ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2749 of 2750
« First < 1749224926492699273927452746274727482749 2750 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Kman34 02:26 PM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Mahomes has played like dog crap and we are 3-0.

That play was at 11 seconds left in the first half with no timeouts.. He couldn’t throw to the middle of the field and the deep outs were covered… Saved a FG…
SFC…
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:31 PM Today
lmao fake news
[Reply]
BleedingRed 02:33 PM Today
Hard to go deep when you have no time in the pocket
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:37 PM Today
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
I thought this would improve. I think this is a combination of not having the same supporting cast he had in 18/19 and the way defenses are playing us. The injury to Hollywood Brown certainly didn’t help.

Nagy ball.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:38 PM Today
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
Hard to go deep when you have no time in the pocket
That's what she said!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:41 PM Today
Terrible throw by Mahomes. Looks like he might have been able to fire one in to Worthy, though that CB that fell down probably spooked him.

#Chiefs look for the Y-Leak to Rashee right off the bat in ATL -- but Mahomes just misses it. It's possible Rashee went vertical too quickly

But look at 15's follow through. Doesn't bring his back leg through, that's why the ball dies

Would've been a huge play pic.twitter.com/W8s0tfzp85

— Ron Kopp Jr. (@Ron_Kopp) September 24, 2024

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:18 PM Today
2nd fewest explosive play percentage. Only Bears are worse. What the hell has happened????
[Reply]
Pablo 05:19 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
2nd fewest explosive play percentage. Only Bears are worse. What the hell has happened????
We've been Nagy'd
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 05:20 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pablo:
We've been Nagy'd
The Alex offense with no WR TDs was more explosive
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:30 PM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Terrible throw by Mahomes. Looks like he might have been able to fire one in to Worthy, though that CB that fell down probably spooked him.

Ugh. More bad fundamentals.

I get that you don’t want to over coach a player as unique as Mahomes, but this is something that his QB coach and him should’ve had cleaned up a long time ago.

He’s barely even using his back leg here and as a result has no power on the ball. If you’re the best QB in the NFL you gotta make that throw.

I really think a huge part of his problem the last couple years are his fundamentals have completely fallen apart on several occasions.

They looked much better in 2018 which shouldn’t make any sense.
[Reply]
Best22 06:45 PM Today
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Ugh. More bad fundamentals.

I get that you don’t want to over coach a player as unique as Mahomes, but this is something that his QB coach and him should’ve had cleaned up a long time ago.

He’s barely even using his back leg here and as a result has no power on the ball. If you’re the best QB in the NFL you gotta make that throw.

I really think a huge part of his problem the last couple years are his fundamentals have completely fallen apart on several occasions.

They looked much better in 2018 which shouldn’t make any sense.
Looked better in 2022 as well

The intercepted pass was also thrown flat footed if I remember correctly

He looked a little better after the first drive
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:50 PM Today
Originally Posted by Best22:
Looked better in 2022 as well

The intercepted pass was also thrown flat footed if I remember correctly

He looked a little better after the first drive
He doesn’t use his lower body at all and throws with all arm several times a game.

Usually with a clean pocket too which makes it even more bizarre. It’s like he just gets lazy and chooses not to step into the throw.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:58 PM Today
I think It's extremely likely that Mahomes is aware that his mechanics are a little out of whack, and he'll get it right.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:29 PM Today
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
I think It's extremely likely that Mahomes is aware that his mechanics are a little out of whack, and he'll get it right.
I agree that he will get it right. He is too competitive, and too obsessed with legacy to not fix it.

But, I was watching league highlights, and what I really noticed about Mahomes compared to the QBs who are currently playing great, is Mahomes seems to be trying to place the ball in spots, almost like Tua, aiming instead of throwing.

It really looks like he just doesn't have confidence in the line, and he is reluctant to really step into his throws while in the pocket. Not always, of course, but a lot of the time.

Mahomes working on, and fixing his footwork and going back to fundamentals doesn't really change the situation on the offensive line. I am not sure how healthy Thuney is, but his play seems to be impacted by the LT struggling.

I don't doubt that we will win a lot of games, and make the playoffs, but that's not the goal this year. Hopefully Morris will really step up and claim the LT spot with his play.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:18 PM Today
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
I agree that he will get it right. He is too competitive, and too obsessed with legacy to not fix it.

But, I was watching league highlights, and what I really noticed about Mahomes compared to the QBs who are currently playing great, is Mahomes seems to be trying to place the ball in spots, almost like Tua, aiming instead of throwing.

It really looks like he just doesn't have confidence in the line, and he is reluctant to really step into his throws while in the pocket. Not always, of course, but a lot of the time.

Mahomes working on, and fixing his footwork and going back to fundamentals doesn't really change the situation on the offensive line. I am not sure how healthy Thuney is, but his play seems to be impacted by the LT struggling.

I don't doubt that we will win a lot of games, and make the playoffs, but that's not the goal this year. Hopefully Morris will really step up and claim the LT spot with his play.
It's probably a combination of things. Now if it's week 10 and still looks like this, I'll be a little concerned.
[Reply]
Page 2749 of 2750
« First < 1749224926492699273927452746274727482749 2750 >
Up