ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 33
« First < 192526272829 30313233 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Hopkins to Chiefs
Pooch 04:50 AM Today
Let’s go

It’s happening: Titans and Chiefs are working to finalize a trade that would send WR DeAndre Hopkins to Kansas City, league sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/aEeKEgI2D8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 23, 2024

Sources: #Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins is being traded to the #Chiefs in exchange for a 5th rounder that can get to a fourth rounder. Deal is being finalized.

A key veteran who could be the final piece, Hopkins name has been hot in the trade market. Now, he lands with the champs. pic.twitter.com/GRvRbUwux6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:00 AM Today
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Nice! Now go get one more WR and we are golden.
Or an actual Left Tackle
[Reply]
Mecca 11:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Or an actual Left Tackle
You aren't getting that this time of year unless you want to scrape off the corpse of Bahktiari or Donovan Smith as insurance.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 11:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn:
Has better hands then Amari Cooper.
He has better hands than everybody
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:02 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You aren't getting that this time of year unless you want to scrape off the corpse of Bahktiari or Donovan Smith as insurance.
Which they definitely should, because you are one injury away from starting Morris AND the rookie.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:03 AM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
You can already see where this is going. Hopkins is going to attack zone coverage like crazy with Kelce, Worthy and Mahomes.

I mean he's gonna be 2022 JuJu.

He's damn near the exact same guy. Worthy as MVS.

The issue is that Kelce isn't 2022 Kelce. And Gray, for all his development, ain't 2022 Kelce either.

So I'd still really like to get another good weapon in here.

But yeah, it ain't hard to see the plan as presently figured.
[Reply]
Warpaint69 11:04 AM Today
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Or an actual Left Tackle
With the investment in picks thats been made on 2 young guys, I'm guessing this move IF anything would be a stop gap.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:05 AM Today
Schrager said that it's likely a 5th that turns into a 4th "based on a Super Bowl appearance and playing time."

So when we make the Super Bowl, it's a 4th. If for some terrible reason we don't, it's only a 5th.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:05 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

The issue is that Kelce isn't 2022 Kelce. And Gray, for all his development, ain't 2022 Kelce either.

Grays upside is being limited to some degree because of Morris, Gray got some catches, Bosa lit up Morris and then Bosa got chipped the rest of the day affecting the routes of the TE's and RB's.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:07 AM Today
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
To DJ's point about making another deal. It's not just about this year, remember we only have Rice, Worthy and Skyy under contract for 2025.

We shouldn't be thinking about rentals - we should be thinking about someone under control or someone we can extend.

And to Mecca's point, the draft class sucks next year and we're picking at the end of each round. I'll gladly use some capital to help us now and in future years.
Ideally, sure. But that's far more difficult to pull off unless they have a massive salary, which is a deal breaker.
[Reply]
jd1020 11:07 AM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
LJ Sneed gotta be pretty mad watching this play out.
He got 2 rings and a pay day. Wtf is he mad about?
[Reply]
BEAVER 11:07 AM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Oh so you're going to be a disingenuous bundle of sticks and pretend that people were concerned about Hunt's offseason hernia surgery (literally nobody brought this up as a concern) and not the fact that he looked washed last year and was sitting on his couch?

Fucking reerun.

Again though, I said absolutely notihng about injuries, you made it about that, not me.
Let's see how he responds to being surrounded by fucking winners. That can fix most any issue.
[Reply]
teedubya 11:10 AM Today
LFG D.ROP!!

OK this is embarrassing. I was reading an article about Chiefs trying to get DROB from the Rams. ��
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 11:10 AM Today
Love this reaction from the Chesapeake:

LEMME CRASH OUT ABOUT THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS TRADING FOR DEANDRE HOPKINS AT 3 A.M. IN THE MORNING!!! WTF 🤦🏽*♂️🤦🏽*♂️🤦🏽*♂️#ChiefsKingdom #NFL #Ravensflock pic.twitter.com/nwuyWBCk9P

— Natra Lee(Crash Out King) (@STodcs) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:12 AM Today
WHOAAAA!!! Woke up to trade news. What in the world. Chiefs wanted him here in the offseason but got out bidded. I'm pretty surprised they let him got for a 5th but he's not young.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:14 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

FWIW Verderame said on his pod that he talked to a Chiefs source who said he was a great fit bc he can do a lot of the things Rice has done. I get Juju can too but is he reliable?

Also mentioned that when Juju comes back they can easily move him around to get Hopkins on downfield corner, post and go routes.

Juju just isn’t doing much of the downfield stuff anymore. Hopkins is a better healthier Juju with more talent to do the downfield stuff. Plus he’s gonna take a lot of attention which will help everyone else.

Mahomes has to be thrilled to get this guy mid season
[Reply]
Page 29 of 33
« First < 192526272829 30313233 >
Up