ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 297 of 326
« First < 197247287293294295296297 298299300301307 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
RunKC 01:07 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
We need "better than JuJu." That's the goal. Move forward and upwards. JuJu is the equivalent of treading water, or going backwards.
Skyy Moore is the equivalent of treading water or going backwards. Juju was a 1k caliber WR that Patrick trusted here. He's also cheap as hell.

Again that doesn't mean he's WR1 or that we fix the problem by only signing him.

If you could kick Skyy Moore's dumbass to the curb and replace him with Juju this offense gets massively better. Due to him being cheap, you can now get your other guys.

Calvin Ridley
Rice
Juju
1st rd WR
Toney (gadget)
Watson
3rd/4th rd WR to develop

Give me that all fucking day
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:11 PM 12-13-2023
We need "better than JuJu." That's the goal. Move forward and upwards. JuJu is the equivalent of treading water, or going backwards.
We do but if JuJu wants to play here for let's say the Mecole contract he can come back anytime.

Dude was a pro that battled on banged up legs to help us win the ring last year and if you can get those guys and they are affordable I would love the signing.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:11 PM 12-13-2023
Oh, I totally agree we have to keep drafting WRs/TEs. Just saying, I don't believe a couple rooks and Rice will replace everything Travis does for the offense, and that goes beyond the stats. DCs fear Travis. I mean, he scares the bejesus out of them. Take him off the field, and a lot of what we want to do gets hamstrung.

When Travis hangs them up, we need to have a guy (or two guys) that scare DCs similar to how Travis has. Imo. Ymmv.

Anyway, we'll see how it pans out. I trust that Veach and Andy will make the right decisions moving forward, whatever they might be.
Yeah I totally get travis’ monster role in this offense. But I think there’s a lot to be said about surrounding mahomes with a deep chart of very good WRs until we find a dawg. I’m good with swinging for that in the draft and missing as long as we keep at it even when we miss. We’re plenty good enough without it, but we know we can cook when we have it
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:13 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Skyy Moore is the equivalent of treading water or going backwards. Juju was a 1k caliber WR that Patrick trusted here. He's also cheap as hell.

Again that doesn't mean he's WR1 or that we fix the problem by only signing him.

If you could kick Skyy Moore's dumbass to the curb and replace him with Juju this offense gets massively better. Due to him being cheap, you can now get your other guys.

Calvin Ridley
Rice
Juju
1st rd WR
Toney (gadget)
Watson
3rd/4th rd WR to develop

Give me that all ****ing day
I think juju makes us better but I also feel like a big part of our regression is that defenses can defend what we’re trying to do. So i think we need a different type of wr. More Rashees, less jujus. Definitely not niche guys who do one thing well, except to round out the back where we can use them as role players
[Reply]
Balto 01:13 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I would be shocked if we don’t walk into next year at minimum with a free agent wr of some kind and a first or second round draft pick at wr. Would also be shocked if we didn’t target a decent passing weapon at TE. Other than this offseason what has veach done that leads you to believe he doesn’t respond to crises?
100% agree
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:16 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I think juju makes us better but I also feel like a big part of our regression is that defenses can defend what we’re trying to do. So i think we need a different type of wr. More Rashees, less jujus. Definitely not niche guys who do one thing well, except to round out the back where we can use them as role players

JuJu compliments Rice. Rice is the better athlete that can play the boundary.

JuJu is the vet that gets open in the middle of the field.

Yes, we also need deep threats but we can tool box that a bit.

If we sign Hollywood or Mooney that's one.

Plus draft is fun identifying speed guys that can play as later round picks.

Tyler Scott was my guy last year and I wished we had grabbed him.

A few years ago I was asking for Mooney or Duvernay as my WR sleepers. That wasn't a bad draft as both those guys are good and went late.
[Reply]
alanm 01:18 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by carcosa:
I will set myself on fire in front of Brett Veach's home
Bring hot dogs. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 01:18 PM 12-13-2023
Nah, go get a legit guy and lets these other guys feed off him.

