ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 258 of 326
« First < 158208248254255256257258 259260261262268308 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Mecca 09:33 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
The Chiefs basically are a rebuilding at WR team.
Yea and SB contenders generally don't do that.
[Reply]
O.city 09:33 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
I wouldn't say I'm worried per se, but I think most people would point to the WR group as being the team's weakness until proven otherwise.
Unproven, for sure.

A weakness? I dunno. With Mahomes at QB and Andy at HC.....seems like it should work out pretty well. I don't know how we can see it as less than last year and that worked out fine?
[Reply]
O.city 09:35 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Yea and SB contenders generally don't do that.
They rebuilt at OL, were a contender

Rebuilt at WR, were a contender, won a SB.

Rebuilt the secondary, were a contender, won a SB.

I guess I'm not really getting the issue.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:43 AM 07-17-2023
Meh. We'll be fine. MVS and Toney have already proven to be able to step up and ball out when it's their time, and Moore and Rice both will grow into their respective roles.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:45 AM 07-17-2023
They rebuilt at OL, were a contender

Rebuilt at WR, were a contender, won a SB.

Rebuilt the secondary, were a contender, won a SB.

I guess I'm not really getting the issue.
Even those positional rebuilds were generally centered around 1 or 2 guys that were reliable enough to get through.

The rebuilt OL featured Joe Thuney who's probably the best guard in the league and OT's that weren't rookies even if you hated them.

The secondary featured a 1st round pick, a safety room with experience and Sneed.

Last year's WR room had JuJu to at least be a consistent presence for the most part.

I'm not saying the position will sink the team but the biggest thing it lacks are just a consistent presence. MVS has never been that, Toney can't stay on the field so then we are to a bunch of guys that just have never done it.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:46 AM 07-17-2023
Unproven, for sure.

A weakness? I dunno. With Mahomes at QB and Andy at HC.....seems like it should work out pretty well. I don't know how we can see it as less than last year and that worked out fine?
We're not going to fall off a cliff, but it's a very CP thing to be overly optimistic about draft picks.

We need someone who can move chains in critical situations like JuJu could. He wasn't completely healthy last year but you look at some of our close games, the SB, Texans game, Titans, later in the season against the Donks - those were his best games. A critical first down changes the outcome a lot of weeks in the NFL.

We don't really have anyone who can definitely fill that role, and we need to replace ~80 receptions and ~1000 yards. The main concern with the team this year might be how we're going to do that.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:47 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
Meh. We'll be fine. MVS and Toney have already proven to be able to step up and ball out when it's their time, and Moore and Rice both will grow into their respective roles.
MVS is MVS he'll have 1-3 games where he has a big game and then the rest of the games he'll be largely invisible with a catch here and there, that is his entire career.

Toney I'll believe he'll stay healthy when he does, talent is there but he's legit always hurt.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:48 AM 07-17-2023
We're not going to fall off a cliff, but it's a very CP thing to be overly optimistic about draft picks.

We need someone who can move chains in critical situations like JuJu could. He wasn't completely healthy last year but you look at some of our close games, the SB, Texans game, Titans, later in the season against the Donks - those were his best games. A critical first down changes the outcome a lot of weeks in the NFL.

We don't really have anyone who can definitely fill that role, and we need to replace ~80 receptions and ~1000 yards. The main concern with the team this year might be how we're going to do that.
Start praying that Skyy Moore is ready to be a somebody and Richie James is more than a punt returner.
[Reply]
NJChiefsFan 09:49 AM 07-17-2023
That's because usually you don't have nothing but young guys unless you are a rebuilding team.

I'm not worked up because he went somewhere where he doesn't matter.
Agreed. Would have been fun to have him and think about the possibilities but as long as he didn't go to a contender I'm ok with it.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:52 AM 07-17-2023

The combination of Moore and Rice will be more than sufficient in filling that role.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:56 AM 07-17-2023
The combination of Moore and Rice will be more than sufficient in filling that role.
Do we actually believe Rashee Rice is going to see the field very much?
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:56 AM 07-17-2023

WBF
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:57 AM 07-17-2023
Do we actually believe Rashee Rice is going to see the field very much?
Yes?
[Reply]
T-post Tom 09:57 AM 07-17-2023
"Dollar signs." No surprise. At least Nuk will be able to watch the Super Bowl in a well furnished home theater.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:00 AM 07-17-2023
Yes?
Well I hope so...
[Reply]
Page 258 of 326
« First < 158208248254255256257258 259260261262268308 > Last »
Up