ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 41
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hollywood Brown [needs surgery - going to IR]
Dante84 08:23 PM 08-10-2024

Hollywood Brown has the same injury that Tyreek Hill suffered in Jacksonville back in 2019, Andy Reid said. He’s at the hospital being checked out.

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) August 11, 2024

Story from the 2019 Tyreek injury: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...nt-dislocation

Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown, who suffered a dislocation of his sternoclavicular shoulder joint Saturday night, was discharged from a Jacksonville-area hospital this morning and now has been cleared to return to Kansas City.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 11, 2024

#Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown is expected to miss four to six weeks with the sternoclavicular injury he suffered, per multiple sources. Opening night is three weeks from this Thursday night.

KC opens up at home vs Baltimore and then Cincinnati. pic.twitter.com/0lUx5mDfUP

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) August 13, 2024

The latest:

Sources: The #Chiefs are placing WR Marquise "Hollywood" Brown on IR, and he will undergo surgery to repair his dislocated SC joint. After multiple imaging studies, it was determined that, although Hollywood felt better, his injury was not healing correctly. Without corrective… pic.twitter.com/xtRRMvmseq

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) September 13, 2024

[Reply]
Marcellus 10:05 AM 09-13-2024
JFC of course KCC is going to go full retard in this thread.
[Reply]
DenverChief 10:05 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
Mods, can we get a thread title update please?
I don't understand why we can't have a new thread with the new information...unless we update the OP too someone has to scroll pages back thru pointless comments to find the news. This megathread shit is incredibly annoying and LAZY
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:05 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by tk13:
Yeah but given how most teams have looked the first week of the season it's not really a ringing endorsement for sitting out the preseason. It's a pretty sloppy product. We'll get there anyway because we're going to 18 games with 2 preseason games so no one is going to play in the preseason, but it's a wildly overblown argument.

You're basically just making the first two weeks of the actual season the preseason, except guys are now playing full games at full blast with no warm up and practice in a real game situation. I'm not at all convinced that's a better way to avoid injury but if there's data to back that idea up I'd definitely listen to it.
I’m willing to take a lesser performance for a week or two over the risk of losing an important player all season and most coaches have reached that point too in the way they handle these games.

In the end I’m not convinced there will be any preseason games at all in 5 years beyond maybe 1 or 2 (and simply for the fringe guys on the roster).

Nobody wants to play their top guys in these meaningless games any longer.
[Reply]
Old Dog 10:06 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
The risk far outweighs the actual value for anybody worth anything to this team.
I'd ask that you stick to a topic that you know about, but I legitimately can't think of what the hell that would be.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:07 AM 09-13-2024
No worries Hollywood, just come back healthy when you can! Chief's season doesn't start until the playoffs anyway.
[Reply]
Womble 10:07 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
I know you're kidding, but he supposedly did have a good camp. Maybe he steps up.
He had 32 snaps in preseason and had no targets.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:08 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
I'd ask that you stick to a topic that you know about, but I legitimately can't think of what the hell that would be.
So all the NFL coaches that bench their notable starters for the entire preseason don’t know what they are talking about too, eh?
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 10:08 AM 09-13-2024
"breaking" news. heh heh
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:08 AM 09-13-2024
Well that sucks. This is probably a huge hit to their offensive plans and it definitely lowers our offensive ceiling.
[Reply]
TLO 10:08 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
I don't understand why we can't have a new thread with the new information...unless we update the OP too someone has to scroll pages back thru pointless comments to find the news. This megathread shit is incredibly annoying and LAZY
This place loves its mega threads.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:09 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Son of a crack whore!
[Reply]
New World Order 10:10 AM 09-13-2024
I see why our medical staff got an F grade last year
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 10:10 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
So all the NFL coaches that bench their notable starters for the entire preseason don’t know what they are talking about to?
Does that mean Andy doesn't know what he's talking about?
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 10:11 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
This will fast track Worthy's development. Get Brown back for the stretch run to get back into rhythm then kill mother****ers in the playoffs. Then extend him on the cheap because his injury kills his market.
Better be cheaper than the $3.5M guaranteed this season......
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 10:11 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
I see why our medical staff got an F grade last year
Yeah, seems like they should have caught the non-union earlier.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 41
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up