Trade for Aiyuk or trade up in the draft. Do both, hell I don't care.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 01:20 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:

This board's server would break if that happened.
[Reply]
Megatron96 01:22 PM 12-13-2023
Well, I hope you guys are right and I turn out to be wrong. And that’s about all I have to say on the subject at this point, other than “Trust in Veach.”
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:23 PM 12-13-2023
I absolutely love the idea of rashee being more of a power slot. Surround him with weapons and the things we’re asking him to do now will melt faces. Christian Watson isn’t all that great but we saw last week how much more limited Jayden reed is as a similar type of weapon without Watson.

I think rashee could also be an effective fuller time outside option. But we know he is elite in this role.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:24 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:

You need to let the Aiyuk dream go. He's only $14 million on the 5th year option. Can't see them letting him go
[Reply]
Balto 01:33 PM 12-13-2023
I think this is almost exactly what Veach is going to do. I don't necessarily agree with it, but the writing's on the wall.

One thing to think about though, and something Veach/Andy will probably have the inside scoop on, is when Travis is going to retire. Because it's coming sooner than later. I feel like he'll play in 2024, but I have serious doubts he'll play after that. That's mostly gut feeling, but I'm pretty close to certain about it.

If that's the case, I think Veach better bite the bullet and get a FA alpha-dog WR in the building ASAP. Because if you think the offense looks shitty now, just wait until Travis isn't out there (and I mean the global "You" here, not just you, Chris). If there isn't an All-Pro level WR (or TE), and no Travis, just Rice, Toney, Skyy, a rook, and some bargain-basement FA, it's going to be a lot worse than it is right now.

Especially considering it takes more than a single season for WRs to actually absorb the entire playbook.

But like I said at the top, I'm pretty sure we'll go the route CM outlined in his post. Sounds very much like Veach's MO.
I don't know. I think Veach's style is go all out on the biggest need and be aggressive in getting it fixed with a top talent.

Example would be we needed a DE...Veach goes and get the best he could in Frank Clark with high draft capital.

Needed tackle upgrade after Bucs killed Mahomes...Veach goes and gets OBJ jr. but that was after he went all out for Trent Williams, the best tackle in the NFL, and almost got him! THEN when OBJ jr came up for contract Veach went after Tunsil!

YES I do think Veach's approach for most positions is to get cheap vets and draft BUT if he has a big need like pass rush or OT has been the last couple of years he goes all out and is very aggressive. I see WR being this off seasons OT!

And YES I 100% believe he would give up draft pick/s and pay $20M for a top WR after what the team is going through this season. Thats still cheaper than what Hill would have been costing.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 01:35 PM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
But it's okay to spend $20 million/year on a penalty-prone RT?

Look at the top 10 highest WR contracts this year in terms of annual value... 5-10 are close to what the Chiefs are paying Taylor.

DJ Moore is making about $20 million/year in Chicago.

Terry McLaurin is making about $23 million/year in Washington.
Just stop with the RT bullshit. That money was being spent on OBJ or Taylor. So again you think we should have rolled with Niang, a rookie and Wylie and the best 2 start?
[Reply]
Balto 01:37 PM 12-13-2023
I think this is almost exactly what Veach is going to do. I don't necessarily agree with it, but the writing's on the wall.

One thing to think about though, and something Veach/Andy will probably have the inside scoop on, is when Travis is going to retire. Because it's coming sooner than later. I feel like he'll play in 2024, but I have serious doubts he'll play after that. That's mostly gut feeling, but I'm pretty close to certain about it.

If that's the case, I think Veach better bite the bullet and get a FA alpha-dog WR in the building ASAP. Because if you think the offense looks shitty now, just wait until Travis isn't out there (and I mean the global "You" here, not just you, Chris). If there isn't an All-Pro level WR (or TE), and no Travis, just Rice, Toney, Skyy, a rook, and some bargain-basement FA, it's going to be a lot worse than it is right now.

Especially considering it takes more than a single season for WRs to actually absorb the entire playbook.

But like I said at the top, I'm pretty sure we'll go the route CM outlined in his post. Sounds very much like Veach's MO.

I mostly agree about Travis BUT he might want to top TG in yards. If that's the case he might try to play another 3 or 4 years.
[Reply]
Page 297 of 326
« First < 197247287293294295296297 298299300301307 > Last »
Up