ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 286 of 664
« First < 186236276282283284285286 287288289290296336386 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
alnorth 03:20 PM 04-03-2015
Fight night tomorrow is actually fight afternoon, probably to avoid competing with the tournament.

Everyone made weight, and it is a decent free card, couple interesting matches on there. Main card starts at noon central, prelims start at 10am.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 06:40 PM 04-03-2015
So i guess since ronda rousey got a huge pop at wrestlemania, shes now going to be in the wwe extreme rules ppv in an actual match....accompanied by none other than cm punk. interestingly enough dana and vince were able to hash out a deal.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:42 PM 04-03-2015
They are ruining it.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 06:44 PM 04-03-2015
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO:
They are ruining it.
Dana is running out of mainstream cash cows and needs to milk the exposure for what its worth.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:51 PM 04-03-2015
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
Dana is running out of mainstream cash cows and needs to milk the exposure for what its worth.
I've hated Dana white from day one.

Always said he would ruin MMA.
[Reply]
TimBone 07:02 PM 04-03-2015
I've hated Dana white from day one.

Always said he would ruin MMA.
Well, he brought the UFC back from the dead...so we can thank him for that. That being said, they should be trying to break away from the WWE comparisons, not getting in bed with them. This is a step backwards in legitimizing the sport of MMA in mainstream America's eyes. Bad move. Dana White chases that almighty dollar to the extreme, doesn't he?
[Reply]
SAUTO 07:07 PM 04-03-2015
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Well, he brought the UFC back from the dead...so we can thank him for that. That being said, they should be trying to break away from the WWE comparisons, not getting in bed with them. This is a step backwards in legitimizing the sport of MMA in mainstream America's eyes. Bad move. Dana White chases that almighty dollar to the extreme, doesn't he?
His boss's money brought it back.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:08 PM 04-03-2015
They are ruining it.
Couldnt. agree. more.

WTF are they trying to do with this marriage of fake and real?

Its gone too far afaic, the UFC diminishes its brand every time one of their stars gets into this crap.
[Reply]
TimBone 07:16 PM 04-03-2015
I agree that they threw a lot of money at it, but he did the work in bringing it back. A lot of work. I just wish the Fertittas' would see that in order to continue to grow from where they are now, they need a more professional face. His language, bias, and overall appearance are not what a major sports league needs in a 'commissioner' role.
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:32 PM 04-03-2015
His language, bias, and overall appearance are not what a major sports league needs in a 'commissioner' role.
You mean you wouldnt want a bloated meathead who shoots from the hip in every conversation and looks like he'd rather be banging high priced whores in Vegas representing your lucrative venture?
[Reply]
Jerm 07:57 PM 04-03-2015
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:
So i guess since ronda rousey got a huge pop at wrestlemania, shes now going to be in the wwe extreme rules ppv in an actual match....accompanied by none other than cm punk. interestingly enough dana and vince were able to hash out a deal.
Where on earth did you see this???

Not seeing it reported anywhere and I highly, highly doubt it.

RR's agent has already came out and said the appearance was a one time deal...if there's any more involvement with the WWE I don't see it being until Wrestlemania 32.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:14 PM 04-03-2015
He needed the Fertittas obviously, but I don't think that MMA is anywhere near this popular without Dana White, at least historically, he's not quite as important today.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:15 PM 04-03-2015
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Where on earth did you see this???

Not seeing it reported anywhere and I highly, highly doubt it.

RR's agent has already came out and said the appearance was a one time deal...if there's any more involvement with the WWE I don't see it being until Wrestlemania 32.
Yeah, this too.
[Reply]
TimBone 08:33 PM 04-03-2015
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
You mean you wouldnt want a bloated meathead who shoots from the hip in every conversation and looks like he'd rather be banging high priced whores in Vegas representing your lucrative venture?
Exactly. I sure appreciate him building the brand back up though. 2005-2012 were some great years for MMA.
[Reply]
alnorth 08:36 PM 04-03-2015
Exactly. I sure appreciate him building the brand back up though. 2005-2012 were some great years for MMA.
He should probably retire. Have a grand ceremony for him, put him in the UFC hall of fame, have him on TV shows, honor him, etc... but it would be nice to have someone just a little more professional. Hell, he owns 9% of Zuffa, he'll be fine.

We don't need someone with a stick up his ass like the NFL and MLB, just someone who wears a sport jacket and thinks a couple seconds to lightly censor himself before answering questions.
[Reply]
Page 286 of 664
« First < 186236276282283284285286 287288289290296336386 > Last »
Up