ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 291 of 326
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293294295301 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
ToxSocks 04:59 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
This seemed obvious to me back in March....a lot of things have seemed obvious that apparently weren't.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:59 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
What’s amazing is how many people claim we need to run our team like the Patriots. Do you honestly think the Patriots in their heyday would not sign a DeAndre Hopkins level player that hit FA with a low $$$ demand?!
They would have in a heart beat.

They signed Antonio Brown, traded for Randy Moss, signed Wes Welker, etc.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:59 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Yep, I just got there this morning. Reading it actually helped me a lot. I got really bummed Sunday night, trouble sleeping, trouble concentrating yesterday, then watching Dhop last night. I needed a boost. The key message for me was acceptance, which I'm normally quite good at in life, and remind myself of all the time. I think reading this site made it harder in this case lol.

yeah, I fortunately went through most of the stages before Sunday. Couple weeks ago, I guess. And i think you're right; this place does make it harder to be calm, lol.

it would be different if we'd never won a SB, I'd be fuming and probably nearly apoplectic. But we have won 2 SBs, and been to another, won the AFC-W title a hundred times in a row, 5 AFCCGs, etc. So I'm a lot steadier emotionally about my Chiefs, lol.

To me, it's kind of like how I'm a fan of the STL Cards. I've seen them win it all multiple times, been to a few WS games, etc. After the first two, I kind of leaned back, as it were. I wasn't as emotionally invested in every game, or even every season. if they looked kind of awful in the first half of the season, I would just tell myself, "it's okay, we'll either figure it out in the 2nd half, or we'll be back in the chase next year."

i haven't given up on the Chiefs in 2023, I just won't allow myself to be a nutcase about their struggles this season to this point. They'll either figure it out, or they won't.

Either way, they'll be back in the hunt in 2024. And the next season. And the next 5-10+ after that.
[Reply]
-King- 05:04 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
That's fantasy land bullshit. Its already been reported that both KC and Buffalo backed off due to financial reasons. I'm sure Veach has no idea what he is doing cap wise unlike you though. Hopkins wanted $13MM per year, at some point that chicken comes home to roost. Tenn has $84MM in cap space next year and $9MM right now.

You guys keep forgetting the plan is to not mortgage any future years as whole for the team for one year of any player.
What chicken are you talking about? You're not going to get a legitimate WR because you don't want to add $1.5mil to Mahomes cap hit the next 5 years?

He has a 10 year deal, we can maximize restructures and not really worry about them restricting us because they'll be spread over the maximum number of years. And the chiefs have repeatedly said they're tearing up his current contract and giving him a brand new one in the next 2 years anyway so that chicken wont come to roost.
[Reply]
-King- 05:08 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by philfree:
It's pretty clear that some people here are smarter about the NFL and the salary cap then the guys who have been to three of the last four Super Bowls winning two of them. They smart!
Or have difference of opinion. That's like if Pat makes a bad throw, you not being able to say you made a bad throw or bad decision or should have went a different way with the ball just because he's smarter and better at quarterbacking than you.

Or do you fall into the camp where you can't criticize or have a different opinion of a move than a GM just because you're not one?

I bet you were a fan of having Toney be WR1 coming into the season huh? I mean, Veach is smarter than you at being a GM, so there's no way you can disagree with that move.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:04 PM 12-12-2023

Antonio Brown lasted 11 fucking days with the Pats... You can't be serious. What a horrible take.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:10 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief:
Antonio Brown lasted 11 ****ing days with the Pats... You can't be serious. What a horrible take.
Because of off the field issues… nothing to do with his on the field performance.

I’d ask are you really that stupid, but you are the Reerunned dumbshit who continues to slobber over Skyy Less’ “elite blocking skills”… so enough said. :-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:18 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by -King-:
Or have difference of opinion. That's like if Pat makes a bad throw, you not being able to say you made a bad throw or bad decision or should have went a different way with the ball just because he's smarter and better at quarterbacking than you.

Or do you fall into the camp where you can't criticize or have a different opinion of a move than a GM just because you're not one?

