ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 257 of 326
« First < 157207247253254255256257 258259260261267307 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Eleazar 08:45 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
But...he is. He is doing it. We have proof. We have a year of proof. He got open the third most of all rookies in the NFL and now he needs snaps.

What are you talking about?
Advanced metrics are fun. Let's see production.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:47 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Everyone wants to draft and develop until they start doing it and there's some uncertainty, then they lose their minds and want to spend $ on old names.

I don't mind spending $ (obviously) but spend it on premium guys. Not over the hill guys.
That's because usually you don't have nothing but young guys unless you are a rebuilding team.

I'm not worked up because he went somewhere where he doesn't matter.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:48 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Razaele:
Advanced metrics are fun. Let's see production.
:-)
[Reply]
Lzen 08:53 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by loochy:
Boo this man! Neg rep this guy into oblivion!
I don't know if that was true or not but I don't think DHop not signing with the Chiefs makes what this guy said false. Maybe the Chiefs did try to sign him. Maybe they threw everything they could at him that didn't include more money. Maybe DHop just wanted the most money he could get while still playing for what he felt was a playoff team. Of course, this will most likely end in disappointment for him. :-)
[Reply]
Skyy God 08:58 AM 07-17-2023
Defector headline: DeAndre Hopkins Willingly Agrees To Catch The Rare Titans Pass
[Reply]
Mecca 09:00 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I don't know if that was true or not but I don't think DHop not signing with the Chiefs makes what this guy said false. Maybe the Chiefs did try to sign him. Maybe they threw everything they could at him that didn't include more money. Maybe DHop just wanted the most money he could get while still playing for what he felt was a playoff team. Of course, this will most likely end in disappointment for him. :-)
He went for the most money, which is honestly what 99% of guys do. He tried to get the Chiefs and Bills to playball and it just didn't happen, at least not at the money he wanted.

But him going to a team that is probably at best 8th in the AFC makes him largely a non factor.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:07 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He went for the most money, which is honestly what 99% of guys do. He tried to get the Chiefs and Bills to playball and it just didn't happen, at least not at the money he wanted.

But him going to a team that is probably at best 8th in the AFC makes him largely a non factor.
Apparently the Titans are considered one of the worst teams in the league of you look at betting odds.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:08 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch:
Apparently the Titans are considered one of the worst teams in the league of you look at betting odds.
Yea and then there's this contingent of people even among ones that cover the NFL saying the Titans are "the most slept on team" it's weird how so many think they are still good.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:20 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Juju and Hardman made alot of plays for this team. Luckily I believe Richie James is actually pretty good. Having to rely on the injury prone Toney scares the shit outta me.

Didn't Hardman miss over half the season? :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:22 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Didn't Hardman miss over half the season? :-)
Yup. Like 8 games and basicly all of the playoffs.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:25 AM 07-17-2023
He caught ~20 balls last year, and he has more fumbles lost than touchdowns.

I hope the guy works out, but I think we can pump the brakes on all that.
He took awhile to get learn to play NFL WR in Reid's system. But to use the fumbles stats against him is a little dishonest considering those weren't even when he was playing WR. :-)
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 09:27 AM 07-17-2023
Why are we still posting in this thread? Close it and lock it until we revisit it in two years when this turd fizzles out of the league after winning exactly 0 playoff games in Tennessee. Then we can all talk about what a useless shithead he is.
[Reply]
O.city 09:30 AM 07-17-2023
Yeah, I'm not saying these guys are bad, but I think we have a list of guys you'd think of more as slot receivers and role players behind someone else.

We're missing the guy who could be the 1/2 punch with Kelce, a Kupp-type reliable first down WR, or someone like a Brown, Jefferson, Diggs, etc who can create problems in a lot of different ways at all levels of the defense.

If Toney can stay healthy then maybe we've got a pretty good group, but he's been hurt for the majority of his 3 seasons in the league, I don't know how you can count on that.
With the high paid profile guys we have on the OL, QB, DL etc they've gotta get cheap draft pick production somewhere.

Seems Andy has been able to do it thru his career at WR so it doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
[Reply]
O.city 09:31 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
That's because usually you don't have nothing but young guys unless you are a rebuilding team.

I'm not worked up because he went somewhere where he doesn't matter.
The Chiefs basically are a rebuilding at WR team.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:32 AM 07-17-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
With the high paid profile guys we have on the OL, QB, DL etc they've gotta get cheap draft pick production somewhere.

Seems Andy has been able to do it thru his career at WR so it doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
I wouldn't say I'm worried per se, but I think most people would point to the WR group as being the team's weakness until proven otherwise.
[Reply]
Page 257 of 326
« First < 157207247253254255256257 258259260261267307 > Last »
Up