ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 31
« First < 192526272829 3031 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM Yesterday
Discuss...
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:23 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Johnson is a FA after this year IIRC.

Why wouldn't you move a guy you aren't bringing back or one who's gonna hit FA?
He is.

Like I said, they may not do it, but they'd be foolish to not even consider it.

$7M in cap savings, more snaps for Legette and Mingo and draft capital.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:24 AM Today
If I'm Veach/Reid, I'm looking for a high-floor starter to replace some of Rice's production.

I don't see this potential move as fun way to kick the tires on a high-ceiling/low-floor guy that hasn't worked out, which is Veach's typical move.

This scenario calls for immediate production in a year where we can go for a three-peat. With that being the case, combined with it being a poor draft year AND us having an extra pick, this might be a rare scenario where Veach flops his dick on the table with a big swing.

I'm not sure how the cap works if we go for an top-tier / high-contract guy.

List of WR Contracts: https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/contract.../wr/sort/value
[Reply]
Mecca 11:27 AM Today
Originally Posted by Dante84:
If I'm Veach/Reid, I'm looking for a high-floor starter to replace some of Rice's production.

I don't see this potential move as fun way to kick the tires on a high-ceiling/low-floor guy that hasn't worked out, which is Veach's typical move.

This scenario calls for immediate production in a year where we can go for a three-peat. With that being the case, combined with it being a poor draft year AND us having an extra pick, this might be a rare scenario where Veach flops his dick on the table with a big swing.

I literally just read something saying next years draft sucks, there's currently 10 players with first round grades.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:30 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I literally just read something saying next years draft sucks, there's currently 10 players with first round grades.
Exactly. And if anyone has a pulse on the talent next year, it's Veach.

I wouldn't be surprised if he really does shoot for the moon here. (At the same time, I know he's been one to exercise caution due to age, injuries, etc... when it comes to spending cap or draft value on players.)
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by Dante84:

Not happening unless we clear a metric fuckton of space.

In any trade the Chiefs would take on the dead cap money plus any future salary.
[Reply]
O.city 11:32 AM Today
Yeah, Johnson makes the most sense. Or Cooper.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:34 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Yeah, Johnson makes the most sense. Or Cooper.
I think we might even have to make some room for Dionte.

$3M dead cap plus his prorated $7M base salary.

@DJ'sleftnut please correct me if I'm wrong.
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:36 AM Today
I hope I am wrong but based on year's past don't know if I would get my hopes up to much. Also he complimented Skyy's play today.

#Chiefs HC Andy Reid on midseason trade acquisitions learning the system: "It depends on who the guy is. If he's got experience in the offense it's not too bad."

— Charles Goldman (@goldmctNFL) September 30, 2024

[Reply]
Mecca 11:36 AM Today
Options are very very limited here, no one is going to shit on their young QB or leave someone in an impossible situation.

You're basically down to hoping Cleveland ownership says fuck it or that Carolina likes it's young WRs.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:37 AM Today
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I hope I am wrong but based on year's past don't know if I would get my hopes up to much. Also he complimented Skyy's play today.

So you really hope that Jacksonville trades you Christian Kirk?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:37 AM Today
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

I hope that's just coachspeak, otherwise test the man for CTE.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:38 AM Today
So you really hope that Jacksonville trades you Christian Kirk?
I don't see how that contract is tradeable.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 11:38 AM Today
Skyy must have dirt on someone LOL
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:38 AM Today
Options are very very limited here, no one is going to shit on their young QB or leave someone in an impossible situation.

You're basically down to hoping Cleveland ownership says **** it or that Carolina likes it's young WRs.
Which is really all I'm saying.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:38 AM Today
Kendrick Bourne, New England Patriots.

Darius Slayton, NY Giants

Other guys to call on.
[Reply]
Page 29 of 31
« First < 192526272829 3031 >
Up