I bet you were a fan of having Toney be WR1 coming into the season huh? I mean, Veach is smarter than you at being a GM, so there's no way you can disagree with that move.
You should be able to show criticism and frustration with anyone on the team. I just don't get the horrible vitriol towards some our players. Now if they are bad guys, ok, but some of the hate and comments go beyond the pale for anyone who says this is their favorite team. I'm very disappointed with Skyy Moore, MVS, and yes even Mahomes on some of his bad throws, but none of them are bad guys, they aren't trying to fuck us. Then many on here actively routing for them to fail, or call you out if you give them credit for a good play. At the game on Sunday, a guy in our section was bitching the entire game to everyone that could hear him. After MVS caught the pass for 18 yards, he started screaming, "why the fuck did you turn inside, you should be fucking cut your worthless fuck", then immediately started to complain that we were going to get a penalty and we couldn't over come a 1 and 15 anymore. I finally stood up, turned around and told him to "quit his whiny bitching, no one in our section wants to hear it. You bitched after an 18 yard gain and you are bitching that we can't pick up a 1st down after we get a penalty, when on our last drive we picked up a 1st and 25 and scored a touchdown. All you have done all day is bitch, just stop, negativity is contagious, and were all sick of it", everyone in our section, pretty much said yes, just fucking stop. It's just weird to me.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 10:19 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
What’s amazing is how many people claim we need to run our team like the Patriots. Do you honestly think the Patriots in their heyday would not sign a DeAndre Hopkins level player that hit FA with a low $$$ demand?!
Oh, you know what his demand was? Link please to what his contract demands were.
No, you don't.

You might want to put that lip back where it is supposed to be and stop dragging the ground with it. You are going to get it hung on something.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:20 PM 12-12-2023
Because of off the field issues… nothing to do with his on the field performance.

I’d ask are you really that stupid, but you are the Reerunned dumbshit who continues to slobber over Skyy Less’ “elite blocking skills”… so enough said. :-)
He was cut by the Raiders for all that weird shit right before the Patriots signed him. That was retarded to bring someone into your locker room with those issues and was far from "GM Genius" status your claiming. He was Marcus Peters on steroids.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:26 PM 12-12-2023

My God, you are doubling down... Antonio Brown was a horrible signing. You were probably one of the guys on here hoping we would sign him in 2019...

And on Skyy's blocking, read my post, I said they had already removed him from most of the passing game snaps, and he was only on plays where his assignment was blocking on runs and quick hitters to other players. I then added that I hoped Ritchie J would get more against the Bills and Moore less. That happened against the Bills. But, since I didn't hope that he died in a fiery crash I am slobbering over him... Seriously, how do you guys live such a pessimistic life.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:34 PM 12-12-2023
You keep responding to my same post with multiple Reerunned takes that miss the point. :-)

The point is the Faketriots during their dynastic run would not shy away from signing veteran WR’s such as DeAndre Hopkins.

And you trying to frantically run away from your brutally awful previous support for Skyy Less is hilariously pathetic.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:40 PM 12-12-2023
You keep responding to my same post with multiple Reerunned takes that miss the point. :-)

The point is the Faketriots during their dynastic run would not shy away from signing veteran WR’s such as DeAndre Hopkins.

And you trying to frantically run away from your brutally awful previous support for Skyy Less is hilariously pathetic.
Yep over 20 years you came up with 3, with the last one being a guy who was just cut for mental issues and lasted 11 days. Great take...:-) Madden Man
[Reply]
RunKC 10:49 PM 12-12-2023
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Go ahead and point to anyone on this board that wouldn't rather have Hopkins than MVS right now.

Then realize Hopkins wasn't an option when we signed MVS.

Then realize because we signed MVS last year and CJ decided to be a shithead this offseason Hopkins wasn't an option this offseason.

Then realize crying about shit after we won a SB with MVS makes you look stupid because you are mad about what's happening now.

JFC this place.
That dipshit still thinks that Veach can't manage the cap simply bc he can't maneuver Mahomes money to make his cap hits lower every single year :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 11:06 PM 12-12-2023

Are you suggesting that Brett Veach won't be aggressive in fixing this mess in the Spring?
[Reply]
Page 291 of 326
« First < 191241281287288289290291 292293294295301 > Last »
Up