ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 30
« First < 162223242526 27282930 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Who should we trade for if Rice is out?
Titty Meat 03:10 PM Yesterday
Discuss...
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 10:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah part of fixing the offense is getting this disaster off the field permanently

Toney's right
[Reply]
kcgreene 10:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
The browns are sellers. I’m sure they’d rather wait til closer to the deadline but this season is looking like a lost cause. After this season they’re screwed. So their choice is to pay Amari to be on their roster for a really bad team or just take the dead money and collect picks.its the Kyler Murray situation on triple steroids. Their focus should be on tanking and stockpiling picks so they can have a team locked and loaded as soon as they’re out of hell. If I’m the browns I spent the next 2-3 years shedding contracts and being singularly focused on paying as much dead money off as quickly as possible.

The bigger question is if Amari would go to a team like the chiefs as a rental.
That 22M is void money. It can be pushed down the road if they extend Cooper. That's probably what they're going to do, because executives don't want to get fired. If Berry burns down the team that he assembled (on the back of the Watson trade), he gets canned. (Berry just got an extension, but if they continue to play like ass, that isn't gonna matter)
[Reply]
louie aguiar 10:33 AM Today
Jahan Dotson has totally bombed with the eagles. I really liked him coming out in the draft but I’m not sure he’s worth acquiring given his disappointing effort with Philly especially since Brown and Smith have both been injured.
[Reply]
O.city 10:33 AM Today
Teams aren't gonna care who they're trading with if they want picks.
[Reply]
VAChief 10:34 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
My vote is Cooper AND Johnson.

Johnson plays like Hollywood was supposed to be utilized here and we had interest in him in the off-season. Cooper plays similarly to Rice.

You rebuild your WR room on the fly with the talent to effectuate the same plan you've had fall apart around you.

And **** 'waiting until the deadline' - pull the trigger as soon as you can get to 'yes'. Give them time to get up to speed.

If a 3rd and 4th in some fashion can get those deals done, I'm down for it for sure. If it means a 3rd for Cooper and a 6th, then a 4th and that 6th for Johnson - neat, done.

But if there's any way to get those guys without using a 1st or 2nd, I'm on board with grabbing BOTH guys. Because I'm not sure only getting one of them even moves the needle a ton for us.
Browns gave up a 5th to Dallas for Cooper, I would start there, but I think he is the closest fit to Rice that might be available. I like Johnson too, and they are both UFA next year, so I would think the price might be more negotiable. Browns might be stupid enough to take Moore off our hands too.

Also, those two are infinitely better than any of FA options.
[Reply]
O.city 10:35 AM Today
Yeah, I'd guess a 5ht and a 6th get it done.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:40 AM Today
Schefter said a name to watch for is Amari Cooper
[Reply]
Mecca 10:41 AM Today
Cleveland has to admit that they are a dumpster fire that is tearing it down, will they do that?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:44 AM Today
Cooper is no Rashee but we need somebody
[Reply]
DRM08 10:44 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Cleveland has to admit that they are a dumpster fire that is tearing it down, will they do that?
3 more losses in a row will do the trick.
[Reply]
dirk digler 10:45 AM Today
I say at least try to get Cooper and hope we can fix his drops issue.

"The #Chiefs should trade for Amari Cooper."

Counterpoint: He leads the NFL in drops through four weeks. pic.twitter.com/OVsWm9bhhg

— Charles Goldman (@goldmctNFL) September 30, 2024

[Reply]
Mecca 10:46 AM Today
Originally Posted by dirk digler:

It's hard for me to care about that, he's been the model of consistency over his career and on top of that he's on a terrible team with a awful QB.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:47 AM Today
Okay I’m a no on Cooper…. We don’t need receivers with more drops. Get Smith Schuster more involved and tell Justyn Ross it’s go time
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:47 AM Today

He's done this a couple times in his career.

And typically it's a season-long issue. He gets the yips. It pretty much ended his Oakland career after he looked to be a legit #1 receiver for a spell.

He starts to fight the football and needs a re-set. Maybe a trade would be what does it.

But there's no 'fixing' the issue, IMO. It's a mental block for him. He has to do it on his own.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 10:48 AM Today

Yikes.

That would go over well after last year.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 30
« First < 162223242526 27282930 >
Up