ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 262 of 299
« First < 162212252258259260261262 263264265266272 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:59 AM 01-18-2023
What a game, and I'm so glad I got to be there. The Nowell to Key game winner oop made my pee pee tingle. Love this team and I absolutely love me some Tang! Go Cats!!!

:-):-):-):-):-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 10:05 AM 01-18-2023
Great Game!
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 10:25 AM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
You gotta be old enough to remember those were worn in the heyday of Jack Hartman the Big 8. Back to back conference champs and had back to back Big 8 POY.

Lon Kruger.
From 73-83 they went 22-11 vs KU
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:26 AM 01-18-2023
Congrats
[Reply]
notorious 10:27 AM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
Back when Jesus walked the Earth and Moses parted the waters. :-)
[Reply]
Dante84 10:30 AM 01-18-2023
Fun year so far, unbelievable job Tang has done. I'm sure KU will put it down on us in Lawrence.

I'm legitimately worried he may pull a Huggins on us (1-and-done) and head back down to Texas after the season. Perhaps he goes the Scott Drew route and builds up our program for the next few decades - who knows.

What has me most excited is that this doesn't seem to be a flash in the pan sort of deal; we're a legitimately a good team, comprised entirely of cast-offs and transfer portal gets. We have 3(!!!) 4-star recruits set to join the team as freshmen next year, and have a few offers out to 5-star dudes in the next class.

This is the shit we could have never dreamed of during the decade of bitch-boy Bruce.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:33 AM 01-18-2023
Pootie Tang 2 Emawboogaloo
[Reply]
Raiderhater 11:22 AM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Fun year so far, unbelievable job Tang has done. I'm sure KU will put it down on us in Lawrence.

I'm legitimately worried he may pull a Huggins on us (1-and-done) and head back down to Texas after the season. Perhaps he goes the Scott Drew route and builds up our program for the next few decades - who knows.

What has me most excited is that this doesn't seem to be a flash in the pan sort of deal; we're a legitimately a good team, comprised entirely of cast-offs and transfer portal gets. We have 3(!!!) 4-star recruits set to join the team as freshmen next year, and have a few offers out to 5-star dudes in the next class.

This is the shit we could have never dreamed of during the decade of bitch-boy Bruce.
I was just telling someone this morning that K-State had better have a BIG contract extension offered to him with in a week’s time. Don’t wait for the end of the season, do it NOW.

It seems a little out of character for a guy who has passed on being a HC up until now because he didn’t want just any opportunity, he was content where he was until the right opportunity came along. But when Texas comes calling, pulling up in a Brinks truck, all bets are likely off.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:28 AM 01-18-2023
In the KU BB thread, you talked about your first trip to Allen FH. Mine was 1975. Chuckie Williams, Mike Evans, Carl Gerlach, Daryl Winston

vs

Rick Suttle, Danny Knight, Norm Cook, Roger Morningstar.

Owens was running the old double post.

Early on, Chuckie was up high (all alone) for a defensive rebound, took his eye off it, lost it OOB. The crowd went crazy. Cause CW was a bad ass player.

KU scored the next 20 points and routed KSU 91-50.

Great days as a kid.
[Reply]
WilliamTheIrish 11:30 AM 01-18-2023
If he stays, great.

If he goes, thank him and wish him well. All you can do. The guy is a helluva coach and great guy by all public accounts.
[Reply]
Prison Bitch 02:00 PM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
In the KU BB thread, you talked about your first trip to Allen FH. Mine was 1975. Chuckie Williams, Mike Evans, Carl Gerlach, Daryl Winston

vs

Rick Suttle, Danny Knight, Norm Cook, Roger Morningstar.

Owens was running the old double post.

Early on, Chuckie was up high (all alone) for a defensive rebound, took his eye off it, lost it OOB. The crowd went crazy. Cause CW was a bad ass player.

KU scored the next 20 points and routed KSU 91-50.

Great days as a kid.
Ted Owens lost his last 9 to KSU/Mizzou, then publicly complained to the media when he got fired. Lulz

Cotton Fitzsimmons coached at KSU then 20 years in the nba. He was coaching the Kings when I went to a few games at Kemper

Larry Brown lost to KSU and Mizzou a number of times in his 5 years at KU including twice in 1988. Kietzman points not to his hiring but to the Elite 8 game as the turning point in the programs and I can’t disagree
[Reply]
CatinKS 02:38 PM 01-18-2023
Ted Owens lost his last 9 to KSU/Mizzou, then publicly complained to the media when he got fired. Lulz
Ted Owens was my favorite KU coach. Attended the KU- KSU game in Ahearn. If you recall, they pulled up rope's temporary for players, coaches crossing the indoor track from the locker room. My college roommate and myself waited as KU players went by. Ted was bringing up the rear, and my roommate yells "Hey Ted" Ted got this weird look like do I know you, and then proceeded to come over and shake my roommate's hand. We laughed our butts off. Cats won 70-53. KU went 4-10 in the conference. Ted was a nice guy but seem like the world spun a little too fast for him.
[Reply]
poolboy 02:46 PM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by Dante84:

I just cant see Tang wanting to go to Austin...it just doesnt really fit his personality as much as Kstate
[Reply]
Dante84 03:49 PM 01-18-2023
Originally Posted by poolboy:
I just cant see Tang wanting to go to Austin...it just doesnt really fit his personality as much as Kstate
Man I hope that's the case. With that said, Austin is just an hour from where he spent the last 20 years of his life (Waco), and more generally, its in Texas where's he's been forever. More money, resources, exposure, talent AND get paid a shit ton to be closer to home? It's gotta be an attractive destination for him.

The other thing to factor in is he seems to be all-in on K-State so far, and even his daughter is enrolled there now. Not saying that can't change, but it's a variable to factor in.

Outside of Scott Drew stepping down at Baylor, the UT job is the one most worrisome for him to bail.

Either way, we can't control it so you've just gotta hope Mean Gene gets a significant raise/extension done for him, and probably Klieman, too.

Beyond that, we should also toss some money at Gene, too... he nailed both of his coaching hires in the past couple years.
[Reply]
poolboy 03:58 PM 01-18-2023
Texas is a tough crowd as a coach..He can be an big fish influencer in Manhattan and spread his "word"...In Austin, maybe not so much
[Reply]
Page 262 of 299
« First < 162212252258259260261262 263264265266272 > Last »
Up