ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 293 of 326
« First < 193243283289290291292293 294295296297303 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
TEX 08:18 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
That's what I'm saying.
Then you sir, are CORRECT!
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:22 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by MIAdragon:
CEH says hello.
CEH is RB3.

Obviously not what anyone hoped for, and so everyone's favorite whipping boy.

And he almost certainly won't be here next year.

Moore probably has one more go around, sure.

You guys would cut anybody immediately, and that's dumb and really fucks your roster.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:24 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by TEX:

They're not going to cut Moore next year, even though they should. And if they improve the offense to something resembling the past, the defense can be good enough.
I generally think that’s true. However if anything I think they just keep 6 WRs. I wonder if remigio can provide some competition because he seems to do a lot of the same thing but with more upside. Wishful thinking, but I think that is more likely than expecting us to bring an outsider replacement.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we brought in 2 WRs this offseason. If that’s the case rice gets bumped to power slot where I think he can destroy worlds in that kind of a role. So skyy gets bumped out of the rotation anyway
[Reply]
TheGuardian 08:26 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
He bypassed every opportunity to upgrade the WR position this year… including before the trade deadline… so, yes there is skepticism.

By the trade deadline the Chiefs WR position was already being exposed as an epic failure… and yet Veach did nothing (Hardman is not a significant attempt to upgrade the WR failures).
It's almost like the people who worship at the alter of Veach won't acknowledge his massive gaffe that was apparent to everyone else, to the entire media, to other players....in that at the trading deadline the WR's were a massive issue that was costing the team games.

And yet he didn't do a fucking thing to address it.

Yes, we know he didn't do a fucking thing outside of bring Hardman back.

D-Hop was there. Don't wanna hear about the cap space because we all know that the cap is always workable for a year or two contract.

Veach fisted the whole team on this issue.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 08:30 AM 12-13-2023
Sometimes you play the game, sometimes the game plays you, we should've gone after DHop, but now we have no DHop and no Chris Jones after this season so we kinda double screwed ourselves with little to show for it. We'll see what happens come playoffs.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:31 AM 12-13-2023
Moore isn't going anywhere, doesn't make sense contractually, maybe we see some slight improvement next season. Hopefully he's buried down the depth chart.

Here's what I would call a bad sign...

Last offseason D. Hopkins was well within striking distance and we let him go to TEN.

This offseason? Our fanship is begging for who? Darnell Mooney? Hmmmmmm.

Not a good leading indicator of how this offseason will go.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:36 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I generally think that’s true. However if anything I think they just keep 6 WRs. I wonder if remigio can provide some competition because he seems to do a lot of the same thing but with more upside. Wishful thinking, but I think that is more likely than expecting us to bring an outsider replacement.

It wouldn’t surprise me if we brought in 2 WRs this offseason. If that’s the case rice gets bumped to power slot where I think he can destroy worlds in that kind of a role. So skyy gets bumped out of the rotation anyway
I'm sure there will be at least 2.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:39 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
What chicken are you talking about? You're not going to get a legitimate WR because you don't want to add $1.5mil to Mahomes cap hit the next 5 years?

He has a 10 year deal, we can maximize restructures and not really worry about them restricting us because they'll be spread over the maximum number of years. And the chiefs have repeatedly said they're tearing up his current contract and giving him a brand new one in the next 2 years anyway so that chicken wont come to roost.
Yeah I think those concerns are overblown. We always have options. We don’t want to use them in order to protect our future cap. But they are always there. And buffalo is an example of how long you can keep stringing that along and still make it work. It creates a little future pain but it is manageable. I understand the thougjt process of not spending money if you don’t have to, knowing it worked fine last year. But that was more a strategic choice versus it being impossible to afford anyone.

And with the reality sinking in that kelce may be on his final legs, the idea of mortgaging our future has changed. we don’t need to sell the farm to do it, but we also don’t need to get too stuck on saving for a future rainy day
[Reply]
JPH83 08:39 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato:
Moore isn't going anywhere, doesn't make sense contractually, maybe we see some slight improvement next season. Hopefully he's buried down the depth chart.

