ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 32
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM Yesterday
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
Mecca 12:04 PM Today
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Then they had a bad plan. Brown has always had problems staying healthy.
I mean what else were they supposed to do?

Calvin Ridley is literally one of the highest paid WR's in the league now, they could have just not signed a WR I guess.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:04 PM Today
I can't argue that, but for him to be lost for the season on the very first play of the preseason? That's a freak occurrence and really shitty luck.

I'm with Superturtle - get Hardman on the field and get him up to speed on the routes they were going to use Hollywood for.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 12:05 PM Today
If that was the plan then fine. But you can't turn around and say the whole offense is ****ed because he got hurt. He's a role player. He was always going to be a role player. Him being out is not the cause of these issues.
I see him as more than that. It cuts the cliff sized drop off from kelce/rice to the next option. It stretches the field just enough for kelce and rice to have more space to operate. Tucking worthy into the mecole role early would have been a great way to get two role players in instead of 1.

I don’t think it’s a matter of Hollywood being the answer. Worthy is the answer but we needed (and probably still need) time to bring him along
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:06 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I mean what else were they supposed to do?

Calvin Ridley is literally one of the highest paid WR's in the league now, they could have just not signed a WR I guess.
They could have signed someone that wasn't so injury prone. But that's not really my point. My point is that Brown isn't some magic bullet. He was never going to be. This season was always going to look a lot like last year.
[Reply]
KCJake 12:07 PM Today
I think it's going to be very similar to seasons past. The offense will get going towards the end of the year. Worthy will become more familiar, and things will start clicking. Kelce will have gotten rid of the beer belly. Will be fine.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:08 PM Today
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
That's nice but Reid delegates to Nagy a lot more early in the season.
The OC has always been the scape goat. It was this way even when Nagy was in Chicago.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345323
[Reply]
O.city 12:09 PM Today
They could have signed someone that wasn't so injury prone. But that's not really my point. My point is that Brown isn't some magic bullet. He was never going to be. This season was always going to look a lot like last year.
It's the same at LT.

Everyone want's it "fixed" quick and effectively.

Well, those fixes usually cost a whole lot, or get drafted super early.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:11 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's the same at LT.

Yep.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:13 PM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's the same at LT.

I think we can all agree the "fix" shouldn't have been getting the rookie fucking destroyed operating on an island then benching him. That was fucking stupid.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:15 PM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
The OC has always been the scape goat. It was this way even when Nagy was in Chicago.

https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=345323
Yeah, so?

As fans it is hard to decipher who is doing what.

Reid is the real OC but he's older now and is delegating more in season.

And Nagy is just below mediocre.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:16 PM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
I think we can all agree the "fix" shouldn't have been getting the rookie fucking destroyed operating on an island then benching him. That was fucking stupid.
Getting destroyed by a top 5 DE in the league, to boot.

I was encouraged by his comments after that game, though. Definitely haven't given up hope on Kingsley.
[Reply]
O.city 12:16 PM Today
I think we can all agree the "fix" shouldn't have been getting the rookie ****ing destroyed operating on an island then benching him. That was ****ing stupid.
They shoulda kept playing him.

But I'd imagine if they're doing it this way, they have a reason for it.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:16 PM Today
I wanted to add more in FA but I loved the Hollywood signing.

Wanted to add one more guy like a Noah Brown and I also called for a better RB to be added as Pacheco insurance.
[Reply]
RunKC 12:17 PM Today
Parrot that narrative all you want as well, Nagy is deeply involved in preparations week to week. I've yet to see anything to point to his influence being a positive one, and a whole bunch of shit to suggest it's negative.
Same thing with Bieniemy. Notice how he left and looked the same as Nagy did in Chicago, which looks like what our offense was under Alex Smith.

Again. All roads lead back to Andy
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:19 PM Today
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Yeah, so?

As fans it is hard to decipher who is doing what.

Reid is the real OC but he's older now and is delegating more in season.

And Nagy is just below mediocre.
I'm at the point of giving up on it. There are a multitude of metrics where this offense has slid significantly since Nagy took over as OC. He was an abject failure in Chicago that learned next to nothing since the same flaws are becoming more and more apparent here.

Just gotta wait for him and the organization to mutually agree to move on at this point.
[Reply]
Page 27 of 32
« First < 172324252627 28293031 > Last »
Up