ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 82
« First < 172324252627 282930313777 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tourist(s) missing in submarine while trying to reach the Titannic
Ming the Merciless 10:45 AM 06-19-2023
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/u-s-coa...-sub-1.6446841

Originally Posted by :
A search and rescue operation is currently underway to locate a submarine that went missing during an expedition to the Titanic.
The U.S. Coast Guard was looking for the submarine Monday morning after it disappeared during the expedition from St. John's, N.L. The infamous 1912 wreck is located more than 600 kilometres southeast of the province in the North Atlantic Ocean.
The trip to the Titanic was being run by OceanGate Expeditions, a U.S.-based company. It uses a five-person submersible named Titan to reach the wreckage 3,800 metres below the surface. OceanGate's website advertises a seven-night voyage to the Titanic for US$250,000 per person, or approximately CA$330,000.
"We are exploring and mobilizing all options to bring the crew back safely," an OceanGate spokesperson said in an email to CTV News. "Our entire focus is on the crewmembers in the submersible and their families."

Those tours are a series of five eight-day missions to the Titanic with the money raised by tourists going towards Titanic research. Posts on social media show the ship launched from the St. John's area last week.

Did they really have 5 people in this?? Or do they have a larger version??

[Reply]
Mecca 01:45 PM 06-21-2023
Man all these billionaires are great with libertarian principles until their submarine dies 13k feet down then they expect all those services they don't wanna pay for to save them.
[Reply]
Rams Fan 01:45 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Yeah, it kind of takes away from my post when you quickly edited "three" to "a few".

****er...
I couldn't remember if this was the third time they were going or if they'd already gone three times, hence the edit.
[Reply]
TLO 01:56 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Man all these billionaires are great with libertarian principles until their submarine dies 13k feet down then they expect all those services they don't wanna pay for to save them.
I thought I was in the RIP Gangsta Boon thread and was sincerely confused by this.
[Reply]
lcarus 02:01 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
Meanwhile the occupants get tossed around like shoes in a dryer, covered in puke and shit while waiting days to slowly suffocate in the darkness.
I really tried to hold in my laughter but I just couldn't do it. God damn it.
[Reply]
kstater 02:05 PM 06-21-2023
Ope

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:07 PM 06-21-2023
The families should have to pay back everything that was spent to try and rescue them.
[Reply]
lcarus 02:07 PM 06-21-2023
Maybe in 100 years we can charge people 250 million dollars to go down and see the wreckage of the OceanGate Titan.
[Reply]
Kiimo 02:09 PM 06-21-2023
The water temperature is apparently 34 degrees down there. So add that to the misery
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 02:13 PM 06-21-2023
The same lack of regulations that made them rich also built them a watery grave lol.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:13 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
The water temperature is apparently 34 degrees down there. So add that to the misery
Go ahead and that to this post.

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
Meanwhile the occupants get tossed around like shoes in a dryer, covered in puke and shit while waiting days to slowly suffocate in the darkness.
Tossed around in your own shit, vomit and piss in total darkness at the bottom of the ocean while freezing your frickin' nads off.
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:15 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
The same lack of regulations that made them rich also built them a watery grave lol.
Come on, keep the politics out of this.
[Reply]
lcarus 02:18 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by PunkinDrublic:
They were well aware of the risks of going 2.5 miles under the Atlantic Ocean in a carbon fiber and titanium trash can with an Xbox controller.
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:20 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by lcarus:
They were well aware of the risks of going 2.5 miles under the Atlantic Ocean in a carbon fiber and titanium trash can with an Xbox controller.
"They knew what they were getting into! I say, let em crash!"
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:23 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I couldn't remember if this was the third time they were going or if they'd already gone three times, hence the edit.
New motto: 3.5 successful voyages to date.
[Reply]
SupDock 02:27 PM 06-21-2023

[Reply]
Page 27 of 82
« First < 172324252627 282930313777 > Last »
Up