ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 33
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM Yesterday
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
bobbything 11:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by Raiderhater:
Eliminating stupid play calling inside the 10 would go a long way to this discussion going away.
I feel like, other than 2018, we go through this sh*t every year for the better part of the first half of the season. They tinker and fiddle-f*ck around on offense with a bunch of crap that I'd typically try in a game of Madden. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.

We also have had red zone issues for a while now to start the season. It always seems to get better though.

I think the 2018/2019 seasons are in the rear view mirror. We aren't going to be averaging 35 PPG anymore. That said, I still think we are one of the 2-3 most explosive teams. We can still score really fast when pressed.

By mid-season I think we are looking far more efficient.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:55 AM Today
Andy Reid called me, said the offense was fixed. We good. Mods, close the thread.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s not Nagy either

Parrot that narrative all you want as well, Nagy is deeply involved in preparations week to week. I've yet to see anything to point to his influence being a positive one, and a whole bunch of shit to suggest it's negative.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I gotta side with the squatch here. If they were banking on Brown that much, it wasn't a good plan. The guy is always hurt.
As a 1 year contract it feels like at the very least we just needed him to stay healthy enough to buy time for worthy. Not a bad plan but that obviously got thrown off.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by bobbything:
I feel like, other than 2018, we go through this sh*t every year for the better part of the first half of the season. They tinker and fiddle-fuck around on offense with a bunch of crap that I'd typically try in a game of Madden. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn't.

We also have had red zone issues for a while now to start the season. It always seems to get better though.

I think the 2018/2019 seasons are in the rear view mirror. We aren't going to be averaging 35 PPG anymore. That said, I still think we are one of the 2-3 most explosive teams. We can still score really fast when pressed.

By mid-season I think we are looking far more efficient.
We're in an era now where teams that are really good inside the 5 are teams that can call a QB run and get it, we don't do that.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:56 AM Today
I gotta side with the squatch here. If they were banking on Brown that much, it wasn't a good plan. The guy is always hurt.
I look at it more as the entire offseason offensive install is now down the toilet because of the injury to Brown, and they're adjusting on the fly with players that weren't expecting to play the roles they thought they would.

These coaches haven't forgotten how to scheme, and the players haven't forgotten to execute. They'll be fine.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
You can parrot that all you want, but I've constantly railed on Nagy ever since we brought him back. Because he has already shown himself to fucking suck in Chicago and any contributions he's brought to the offense thus far have been negative ones. He's a nepo hire that only got brought back because Andy Reid is incredible loyal, sometimes to a fault, and he has history with Veach playing back in college.
You might even be right, and I'd be okay with that if it's true. But this goes back to Bienemy, too. Every single time Mahomes struggled, Bienemy was the first to go under the bus.

"Is he calling the plays? What's the percentage of plays he calls? How much of the offense does he control? Is he just a "rah-rah" cheerleader? What exactly does he do as OC? Look at how frustrated Mahomes is coming off the field talking Bienemy, he clearly has no chemistry with him and he's ruining the offense."

And then Nagy steps in last year, we start struggling, and suddenly we're fawning for Bienemy again??

"Man he was so structured and organized. Bienemy always had us prepared. We never had OL penalties with Bienemy, he always harped about the details. Oh look, Bienemy is back in town to breakdown a play with the guys! Look how happy the players are! Wouldn't it be awesome if he came back?"

We seriously do this. Every time. I'm not making this up.

I just take the stance that when Mahomes is clearly struggling, we shouldn't immediately be attacking the OC who has no control over Mahomes ability to throw it to the open man.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:57 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
It’s not Nagy either

That's nice but Reid delegates to Nagy a lot more early in the season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
As a 1 year contract it feels like at the very least we just needed him to stay healthy enough to buy time for worthy. Not a bad plan but that obviously got thrown off.
If that was the plan then fine. But you can't turn around and say the whole offense is fucked because he got hurt. He's a role player. He was always going to be a role player. Him being out is not the cause of these issues.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I look at it more as the entire offseason offensive install is now down the toilet because of the injury to Brown, and they're adjusting on the fly with players that weren't expecting to play the roles they thought they would.

These coaches haven't forgotten how to scheme, and the players haven't forgotten to execute. They'll be fine.
If an oft-injured guy on a 1-year deal was that instrumental to the offense then yeah, they had a bad plan.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 12:00 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
You might even be right, and I'd be okay with that if it's true. But this goes back to Bienemy, too. Every single time Mahomes struggled, Bienemy was the first to go under the bus.

"Is he calling the plays? What's the percentage of plays he calls? How much of the offense does he control? Is he just a "rah-rah" cheerleader? What exactly does he do as OC? Look at how frustrated Mahomes is coming off the field talking Bienemy, he clearly has no chemistry with him and he's ruining the offense."

And then Nagy steps in last year, we start struggling, and suddenly we're fawning for Bienemy again??

"Man he was so structured and organized. Bienemy always had us prepared. We never had OL penalties with Bienemy, he always harped about the details. Oh look, Bienemy is back in town to breakdown a play with the guys! Look how happy the players are! Wouldn't it be awesome if he came back?"

I just take the stance that when Mahomes is clearly struggling, we shouldn't immediately be attacking the OC who has no control over Mahomes ability to throw it to the open man.
Who the fuck is clamoring for Bieniemy back? He can piss up a fucking rope for all I care. Any comparisons made to his time at OC are meant as a damnation to how badly I think Nagy fucking sucks, because a frat bro douchebag that seems to only be good at yelling was still a larger net positive than Nagy has ever been in his time there.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 12:00 PM Today
If that was the plan then fine. But you can't turn around and say the whole offense is ****ed because he got hurt. He's a role player. He was always going to be a role player. Him being out is not the cause of these issues.

Hollywood Brown was going to be a much bigger part of the offense than a "role" player.

Even MVS was more than a role player here in usage and Hollywood is a much better WR.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:01 PM Today
If an oft-injured guy on a 1-year deal was that instrumental to the offense then yeah, they had a bad plan.
When you need players at an extremely expensive position on a modest budget, bad plan is what you get.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Hollywood Brown was going to be a much bigger part of the offense than a "role" player.

Even MVS was more than a role player here in usage and Hollywood is a much better WR.
Then they had a bad plan. Brown has always had problems staying healthy.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
When you need players at an extremely expensive position on a modest budget, bad plan is what you get.
It's the Mahomes effect. When you win multiple Super Bowls with the very definition of "average at best" at receiver, it's one position you feel you can skimp on.
[Reply]
Page 26 of 33
« First < 162223242526 27282930 > Last »
Up