ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 34
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM Yesterday
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:21 PM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
I'm at the point of giving up on it. There are a multitude of metrics where this offense has slid significantly since Nagy took over as OC. He was an abject failure in Chicago that learned next to nothing since the same flaws are becoming more and more apparent here.

Just gotta wait for him and the organization to mutually agree to move on at this point.
Yeah, I really want Reid to add new young coaches to the offense from other trees.

Need more new ideas in here because Nagy's plays are just pedestrian and bad.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:24 PM Today
I think we can all agree the "fix" shouldn't have been getting the rookie ****ing destroyed operating on an island then benching him. That was ****ing stupid.
Yeah, I get if wanya wasn’t completely ready. I’m still scratching my head at why we have no chip help to the rookie but we gave it to the veteran. I get that our RBs may be better equipped for that kind of pass pro but it feels like we set Kingsley up to fail
[Reply]
Bowser 12:25 PM Today
I can't lie - watching all those bunch offensive sets against the Falcons made me think of Trubisky in Chicago throwing pass after pass horizontal down the line of scrimmage, over and over again.

Maybe they were overestimating and overcompensating for what Judon and Jarrett were going to do to Wanya. Hopefully they open this shit up against a depleted Chargers squad.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:26 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I can't lie - watching all those bunch offensive sets against the Falcons made me think of Trubisky in Chicago throwing pass after pass horizontal down the line of scrimmage, over and over again.

Maybe they were overestimating and overcompensating for what Judon and Jarrett were going to do to Wanya. Hopefully they open this shit up against a depleted Chargers squad.
And Fields. And Dalton. And Foles.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:29 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bowser:

Remember Alex Smith doing this?

I’m gonna need to go through some Wanya Morris stuff on all 22 bc so far it ain’t good.

I think there’s a reason they went to quick passes
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:30 PM Today
I'm at the point of giving up on it. There are a multitude of metrics where this offense has slid significantly since Nagy took over as OC. He was an abject failure in Chicago that learned next to nothing since the same flaws are becoming more and more apparent here.

Just gotta wait for him and the organization to mutually agree to move on at this point.
Wont happen until the offense costs us in the playoffs. Probably multiple times. Andy doesn’t fire his buddies unless he has no choice.
[Reply]
O.city 12:31 PM Today
If it's that big of an issue, go trade for a LT.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:32 PM Today
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Wont happen until the offense costs us in the playoffs. Probably multiple times. Andy doesn’t fire his buddies unless he has no choice.
Right. That's why I'm so God Damned perturbed by him being on this staff. It'll be like Sutton where he's retained FAR past his shelf life and they'll finally rid themselves of him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:34 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Or don't bench the rookie with top end upside because he got waxed by a top 5 DE when you refused to give him help
[Reply]
O.city 12:36 PM Today
Or don't bench the rookie with top end upside because he got waxed by a top 5 DE when you refused to give him help
The Chiefs don't help the T's, they want guys into routes. They help more, less guys into routes, more you flaming whoever here.

It's lose lose.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:37 PM Today
Now, I would've personally had a veteran rostered for the exact scenario that happened against the Bengals. Barring that, you gotta let the kid take his lumps. Benching him for Wanya Morris makes absolutely no sense to me, especially given how little trust they have in him.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:38 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Honestly they should have done that before the draft, otherwise, get the kid up to speed. Use some 12 set formations and have Gray/Wiley help him out over there the first month or so.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:39 PM Today
Morris was working almost exclusively against Arnold Ebikete and Lorenzo Carter. That might be the easiest assignment he gets all season, and they still gave him a bunch of help and Mahomes was rolling out of the pocket needlessly.
[Reply]
O.city 12:40 PM Today
Watching some of the stuff on twitter.....Wanya isn't good.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 12:40 PM Today
Right. That's why I'm so God Damned perturbed by him being on this staff. It'll be like Sutton where he's retained FAR past his shelf life and they'll finally rid themselves of him.
I’ve had this horrifying feeling for a long time now that the organization sees Nagy as the Coach in Waiting.

I sure hope I’m wrong. But that’s the vibe I get.
[Reply]
Page 28 of 34
« First < 182425262728 29303132 > Last »
Up