ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 31
« First < 182425262728 293031 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM Yesterday
Discuss...
[Reply]
Mecca 10:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
In Burt Veech I trust.

That said, my armchair GM ass would bring Ross up and avoid stone hands players like Amari Cooper. Nothing worse than a WR that can't catch.
I mean he has 683 career catches, this isn't like Kadarious Toney.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:02 AM Today
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Panthers defense already down Derrick Brown, now Shaq Thompson has a torn achilles.

They'd kinda be foolish not to listen on Dionte.
I mean there is something to be said for a coaching staff wanting 'proof of concept' with their offense.

If the new staff wants to prove the system works so they can build on/around it, they may want to keep Johnson around. And it may be the right move, especially if they feel like having Johnson is helping Leggette develop.

But you have to make the call and I think you have to make a serious effort. A 6th ain't it. But a 4th might be enough.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:03 AM Today
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
Toney's right
That's a fan account - not Toney himself.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:04 AM Today
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
With what, exactly? What exactly do you think is available that solves everything? Real life isn't Madden. I'm sure if there's an opportunity to get better, Veach will take it.

There's no game changer coming because it's not available. It takes a certain situation, and then the other team has to be willing to deal, and it has to be worth the squeeze for KC, too.

More than likely, we're looking at the team we'll finish with, barring a Hollywood return late, and Omenihu.
Nobody is saying we need Justin Jefferson. Right now our top priority is getting mahomes right and when you’ve got a few guys on the depth chart who are unrosterable, every little bit helps. We need reliable targets. Hopkins, Deontae, Amari, maybe even someone like drob… these are guys who are playing for potential sellers and if it’s a 1 year rental, I don’t think they care who picks them up as long as they get picks in return
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:04 AM Today
Maybe Mahomes can shred Skyy Moore's knee next while trying to tackle an Amari Cooper tipped pass INT return
[Reply]
O.city 11:06 AM Today
The Panthers benched their QB. It's a rebuild with a new staff etc.

Go for it.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I mean there is something to be said for a coaching staff wanting 'proof of concept' with their offense.

If the new staff wants to prove the system works so they can build on/around it, they may want to keep Johnson around. And it may be the right move, especially if they feel like having Johnson is helping Leggette develop.

But you have to make the call and I think you have to make a serious effort. A 6th ain't it. But a 4th might be enough.
I think I go a touch stronger than that since we have two R3 picks.

Tell their GM this is a one time offer - our R3 (keep the one from Tennessee) for Dionte.

Yes or no, and if it's no we're moving on.

We obviously liked him enough to have conversations with his agent, there isn't a realistic better option out there and he fits what we do.

Now, for reasons you mentioned they very well may pass on that, but as a team seriously lacking draft capital and Johnson being in the last year of his deal, they'd have to consider it.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 11:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by DaFace:
That's a fan account - not Toney himself.
Toney fan account's right
[Reply]
RunKC 11:09 AM Today
Stefanski’s job could be on line. You think even if they are 1-6 he’s gonna be fine with getting rid of Cooper?

Canales offense finally took off due in part to a QB change and having Diontae Johnson. If you are him why are you getting rid of a quality vet WR to hurt your team?

Put yourself in their shoes
[Reply]
O.city 11:09 AM Today
Johnson is actually having a really good season too.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:10 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Stefanski’s job could be on line. You think even if they are 1-6 he’s gonna be fine with getting rid of Cooper?

Canales offense finally took off due in part to a QB change and having Diontae Johnson. If you are him why are you getting rid of a quality vet WR to hurt your team?

Is Stefanski their GM?

The Canales one makes more sense because he's new if anything Stefanski may be out on his ass because they got rid of Mayfield and brought in Watson on his tenure.
[Reply]
O.city 11:11 AM Today

Johnson is a FA after this year IIRC.

Why wouldn't you move a guy you aren't bringing back or one who's gonna hit FA?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:12 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Johnson is a FA after this year IIRC.

Why wouldn't you move a guy you aren't bringing back or one who's gonna hit FA?
I mean they have used back to back high picks on WR's while also having Theilen but who knows this dude may be adamant they need to run his offense and these guys aren't ready etc.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:13 AM Today
Browns GM has been there 4 years. He gave Watson that horrific deal after trading for him.

That reinforces the point. His seat is basically on fire and he’s gonna do anything to save his job. Fuck next year he’s trying to win today bc it’s not looking good.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:14 AM Today
Browns GM has been there 4 years. He gave Watson that horrific deal after trading for him.

That reinforces the point. His seat is basically on fire and he’s gonna do anything to save his job. Fuck next year he’s trying to win today bc it’s not looking good.
In that case no one is going to trade with us, really who fits the bill as a team that would actually make a move?
[Reply]
Page 28 of 31
« First < 182425262728 293031 >
Up