Page 274 of 293
« First < 174224264270271272273274 275276277278284 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>BURROWHEAD: Bengals talking a lot of sh1ttttt
NIUhuskies 08:39 AM 01-24-2023
I love that are doing this. Probably not smart to poke the bear
Spoiler!

[Reply]
mr. tegu 08:30 AM 07-12-2024
One win when trailing with 8 minutes to go?! Hahahaha! He’s even less Joe “cool” than even I thought despite me banging that drum for years. It’s embarrassing people think he’s the second best QB.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:37 AM 07-12-2024
Stroud will be the second best QB in less than 2 years
[Reply]
Bowser 08:38 AM 07-12-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
One win when trailing with 8 minutes to go?! Hahahaha! He’s even less Joe “cool” than even I thought despite me banging that drum for years. It’s embarrassing people think he’s the second best QB.
But he's so super accurate!

With Tee Higgins. And Jamarr Chase. And Tyler Boyd. And Hayden Hurst. And Joe Mixon.

Wait, how's the guy not won a ring with that arsenal around him, again??
[Reply]
Bowser 08:40 AM 07-12-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Stroud will be the second best QB in less than 2 years
Yeah, I agree. That kid looked to be the real deal, and he has weapons all over the place. The sophomore slump is real, but there's just a different feel with Stroud.

That's going to be a fun team to watch, and I look forward to their game against KC. If you're a fantasy nerd, get those Texan weapons if you can.
[Reply]
DRM08 08:44 AM 07-12-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
The short answer is yes, PFF hates Pat.

They think the possibility of turnovers is somehow worse than actual turnovers.

**** them and everything they do. And yes, that includes when they say a Chiefs player is good.

Never ask an Irishman for accurate football analysis
One of the best games of Mahomes’ career was the 2022 opening day game against Arizona Cardinals. He had zero turnover worthy plays in that game. It was such a blowout the Chiefs were up 30+ points in the 4th quarter and the Cardinals had zero turnovers, which means the Chiefs offense earned every yard and every point. 44 points scored (and let their foot off the gas in 4th quarter) with zero help on the turnover side of it.

PFF somehow graded Mahomes as barely starter level (70/100) in that 2022 Cardinals game, which is one of the dumbest stats I have ever seen. ESPN QBR was 95/100 and traditional passer rating was 144/158.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/boxscore/_/gameId/401437653
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:51 AM 07-12-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
One of the best games of Mahomes’ career was the 2022 opening day game against Arizona Cardinals. He had zero turnover worthy plays in that game. It was such a blowout the Chiefs were up 30+ points in the 4th quarter and the Cardinals had zero turnovers, which means the Chiefs offense earned every yard and every point. 44 points scored (and let their foot off the gas in 4th quarter) with zero help on the turnover side of it.

PFF somehow graded Mahomes as barely starter level (70/100) in that 2022 Cardinals game, which is one of the dumbest stats I have ever seen. ESPN QBR was 95/100 and traditional passer rating was 144/158.

And there you have it
[Reply]
RedinTexas 09:18 AM 07-12-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Burrow’s success against the Chiefs (3-1 record with every game decided by exactly 3 points) has been largely built on his defense doing the best job at stopping Mahomes in the clutch, similar to how Bill Belichick’s defense used to thwart Manning’s Colts in 2003-04.
I love this part. We hear about that 3-1 record against the Chiefs on a constant basis. It's thrown at us as proof that Burrow and the Bengals are better, but it is no such thing. The regular season is just the regular season and 2 of those games are regular season. The playoffs are where all the chips are in the pot and in that realm the record is 1-1.

Then we should address the idea that the "proof is in the pudding." This is very appropriate here because the bottom line for any sport is championships. Every owner, every coach, every player, and every fan wants the championship. Anything less than the championship is some level of failure. Burrow has 0 championships. Mahomes has 3 championships. There is your "pudding," and there is your proof.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:37 AM 07-12-2024
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:

Why isn't Patrick up there? Does PFF hate him?
Wonder if it’s because he’s played only 50% of games since then?
[Reply]
Chargem 09:42 AM 07-12-2024

PFF tries to isolate individual performance though, even though they do it badly, and points are a team stat. I can't remember that game, but if Pat was just throwing to wide open guys all day, PFF would not give him a high rating.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:46 AM 07-12-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
This is really good. Here is part of the section on Burrow.
What’s crazy is that he’s not even in Tier 2. They have him in Tier 3 despite what PFF thinks. They do a great job laying out why they feel as such and as you posted, there’s a valid reason for it over weird PFF numbers.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:46 AM 07-12-2024

I knew PFF is bad for certain things (offensive line?) but that is just trash. No need to ever quote that site again.
[Reply]
wazu 10:12 AM 07-12-2024
Originally Posted by Chargem:
PFF tries to isolate individual performance though, even though they do it badly, and points are a team stat. I can't remember that game, but if Pat was just throwing to wide open guys all day, PFF would not give him a high rating.
Yep, last thing a good QB would do is throw to somebody that's open. NO POINTS AWARDED!
[Reply]
alanm 10:24 AM 07-12-2024
Originally Posted by Seanathon:
You know, I really can't tell you what I'd do because it hasn't happened. We're tied at 1-1 against each other when it mattered in the AFC Championship. We've won two rings during the time period he's been in the league and he's missed 2 seasons. I guess those things are similar?

A better idea would be shutting the f*** up on a Chiefs forum? You can blow Burrow's 3rd place dong on your own forum.
I like that opposing fans come on here to post. Keeps the place more lively. I don't want this place to turn into a black hole of opinion like the Orange Mange who didn't tolerate outside criticism of their team and would run you off.
[Reply]
wazu 10:28 AM 07-12-2024
Originally Posted by alanm:
I like that opposing fans come on here to post. Keeps the place more lively. I don't want this place to turn into a black hole of opinion like the Orange Mange who didn't tolerate outside criticism of their team and would run you off.
Couldn't agree more. Rival fans make the place more fun. Many seem to just want an echo chamber, though.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 10:30 AM 07-12-2024
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:

Why isn't Patrick up there? Does PFF hate him?
Congrats on your achievement.

You should throw a parade....
[Reply]
Page 274 of 293
« First < 174224264270271272273274 275276277278284 > Last »
Up