Here's what I would call a bad sign...

Last offseason D. Hopkins was well within striking distance and we let him go to TEN.

This offseason? Our fanship is begging for who? Darnell Mooney? Hmmmmmm.

Not a good leading indicator of how this offseason will go.
I don't think Mooney cuts it. I think Marquise Brown might. Pricier for sure, a stretch maybe, but he is a better player. He might be small but he does play more and better on the outside. I think we just have to aim higher, maybe it's marginal or i'm underating Mooney, I dunno.
[Reply]
Womble 08:46 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:

I just don't even see the point of reducing Skyy Moore's snaps and using him occasionally for 10-20% of snaps. When he's on the field for 60% of the snaps he's been getting bugger all yardage so he's not even qualified to perform in a WR5 role. Essentially putting him on the field means we are playing with 10. I hope they see sense and cut him and I don't care that he's cheap. If I go to a shop for milk and see that a bottle of rotten milk has been reduced by 90% I'm still not buying it.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:49 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I don't think Mooney cuts it. I think Marquise Brown might. Pricier for sure, a stretch maybe, but he is a better player. He might be small but he does play more and better on the outside. I think we just have to aim higher, maybe it's marginal or i'm underating Mooney, I dunno.
I think Mooney is intriguing because he would be more insurance if we draft a WR1 in the first. Which I’d have to think we will no matter what. Put him in at wr1 and hope the rookie bumps him down. I’d love to get Ridley or Pittman at great value but I still would prefer to find a wr1 in the draft and this builds around that without breaking the bank

I mean man, can you imagine a scenario where we have two even decent WRs and rashee playing power slot? Whoa baby.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:50 AM 12-13-2023
Originally Posted by Womble:
I just don't even see the point of reducing Skyy Moore's snaps and using him occasionally for 10-20% of snaps. When he's on the field for 60% of the snaps he's been getting bugger all yardage so he's not even qualified to perform in a WR5 role. Essentially putting him on the field means we are playing with 10. I hope they see sense and cut him and I don't care that he's cheap. If I go to a shop for milk and see that a bottle of rotten milk has been reduced by 90% I'm still not buying it.
Oh yeah believe me, I don’t see the point in him either. I am just being realistic that kc probably would prefer not to cut him.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:52 AM 12-13-2023
But more than anything I just want guys who can consistently be on the same page as Patrick. For that reason a Pittman sure does sound intriguing, and Hollywood brown makes me nervous. I don’t know enough about Mooney.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 08:56 AM 12-13-2023
I really hope they sign a legit alpha WR1 if there is one available (like Pittman) and draft a WR early.

If there's not a true alpha available in FA, I hope they just skip FA all together and draft two guys and develop them.

I think the worst thing we could do is bring in a half measure like Mooney/Hollywood/Etc. We don't need more WR2/3 guys. We have a fuckton of them.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:03 AM 12-13-2023
Mooney is a good target because he's been a 1000 yard receiver, and has experience in this offense. A big part of the problem this season is that these receivers just don't seem to understand where they're supposed to be and when. And then, of course, they don't catch the fucking ball.

Mooney is also still young, and a couple of down seasons with garbage at QB and an offense in total disarray would mean he's probably a bargain.

It's still not a wise investment to spend big money on aging players. It's really important to try to get max production value per cap dollar. Part of the problem right now is we're overpaying MVS for zero production. That sucks because it's money that could be spent elsewhere.

Nobody's worshipping Veach, there have been plenty of mistakes, but there have also been just fantastic moves-especially the last couple of drafts. This one looks pretty good, too. Especially if he found a serviceable LT in the 3rd round.

I imagine there's a zero percent chance of less than two new faces in that WR group next season. At least one vet and one high pick. Given the struggles of this young group, I wouldn't guess they'd take two in the draft but they might.

I would guess it'll be 3; one middle class vet with upside, one high pick, one bargain vet.

But who knows, really.
[Reply]
Page 293 of 326
« First < 193243283289290291292293 294295296297303 > Last »
Up