ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 199
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:42 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Super disappointed in this trade but if we wind up with three legit WRs and save cap that's not as bad as it sounds. Its better than having tyreek take up all the attention. I think Hardman can step up now that he's the primary speed guy. Juju is an obvious upgrade and if we bring in a legit WR like Lockett or Landry we are actually in a good spot. I wouldn't call that a rebuild. Mahomes still has plenty of weapons and plenty of opportunity to land a good wr to round us out.
Hill draws so much attention.

When you take him out everyone gets worse.

Hardman is a fun gadget player. That's it.

JuJu is a complimentary WR without an alpha in front of him.

That's what we need to find...it's possible but not easy at all.
[Reply]
Reroka 11:43 AM 03-23-2022
Let's hope this turns into some really good players.
[Reply]
Archie Bunker 11:43 AM 03-23-2022

The argument for trading Tyreek Hill is the same as when the Royals dealt Zack Greinke in 2010: you're losing a Hall of Famer, but he didn't want to stay, you get a bunch of future talent, and you can re-deploy the money elsewhere. We can only hope this trade works just as well.

— Rany Jazayerli (@jazayerli) March 23, 2022

Similar to my thoughts only the Royals didn’t really have a Mahomes or close to existing talent.
[Reply]
rtmike 11:43 AM 03-23-2022
Not too surprising the way defenses now play Mahomes trying to take the deep ball away.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:44 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
That's what we need to find...it's possible but not easy at all.
You keep saying this, but recent history says its as easy as its ever been.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 11:44 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Justin Jefferson participated in the entire Vikings offseason program and went on to play in all 16 games, starting 14.

I have no problems with a 1st round WR. It's Jameson Williams specifically that makes zero sense.

We just traded Tyreek ****ing Hill. He only have 2 WR's with NFL experience under contract.

Taking Williams so that he can redshirt would be a colossal mistake.
Jameson tore his ACL in early January. Why are you talking about a redshirt year? Im not married to Jameson but he is the most explosive receiver in the draft with traits similar to Tyreek. We will see what direction they go.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 11:44 AM 03-23-2022
Man i cant help but feel that had we known he wanted out a little sooner we may have got a little more.
[Reply]
R8RFAN 11:44 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
Sad to say you are smarter than many Chiefs fans.

I'm watching idiots completely melt down right now and say they are done with the Chiefs... lol
Welp, thats what free agency gets you and unless you are great at picking gems out of trash piles consistently , there will be no more dynasties in the NFL. The Raiders have been horrible at it especially on defense over the years and the result is 20 years of suckage.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 11:45 AM 03-23-2022
I wonder if our FO looked at hill as being detrimental to Mahomes development
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:46 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Names then.

Since this is easy.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 11:47 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by BleedingRed:
I wonder if our FO looked at hill as being detrimental to Mahomes development
I'm sure they saw his financial demands as detrimental to the entire team, including Mahomes.
[Reply]
mkp785 11:47 AM 03-23-2022
Flores was a fantastic coach...Miami had no business winning as many games as they did. I bet the Phins will be under .500 next season. Veach got the better deal. If the Jets weren't giving up their firsts then Miami was the smart play.

We also got like 3 more picks than we would've with NYJ as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:48 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yep. WR is getting deeper and deeper every year. There's just so many spread offenses in college so they're churning out WR's like crazy.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:48 AM 03-23-2022
I expected a bit higher 1st rounder but this has been something on my mind for sure. It's hard to give a WR that kind of money no matter how talented. The Chiefs have an opportunity.

29 and 62 can likely get the Chiefs to 18 and they'd still have 30 and 50. They can be mobile to get a guy and still be ok.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:48 AM 03-23-2022

Tyreek can't hang with taller DBs.

Gonna miss him for sure but he had several tipped balls in his hands that gifted the DB a interception and that goes on Pats stats.

I wanna say fuck Tyreek Hill but I'll always love him for helping us win a Championship and made us a feared offense. Well ~ Bye
[Reply]
Page 26 of 199
« First < 162223242526 272829303676126 > Last »
Up