ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 29 of 49
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Leo Chenal Thread*****
Dante84 09:23 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Leo Chenal was drafted with pick 103 of round 3 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.99 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 3 out of 2419 LB from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/unnXwkfpiT #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/YdwWEkOnmR

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 30, 2022

The moment our newest LB got the call he was joining the Chiefs 📲 @chenal_leo pic.twitter.com/2q3fLOFoPA

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 4, 2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 01:52 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
They've gotta have a Quinn trade in the works.

Nothing else makes sense.

Brett Veach doesn't say "we're going to focus on refreshing the DL" and then bring back the same unit + a rookie with sub-par bend. I just don't buy it.
Unless there is another DE out there that we aren't thinking of.
[Reply]
O.city 01:57 PM 05-10-2022
They've gotta have a Quinn trade in the works.

Nothing else makes sense.

Brett Veach doesn't say "we're going to focus on refreshing the DL" and then bring back the same unit + a rookie with sub-par bend. I just don't buy it.
Originally Posted by The Franchise:

via GIPHY

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:01 PM 05-10-2022
I can't imagine there is. Addison signed with the Texans a week or two back as well, IIRC.

I wouldn't gamble on Everson Griffen's headspace at this point. Morgan Fox is shitty.

Carlos Dunlap? But he's another Clark/Karlaftis sort of power/leverage guy.

I'm starting to get the distinct impression that they don't realize Frank Clark sucks.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:02 PM 05-10-2022
In one of Veaches interviews he talks about trying to get a deal done with Tyreek and talks about how they were exploring the veteran DL market and mentions that route may have cost draft and cap capital and they weren’t going to do that with Tyreek.

I’d love a trade for Quinn, but I don’t think that’s the route Veach has plans for. He doesn’t fit the profile and I’m not sure why Chicago would trade him.

I honestly think Veach has one more big swing trade he’s going to make before camp.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:04 PM 05-10-2022
I can't imagine there is. Addison signed with the Texans a week or two back as well, IIRC.

I wouldn't gamble on Everson Griffen's headspace at this point. Morgan Fox is shitty.

I'm starting to get the distinct impression that they don't realize Frank Clark sucks.
Clowney had 11 sacks while being really good against the run last year. He also wouldn’t cost a pick, is younger than Quinn and could probably be had for a 2-3 year deal for less than Quinn.
[Reply]
O.city 02:05 PM 05-10-2022

After what Andy said.....surely not right? I mean he backed the bus up over him. No way.

Something has to be in the works. Maybe once they get OBJ done?
[Reply]
BossChief 02:08 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
After what Andy said.....surely not right? I mean he backed the bus up over him. No way.

Something has to be in the works. Maybe once they get OBJ done?
Veach said (on the PFT interview) that right now, they have enough room for a small/medium move and that after the OBJ extension, they will have enough for a big move.

He wouldn’t say that if he hadn’t already explored that option and has something in mind and it’s been discussed with the other team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:14 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Clowney had 11 sacks while being really good against the run last year. He also wouldn’t cost a pick, is younger than Quinn and could probably be had for a 2-3 year deal for less than Quinn.
According to anyone that's ever talked about it, the organization just has zero interest in Clowney.

But Frank Clark is essentially Herpes and just won't go away.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:24 PM 05-10-2022

I meant more of a trade.

But the longer this goes on….I think they’re expecting Kaindoh or Herring to take a leap forward.

But who knows at this point.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:43 PM 05-10-2022
I don’t think they want to give up a fairly high draft pick to get a 32 year old in a year of transition.

Also think they want to see Kaindoh and Herring as Pest pointed out.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:54 PM 05-10-2022
I meant more of a trade.

But the longer this goes on….I think they’re expecting Kaindoh or Herring to take a leap forward.

But who knows at this point.
Herring was considered a 6th rounder BEFORE his knee went 'splodey.

Expecting anything out of him is nuts. Besides, he's just another plodding mauler. He's poverty Karlaftis.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:55 PM 05-10-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t think they want to give up a fairly high draft pick to get a 32 year old in a year of transition.

Also think they want to see Kaindoh and Herring as Pest pointed out.
That's fine for the last DE on your roster.

But right now the starting lineup needs help. And wanting to know what you have in two complete flyers is NOT a good enough reason not to bring that help in.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 03:09 PM 05-10-2022
I looked at the FAs for 2023 at DE on Spotrac, and didn’t really see anyone too exciting.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:36 PM 05-10-2022
Herring was considered a 6th rounder BEFORE his knee went 'splodey.

Expecting anything out of him is nuts. Besides, he's just another plodding mauler. He's poverty Karlaftis.
I think plodding mauler might be Spags' type, does he really value bend? The best two DL FAs left are Ingram and Hicks, by a distance. Hicks is a significant upgrade at DT, Ingram would immediately, once again, be our best DE. It's not a fun trade or thrilling acquisition but it's what makes sense.
[Reply]
tyton75 03:38 PM 05-10-2022
Just move Leo down to the line on passing downs and let him attack
[Reply]
Page 29 of 49
« First < 192526272829 3031323339 > Last »
Up