ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 32
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Hopkins to Chiefs
Pooch 04:50 AM Today
Let’s go

It’s happening: Titans and Chiefs are working to finalize a trade that would send WR DeAndre Hopkins to Kansas City, league sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/aEeKEgI2D8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 23, 2024

Sources: #Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins is being traded to the #Chiefs in exchange for a 5th rounder that can get to a fourth rounder. Deal is being finalized.

A key veteran who could be the final piece, Hopkins name has been hot in the trade market. Now, he lands with the champs. pic.twitter.com/GRvRbUwux6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
Warpaint69 10:22 AM Today
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Another bit of good news is, this buys us another week to evaluate further. I feel like we were really up against the gun this week with Juju out.

If a week goes by and it's clear Juju isn't progressing quickly, and more teams get comfortable with selling and lower their asking prices, and another week of remaining '24 comp falls off the books, perhaps we dip back in and grab a Demarcus Robinson or someone else.
What needs further evaluation? Juju was their only other possession type guy after Rice, but his body lets him down, Skyy is awful, Justin Watson is at his best as a role player, Worthy isn't quite ready in the grand scheme, but still gets open, Hardman is a gadget player, and the practice squad guys do cardio in practice. Not much has really changed as the injuries have piled up, the bottom of the WR room is still the bottom.
[Reply]
Holladay 10:22 AM Today
Every player would give their left nut to come play for us. That is assuming they are pretty set for life as too money.

THEY WANT A DAMN RING!!
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:22 AM Today
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I thought he was a one year deal?
He is, but I don't see any way he isn't back on another deal, even if just one year. He learned our offense, does he really wanna go anywhere else on a one-year deal?

He'd have to absolutely crush it in the playoffs to get something long term.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:23 AM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Luther Burden, Travis Hunter, and that guy that's like 7' from Arizona might not be MHJ, but they're great fucking prospects in their own right.

I disagree and I think 🤔 TD mostly about the QB position, because that's all people care about when they're judging the top of a class.
McMillan.

I think the top of the class is pretty ordinary. If you took Harrison or Nabers out of last year's class, I think you'd have something pretty similar to the top 3-5 in this year's class. But I think there's a more substantial fall off the top of the class than in years past.

Gimme Egbuka!
[Reply]
Molitoth 10:23 AM Today
Dhop >>>>>>>>>> Amari Cooper

Good job Vurt Beech.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:25 AM Today
It's just as silly as judging a class by the very top. Who cares if there's no franchise QB other than the 3-4 teams at the top that really need one?

My point was that both narratives are silly and have no actual impact on the Chiefs.
I don't think most do that either, though.

I think, for the most part, you get 2 'grades' on a draft class.

How strong it is through the first round (i.e. how many 'true first rounders' are there? 15? 18? 22? This year's looking more like 15) and then how strong is it through the first two days (i.e. roughly the top 100).

And I think both are reasonable ways to view a draft. And oftentimes a super strong top of the class can inflate the entire strength of the first round because you'll see guys who or 'normal' top 10 picks end up sliding down to 15ish due to the high end top of the class. Which then pushes the middle down, etc... and the next thing you know you're sitting at 24 and there are 'true first round talents' sitting there still.

That just seems pretty unlikely this season because A) the top of the class isn't super strong and B) the depth of the first round talent isn't very good.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:28 AM Today
Luther Burden, Travis Hunter, and that guy that's like 7' from Arizona might not be MHJ, but they're great ****ing prospects in their own right.

I disagree and I think it's mostly about the QB position, because that's all people care about when they're judging the top of a class.
Yeah I agree with you. It’s always about the QB class for some reason. People always look forward to.

“Arch Manning and Ryan Williams will make the 2026 class legendary!”

I see this shit all the time on Twitter already. People just look forward. And even if it’s not a great class so what? 2013 was god awful and we got Kelce. 2023 was not looked at as a good WR class and we got Rice.

