ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Left Tackle
Katie 11:56 PM Yesterday
How do we feel about left tackle by committee?

Great move, or a complete bust.
[Reply]
philfree 09:42 AM Today
Oh wow! I haven't done a good job of keeping up with things this is news. Interesting!
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:44 AM Today
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I just don't understand this move, it completely goes against Andys long held desire for continuity on the line... breaking precedent like this is a real head scratcher
Yeah it's nonsensical. So if Morris has another Raiders quality game we're going to go back to Suamataia? If they're willing to bench them for poor performance they should've brought in a vet to stopgap/backup.
[Reply]
Danguardace 09:48 AM Today
I think it is a good move, People anointed Kingsley way too quickly.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:49 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Yeah it's nonsensical. So if Morris has another Raiders quality game we're going to go back to Suamataia? If they're willing to bench them for poor performance they should've brought in a vet to stopgap/backup.
I think that’s why they’re doing the rotation. They want the competition to hopefully show some cream rise to the top.

I want Kingsley to be a star LT as much as anyone but that position CANNOT be a liability. So if he’s not ready, I guess we will see if Wanya is at least in the interim.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:51 AM Today
Originally Posted by Danguardace:
I think it is a good move, People anointed Kingsley way too quickly.
The team did. They named him the starter over Wanya. And they had a broken down Donovan Smith play over him last season as well. They've done nothing to suggest there's any sort of confidence that Wanya Morris is the man for the job, he's just gotten it by default because Kingsley had such a bad showing against Hendrickson.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:51 AM Today
Here, this explanation of things from Schwartz I think should clear up the why behind the move: https://x.com/MitchSchwartz71/status...73175419326746

It's an interesting one because it's not really yes or no. I think Wanya is the better player right now. Usually when you're deciding between two players, as long as it's close you'll go with the young guy because they can learn and improve more than an older player. But Wanya is young too so age becomes less of a factor.

In terms of technique, I think Wanya gets to his spot and uses his outside hand better. You'll see that in the video I posted. He protects the top of the pocket better than Kingsley right now, which is important for a Left Tackle (duh). Kingsley shows all the ability to do it, if you saw my week 1 breakdowns, but it's not consistent.

On that note, the other thing is Wanya doesn't necessarily lose fast. When Kingsley loses right now it's on initial contact and he's beat quickly. Tough for the QB when that's the case, because Pat usually gets the ball out fast, so if you're giving up multiple pressures and sacks that affect him it's a big problem.

All that being said: I think it's the right call for now. Wanya is the better player from what I've seen, and they're both young. Kingsley's issues are more technique based, so give him some time to work on that in practice while staying ready should an injury occur. Just got to make sure he stays sharp mentally and doesn't take it too hard.

[Reply]
KCUnited 09:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
People gotta consider that this isn’t one of those positions where you can just put a guy out there and let him struggle if you think it’s a danger to Pat.

Blindside hits will get him hurt as easy as anything, it’s the last position they can **** around with.

If Worthy has a couple bad reps, it really isn’t gonna matter. When the LT does, it could end your season. So do what you can do improve your game and be ready when your number is called, but until then, we’ve got a GOAT to protect.
Yeah this isn’t Fisher learning on the job with Smith back there and the team staring at a one and done playoff loss season at best
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 09:57 AM Today
This is why it would be beneficial to have Donovan Smith or David Bakhtiari as a veteran insurance policy.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:57 AM Today
Beginning to look then that they made a major miscalculation at LT this season, which is pretty inexcusable given the importance of the position to team success/Mahomes health. Hope it doesn’t cost them a chance at a SB.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:58 AM Today
Morris is only in his second year. Kingsley in his first. I don't have a dog in the hunt. I hope both guys can be solid starters. They each need playing time. Morris hardly played last year outside of the Christmas game everyone wants to blame him for, even though the entire offense sucked.

This situation won't get easier when you see the schedule. Outside of Parsons, we're probably facing every top pass rusher in the league in 2024.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:00 AM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
This is why it would be beneficial to have Donovan Smith or David Bakhtiari as a veteran insurance policy.
Yep. If they weren't willing to let Kingsley take his lumps they should've had a vet ready to go.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:02 AM Today
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Beginning to look then that they made a major miscalculation at LT this season, which is pretty inexcusable given the importance of the position to team success/Mahomes health. Hope it doesn’t cost them a chance at a SB.
Miscalculations at LT and RB depth.

The Chiefs were able to overcome the miscalculation at WR last year… so hopefully history repeats itself.
[Reply]
TEX 10:03 AM Today
Yep. If they weren't willing to let Kingsley take his lumps they should've had a vet ready to go.
I think, with the bye early this year, they'll do that if Morris struggles also. Id do it regardless.
[Reply]
philfree 10:04 AM Today
Didn't Morris get injured in preseason? That might have had something to do with Suamataia getting the nod to start the season.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:04 AM Today
I mean ok he gave up two sacks and a few pressures to a pro bowl quality DE, didn't they expect him to have some early struggles against top shelf guys?

We have no choice but to trust their judgement, but Andys MO with the line has always been... we'll get some of those things cleaned up as we go forward
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up