ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 290 of 664
« First < 190240280286287288289290 291292293294300340390 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
Chromatic 05:54 PM 04-26-2015
I think something fucked up has happened. This rumor mill has been going on for 5+ hours now so Dana and the brass at the UFC had to have heard of it. If it was nothing, they would have put out a statement by now.
[Reply]
alnorth 06:06 PM 04-26-2015
Originally Posted by Chromatic:
I think something fucked up has happened. This rumor mill has been going on for 5+ hours now so Dana and the brass at the UFC had to have heard of it. If it was nothing, they would have put out a statement by now.
Yeah, a couple guys who are real media have said that the fighter, his people, and the UFC are usually quick when BS rumors are swirling, but in this case, no one is saying a word.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:07 PM 04-26-2015
By the way this is playing out I would think he's fucked.

They are just hoping there is some way they can spin that he wasn't in the car I'm betting
[Reply]
alnorth 07:10 PM 04-26-2015
Jon Jones is a "person of interest" in a hit and run, and wanted by the ABQ police for questioning. The whole cocaine part seems to be false.

The fight is not actually off yet, but its obviously "in jeopardy" because of this incident.
[Reply]
TimBone 07:17 PM 04-26-2015
Originally Posted by alnorth:
Jon Jones is a "person of interest" in a hit and run, and wanted by the ABQ police for questioning. The whole cocaine part seems to be false.

The fight is not actually off yet, but its obviously "in jeopardy" because of this incident.
I'm completely speculating....but with a guy like Jon jones, who has so much to lose by making a stupid decision, why would he flee a car accident? Only things I can think of are he was either drunk, or had illegal substances (cocoaine) in his car.
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:36 PM 04-26-2015
Originally Posted by TimBone:
I'm completely speculating....but with a guy like Jon jones, who has so much to lose by making a stupid decision, why would he flee a car accident? Only things I can think of are he was either drunk, or had illegal substances (cocoaine) in his car.
Mmanews basically makes it sound like they are insinuating someone else was driving...http://www.mmanews.com/jon-jones-inv...7-title-fight/

Another person involved in the incident, moving parts...
[Reply]
alnorth 09:30 PM 04-26-2015
UFC Statement:

"We are aware that the Albuquerque Police Department is interested in speaking to Jon Jones regarding his possible involvement in a motor vehicle accident. We are in the process of gathering facts and will reserve further comment until more information is available."

edit: Jon Jones is not just a "person of interest" any more, ABQ Police have named him the suspect.

Originally Posted by :
"Yes, he is the suspect and we're hoping that he will contact us to give us his side of the story," Drobik told MMAFighting.com.

The Albuquerque PD Department is asking Jones to reach out by calling (505) 242-2677.

[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:34 PM 04-26-2015
Probably drunk.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:37 PM 04-26-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
Lots reporting hit and run and cocaine...

But no coke head could do what he does :-)
Originally Posted by alnorth:

You just totally blue balled Sauto :-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 09:38 PM 04-26-2015
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
You just totally blue balled Sauto :-)
I'm wondering why it would seem false?

Everything written by anyone other than pd or ufc has said drugs were in the car
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:40 PM 04-26-2015

Everything written by anyone other than pd or ufc has said drugs were in the car
Don't know man. But if I'm leaving the scene to avoid getting caught with drugs I'm probably not leaving them in the car I was driving.
[Reply]
alnorth 09:40 PM 04-26-2015

The cop who was talking to the media was a bit forceful. Said no drugs were found and "he has no idea how the hell" that story started.

Now, its entirely possible Jon Jones was high and fled because he knew he'd fail a drug test, but the rumors flying around at the time were pretty definitive saying the police found drugs.
[Reply]
alnorth 09:44 PM 04-26-2015
Did a bit of research on the applicable crimes involved. If he can pass a drug test when he finally talks to the cops, then since there was reportedly not serious injuries involved (which would be some type of felony), then this hit and run is a misdemeanor in NM, which means either a fine, jail "less than a year", or both at the discretion of the judge.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:46 PM 04-26-2015
Is it common these days to do blood test if there is an accident?
[Reply]
alnorth 10:02 PM 04-26-2015

[Reply]
Page 290 of 664
« First < 190240280286287288289290 291292293294300340390 > Last »
Up