Always good talent there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by Warpaint69:
What needs further evaluation? Juju was their only other possession type guy after Rice, but his body lets him down, Skyy is awful, Justin Watson is at his best as a role player, Worthy isn't quite ready in the grand scheme, but still gets open, Hardman is a gadget player, and the practice squad guys do cardio in practice. Not much has really changed as the injuries have piled up, the bottom of the WR room is still the bottom.
Yeah - not sure there's a lot more evaluation needed.

By this point last season, we saw Rice getting better week over week and were dumbfounded by why Reid wasn't getting him more involved in the offense.

With Worthy, we're a little annoyed by him getting missed on a couple makeable shot plays, but mostly we're seeing about what we thought we might. He's probably not gonna break out this season.

He'll contribute but nobody thinks he's gonna do what Rice did last year (right?). And without a #1 or even a guy who could play like a #1 for long stretches, we're left with assembling a similar room to the 2022 team. You look for niche guys that can fill roles.

We didn't have a possession guy. We needed one. Now we have one. We have a deep guy.

We still don't have an intermediate guy like Hollywood. I'd like to get that done and Johnson/Slayton appear to be the best bets there.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:30 AM Today
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Dhop >>>>>>>>>> Amari Cooper

Good job Vurt Beech.
Hopkins is regarded as having the best/most reliable hands in the league.

That cannot be said of Cooper.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Can they please just send L'Jarius back?

I don't mean for football reasons - I just feel so bad for the guy. He was a great player, great teammate and just fantastic dude. Really good story and everything you'd want to see happen to guys in this league.

And he had to play for that shit-house franchise to get paid? Poor dude. He absolutely, unquestionably deserved to get paid. I just hate that he had to go to that hellscape to make it happen.
I'm glad he did get a pay day. He's lucky he was able to play all of last year, because imagine what happens with him if he didn't have the year he had last year.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:33 AM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Hopkins is regarded as having the best/most reliable hands in the league.

That cannot be said of Cooper.
Oh no question - he has great hands. As good as we've seen since Larry Fitzgerald.

But even on highlight tapes, he's not creating separation. He's finding soft spots in the zone, making really nice body control catches and/or taking advantage of broken coverage.

And again - he can get production doing nothing BUT that.

I'd still like someone like Slayton who can simply create some space for himself. Those are guys you have to keep an eye on in man and if nothing else can create a little more room for the bigger guys like Kelce/Hop to find some space or, more critically, make life a little easier for Worthy.

It would just be such a nice addition.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:34 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't think most do that either, though.

I think, for the most part, you get 2 'grades' on a draft class.

How strong it is through the first round (i.e. how many 'true first rounders' are there? 15? 18? 22? This year's looking more like 15) and then how strong is it through the first two days (i.e. roughly the top 100).

And I think both are reasonable ways to view a draft. And oftentimes a super strong top of the class can inflate the entire strength of the first round because you'll see guys who or 'normal' top 10 picks end up sliding down to 15ish due to the high end top of the class. Which then pushes the middle down, etc... and the next thing you know you're sitting at 24 and there are 'true first round talents' sitting there still.

That just seems pretty unlikely this season because A) the top of the class isn't super strong and B) the depth of the first round talent isn't very good.
The pocket of players around the end of the 1st this year don't look much different from last year's though. That's my point, and I don't think it will be all that much different on day 2 either. We don't need to pretend the Chiefs can't find talent with those day 2 picks in order to justify trading one of them :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:40 AM Today

The deal is now done. The #Titans will pay about half of Hopkins' salary.

It may take some time, because Hopkins will have to sign a new contract with the #Titans -- then he'll be traded to the #Chiefs. https://t.co/hor9cd6obh

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
suzzer99 10:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Do they have a LT that they could throw in?
I hear Taylor Lewan is available.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:46 AM Today

Biggest question is how does Mahomes work with a WR who creates more subtle separation at the catch point Vs during the route.

Haven’t seen that kinda pairing in KC. It’s a lot more timing and ball placement driven.

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
Page 27 of 32
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Up