ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 41
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Hollywood Brown [needs surgery - going to IR]
Dante84 08:23 PM 08-10-2024

Hollywood Brown has the same injury that Tyreek Hill suffered in Jacksonville back in 2019, Andy Reid said. He’s at the hospital being checked out.

— Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) August 11, 2024

Story from the 2019 Tyreek injury: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/...nt-dislocation

Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown, who suffered a dislocation of his sternoclavicular shoulder joint Saturday night, was discharged from a Jacksonville-area hospital this morning and now has been cleared to return to Kansas City.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) August 11, 2024

#Chiefs WR Marquise “Hollywood” Brown is expected to miss four to six weeks with the sternoclavicular injury he suffered, per multiple sources. Opening night is three weeks from this Thursday night.

KC opens up at home vs Baltimore and then Cincinnati. pic.twitter.com/0lUx5mDfUP

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) August 13, 2024

The latest:

Sources: The #Chiefs are placing WR Marquise "Hollywood" Brown on IR, and he will undergo surgery to repair his dislocated SC joint. After multiple imaging studies, it was determined that, although Hollywood felt better, his injury was not healing correctly. Without corrective… pic.twitter.com/xtRRMvmseq

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) September 13, 2024

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:57 AM 09-13-2024
We are 1 WR away from going down from having Skyy Moore take meaningful snaps
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:57 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I think Andy should follow the same logic he applies in week 17 to the preseason, yes.

And most coaches in the league are already trending this way about their attitudes toward the preseason. Eventually it will happen for everyone.
And those teams come out looking sloppy.
[Reply]
wazu 09:58 AM 09-13-2024
The risk far outweighs the actual value for anybody worth anything to this team.

Do you think Mahomes was gonna look any different in week 1 if he didn’t get his 2-3 drives Andy seems compelled to give him in the preseason?
I think the people around Mahomes will look different if they get live game action playing with Mahomes.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:59 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Name all the starters we've lost in the Andy Reid era due to a preseason injury. I think I'll trust his judgement considering we are always more prepared than other teams to start the season.
Are you arguing that football players don’t get hurt playing football and that playing more football doesn’t lead to more injury risk?

The fact that we’ve been lucky until this point isn’t the argument you think it is.
[Reply]
In58men 09:59 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
This is the way, thanks for posting.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:59 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
We are 1 WR away from going down from having Skyy Moore take meaningful snaps
No we're not. We have one less WR last week and Moore goes from 10 snaps to 12 snaps.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:00 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by wazu:
I think the people around Mahomes will look different if they get live game action playing with Mahomes.
On two or three drives? Whatever minor value they’re obtaining from that is not even close to worth that risk.

Mahomes has no business playing a single snap in preseason or week 17 (if we are clinched).
[Reply]
tk13 10:00 AM 09-13-2024
I think Andy should follow the same logic he applies in week 17 to the preseason, yes.

And most coaches in the league are already trending this way about their attitudes toward the preseason. Eventually it will happen for everyone.
Yeah but given how most teams have looked the first week of the season it's not really a ringing endorsement for sitting out the preseason. It's a pretty sloppy product. We'll get there anyway because we're going to 18 games with 2 preseason games so no one is going to play in the preseason, but it's a wildly overblown argument.

You're basically just making the first two weeks of the actual season the preseason, except guys are now playing full games at full blast with no warm up and practice in a real game situation. I'm not at all convinced that's a better way to avoid injury but if there's data to back that idea up I'd definitely listen to it.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:01 AM 09-13-2024
And those teams come out looking sloppy.
We came out looking sloppy the last two seasons too. Neither game was even close to peak Chiefs.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:01 AM 09-13-2024
Are you arguing that football players don’t get hurt playing football and that playing more football doesn’t lead to more injury risk?

The fact that we’ve been lucky until this point isn’t the argument you think it is.
We've lost more players to practice than we have preseason games. Should we stop practicing?
[Reply]
KC_Connection 10:03 AM 09-13-2024
We've lost more players to practice than we have preseason games. Should we stop practicing?
You’re equating practice to preseason games against other opponents who are going full speed now at our players?
[Reply]
In58men 10:03 AM 09-13-2024

The Marquise "Hollywood" Brown injury is a long-term one. This will be longer than the minimum four games on IR. https://t.co/1ARwzKd3xl

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) September 13, 2024

[Reply]
Womble 10:03 AM 09-13-2024
No need to panic. We've got Skyy Moore.
[Reply]
wazu 10:04 AM 09-13-2024
Originally Posted by Womble:
No need to panic. We've got Skyy Moore.
I know you're kidding, but he supposedly did have a good camp. Maybe he steps up.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 10:05 AM 09-13-2024
This will fast track Worthy's development. Get Brown back for the stretch run to get back into rhythm then kill motherfuckers in the playoffs. Then extend him on the cheap because his injury kills his market.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 41
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up