« First < 185235275281282283284285 286287288289 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:36 PM 08-01-2024
I was on the Pickens bandwagon, but went full truefan homer and defended the Skyy Moore pick repeatedly. I owe a lot of apologies, and I think most of them to DJ's Left Nut.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:39 PM 08-01-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I mean, they would have made that pick and not given a single shit what fans thought. But you already had a good chunk of dumbasses in Chiefs Kingdom who got erections when they saw the Chiefs were trading up in the 1st round in 2022, and when the pick was announced as CB Trent McDuffie, they threw tantrums because it wasn't a WR. And then their second pick was ALSO a defensive pick.

Again, I really don't think the Chiefs picked a WR in the 2nd because it would quiet the idiot impatient fans, but they probably did see it as a position that should at least be addressed prior to day 3.

Picking a WR in round 2 was a prudent move, but the player they picked ended up being full on bust. All of the qualities they thought he could translate to the pros (smarts, route running, short area quickness) he's actually really really bad at. Oh well.
IIRC they did a ton of pre draft work on Pickens. Apparently they didn't like what they found enough to trade out when he fell right into their laps. At that point just go elsewhere with the pick, even if the fans will be pissed.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:51 PM 08-01-2024
Breeland Speaks didn't get axed until his 3rd training camp. Other than the weird Keivarae Russell anomaly, the 3rd year is generally the earliest Andy will cut loose a high draft pick mistake.

This is #3 for Skyy.

Soon.
Yup.

Guy's getting outplayed by something called Montrelle Washington. He done. Even if Toney's out for some period of time, that just ensures that Irv Smith and Nikko Remigio make the team.

I don't see us keeping 7 WRs and 4 TEs. I honestly think that if Toney's healthy, the battle comes down to Remigio vs. Irv Smith.

I think we're gonna want another DE. I don't see how we keep 9 defensive linemen and 10 pass catchers, especially not with as many potential developmental OL as we seem likely to give a long look.

The numbers crunch (and the fact that he sucks) has really given Moore no path to making this roster, IMO.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 03:51 PM 08-01-2024
We passed on T. Boone Bitchkins and won two Super Bowls.

I'm good with how things turned out.
:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:54 PM 08-01-2024
I mean, they would have made that pick and not given a single shit what fans thought. But you already had a good chunk of dumbasses in Chiefs Kingdom who got erections when they saw the Chiefs were trading up in the 1st round in 2022, and when the pick was announced as CB Trent McDuffie, they threw tantrums because it wasn't a WR. And then their second pick was ALSO a defensive pick.

Again, I really don't think the Chiefs picked a WR in the 2nd because it would quiet the idiot impatient fans, but they probably did see it as a position that should at least be addressed prior to day 3.

Picking a WR in round 2 was a prudent move, but the player they picked ended up being full on bust. All of the qualities they thought he could translate to the pros (smarts, route running, short area quickness) he's actually really really bad at. Oh well.
I was dead certain Jermaine Johnson was the pick at 22. And then at 30 we'd go with a DB (not even necessarily a CB). So something like Jermaine Johnson and Kyler Gordon.

Point: Chiefs

Though to Johnson's credit, he took a pretty big step forward last season. As an all-around DE, I think he was actually better than GK last season. But certainly not so much so that he changes the calculus.

McDuffie was just the obviously right decision there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:55 PM 08-01-2024
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
I was on the Pickens bandwagon, but went full truefan homer and defended the Skyy Moore pick repeatedly. I owe a lot of apologies, and I think most of them to DJ's Left Nut.
I'll go ahead and let Detox take the first victory lap on Skyy. He was equally vociferous in his disdain of the pick.
[Reply]
crispystl 04:07 PM 08-01-2024
Breeland Speaks didn't get axed until his 3rd training camp. Other than the weird Keivarae Russell anomaly, the 3rd year is generally the earliest Andy will cut loose a high draft pick mistake.

This is #3 for Skyy.

Soon.
Man, Keivarae must've really stunk it up in his limited time here. They've never came close to cutting bait that quickly on any other player drafted that high.

Was anyone here at that camp to see it?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:14 PM 08-01-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Man, Keivarae must've really stunk it up in his limited time here. They've never came close to cutting bait that quickly on any other player drafted that high.

Was anyone here at that camp to see it?
The Russell thing was really strange.

Because he wasn't playing obviously worse than guys we've seen make the team.

I really think it was just a deal where he was being an asshole. He thought he'd "made it" and wasn't putting the work in.

I mean he played parts of 5 seasons in the NFL. Someone saw fit to occasionally pay him. And he was seen as something of a value pick when drafted - the tools were there.
[Reply]
crispystl 04:17 PM 08-01-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

I really think it was just a deal where he was being an asshole. He thought he'd "made it" and wasn't putting the work in.

I mean he played parts of 5 seasons in the NFL. Someone saw fit to occasionally pay him. And he was seen as something of a value pick when drafted - the tools were there.
Was that Andy's first year?
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:18 PM 08-01-2024
I don’t regret not getting Pickens. There are divas and then there’s Marcus peters. And Pickens is an offense version of peters. And I still don’t know why tomlin gets credit for managing these types of players when all he’s done is breed WRs who are prone to self destruct in a few years.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:19 PM 08-01-2024
I regret getting Skyy Moore
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 04:20 PM 08-01-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Yeah, he was actually okay with the bengals. Not good, but he wasn’t a flat out bust like speaks who had no business being on a football field.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:21 PM 08-01-2024
Speaks being a 2nd round pick is like Elvis Grbac being NFL's sexiest man

Someone clearly fucked something up
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:22 PM 08-01-2024
Originally Posted by crispystl:
Was that Andy's first year?
No; I think it was right before his 4th.
[Reply]
Womble 04:23 PM 08-01-2024
Have we cut this piece of shit yet?
[Reply]
Page 285 of 295
« First < 185235275281282283284285 286287288289 > Last »
Up