ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 27 of 44
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Kingsley Suamataia Thread*****
Dante84 07:20 PM 04-26-2024
More to come!

Man!!!! I love Andy Reid. The @Chiefs and Andy Reid are offensive line savants. Kingsley Suamataia has big time potential. I think he he can be awesome guard or tackle. Just needs a little technique work. He is an aggressive killer who is great athlete.

— Chris Simms (@CSimmsQB) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia is a versatile offensive tackle who split his 1,300 career snaps at BYU almost exactly down the middle between left and right tackle.

My favorite line from Dane Brugler's draft guide: "He delivers more pancakes than Denny's" ��

— Matt McMullen (@KCChiefs_Matt) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Suamataia since 2022:

701 pass-blocking snaps
24 QB pressures allowed
2 sacks allowed

�� pic.twitter.com/HeiIwC2jKl

— PFF KC Chiefs (@PFF_Chiefs) April 27, 2024

.@Chiefs @BYUfootball #KingsleySuamataia lots to like; lots to work with. #GoCougs have been turning out OLineman over past 4 years. #BaldysBreakdowns pic.twitter.com/4yDc6HYI6i

— Brian Baldinger (@BaldyNFL) April 27, 2024

Kingsley Sumataia | OT | BYU

Traitsy OT w/ great size+athleticism+strengt. Easy range in the run game to pull or climb to landmarks or hit set points in slide. Patient hand usage to stay square and trust his lateral agility. Pad level & overall technique should develop in NFL. pic.twitter.com/p9zOJEuMkr

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) March 26, 2024

The @Chiefs just selected Kingsley Suamataia, who is 6'5" and 326 lbs and can do this ⬇️

��: #NFLDraft on NFL Network/ESPN2/ABC
��: Stream on #NFLPlus pic.twitter.com/fUOTn55Ba0

— NFL (@NFL) April 27, 2024

[Reply]
Megatron96 01:28 PM 08-12-2024
He looked decent in the short time he was out there. I mean, it's not like we need a great LT this season. We just need average-to-above average from him, for now. Yeah, he's going to have some bad reps, even a bad game or three, but as long as he trends positively I think he'll be "good enough."
[Reply]
BossChief 01:32 PM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I'm assuming he'll want an extension after year 3 if he plays up to his potential, and they'll obviously give it to him. So, was just thinking 3 years of truly dirt cheap play before we have to pony up some dough.
We will get 4 cheap years. Any extension after year 3 will tack on years, not overwrite that 4th year. Depending on structure, we might dven get 5 cheap years.
[Reply]
srvy 01:43 PM 08-12-2024
It's not like the bar has been set that high, but you know damn well there will be people calling for Smith by halftime of the first game thread. It's just how it goes around here.

The fact is they have finally pulled of the band-aid, and the only way to solidify this position is to let the kid play. Hopefully, most people understand that. I'm going to trust Andy to make sure he's covered the first games and they aren't putting him in situations to get Mahomes killed. We've won games with freaking Cam Erving at LT, so I think we should survive with this kid, even early on.
I wont Smith looked finished at tail end of last year. That position is the 2nd hardest position on offense maybe 2nd hardest in all of football. I think thoughthat is a CB now with the rules favoring offense. But back to OT I could see if its close with Wanya and Kingsley Andy starts the season with the more experienced guy. We see little clips by reporters at training camp. How he is actually grading out we have no idea. What we see seems promising. I think to many people formed a judgement on Wanya on a game with a fired up Raider team new head coach and a top 3 defensive line that was inspired.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 01:45 PM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:
We will get 4 cheap years. Any extension after year 3 will tack on years, not overwrite that 4th year. Depending on structure, we might dven get 5 cheap years.
I'm talking in terms of straight cash. Even if it's not hitting the cap right away, by that time you're probably looking at a minimum of $175 million over 5 years, if not more, including a massive signing bonus. It will hinder our ability to spend money elsewhere. I know Veach has always said Clark doesn't limit his spending, but I think he limits himself to an extent, and I'm sure there's a soft number Clark doesn't like exceeding in a given offseason.

Any way you slice it, he's dirt cheap for a long time, and that is lovely.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 01:55 PM 08-12-2024
I'm talking in terms of straight cash. Even if it's not hitting the cap right away, by that time you're probably looking at a minimum of $175 million over 5 years, if not more, including a massive signing bonus. It will hinder our ability to spend money elsewhere. I know Veach has always said Clark doesn't limit his spending, but I think he limits himself to an extent, and I'm sure there's a soft number Clark doesn't like exceeding in a given offseason.

Any way you slice it, he's dirt cheap for a long time, and that is lovely.
I think by the time he gets expensive, if he is good, he will get one more contract here. And you rebuild the inside of your OLine with cheaper rookies, as Creed and Smith's possible extensions roll off.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:04 PM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
He moves way better than Wanya.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 03:27 PM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Wanya is a future guard.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:51 PM 08-12-2024
This guy being good at all is huge news because Morris was not the answer there. Significant upgrade at LT vs what we had last year is likely.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 03:57 PM 08-12-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Looking good Billie Ray…
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:23 PM 08-12-2024
He has everything but experience. That, to me, is exactly where you want to be. With our coaches and Pat, he's going to have all the opportunities in the world to put his plus body and plus brains to work.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 06:26 AM 08-13-2024
I'm assuming he'll want an extension after year 3 if he plays up to his potential, and they'll obviously give it to him. So, was just thinking 3 years of truly dirt cheap play before we have to pony up some dough.
Three years of truly dirt cheap play at one of the highest paid positions on the field. It doesn't get much better than that.
[Reply]
O.city 06:57 AM 08-13-2024
He'll have some bumps but he's athletic. Should be fine.

Good place to be. Just play him thru the struggles, give him some help etc.
[Reply]
RunKC 06:59 AM 08-13-2024
If this guy works then everything changes. Decent LT for 7-10 years is so valuable
[Reply]
VAChief 08:52 AM 08-13-2024
Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod:
Wanya is a future guard.
Hopefully, because our backups suck right now.
[Reply]
wazu 10:32 AM 08-13-2024
Well this is pretty awesome.

Chiefs rookie left tackle Kingsley Suamataia seemed content with his first preseason performance.

He noted that in going against one of the best pass rushers in the league in Josh Hines-Allen and holding his own, he already has the sense that he belongs here in the NFL. pic.twitter.com/zPfxNamy9W

— Pete Sweeney (@pgsween) August 13, 2024

[Reply]
Page 27 of 44
« First < 172324252627 2829303137 > Last »
Up