ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 26
« First < 152122232425 26 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hurricane Milton is a CAT 5 and Coming for Florida
Otter 03:35 AM 10-08-2024
Don't start being shy now mods to update and links...

Blow by Blow

On the Ground

https://www.youtube.com/live/NLhxcyz...zEXFzc7SMzsByZ

[Reply]
Garcia Bronco 07:34 AM Today
Originally Posted by 4th and Long:
It's actually climate related weather but, hey, don't let the science get in the way, bub.
I'd be shocked if you could name the sciences and put them in order. It's the science..lol.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:40 AM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
2004 and 2005 there were several major hurricanes that threatened and/or impacted the state of Florida.

Dennis, Frances, Jean, Ivan, Katrina, Wilma... and I am sure there were others.

Also Andrew hit as a Cat 5... in 1992.

Storms like Milton are bad enough that the additional "unprecedented" hyperbole is unnecessary... and historically inaccurate.
I know, right?

Every damn storm I have to listen to “this” storm was worse than “that” storm. I don’t understand those conversations.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 07:45 AM Today
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
Why can't you turn a generator on before 7?
You can. There’s nothing wrong with it.

Not sure why he’s making a fuss over it.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:50 AM Today
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
You can. There’s nothing wrong with it.

Not sure why he’s making a fuss over it.
I'm sure you technically can - but they are loud and disruptive. I'm guessing most only turn them on overnight if absolutely necessary.
[Reply]
KingPriest2 07:54 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I'm sure you technically can - but they are loud and disruptive. I'm guessing most only turn them on overnight if absolutely necessary.
It’s expected when everyone loses power I guarentee that people will be running them tonite
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 07:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by KingPriest2:
It’s expected when everyone loses power I guarentee thst noreceill becrunning tonite

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:02 AM Today
So far the reports from neighbors is no surge or rain flooding. Downed power lines and trees but no obvious damage to roofs or houses. So if all that flying debris didn’t hit your house, you may be okay.

I live on an island. There are two bridges off and into the island. they had downed power lines laying across the road keeping people from getting to their homes. So a guy gets out of his car, picks up the power lines and moves them to the side of the road. Only in Florida.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:05 AM Today
Hearing from the sources on the ground it was kinda a weak ass storm
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 08:06 AM Today
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I know, right?

Every damn storm I have to listen to “this” storm was worse than “that” storm. I don’t understand those conversations.
It's usually said by media types trying to hype up the latest storm for self-serving reasons.

And having personally experienced the impacts of Hurricane Andrew... that is a high precedent threshold to surpass.

[Reply]
AndChiefs 08:06 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
If power goes out here and you walk outside I can hear at least a half dozen whole house generators going 24/7. Didn’t realize people turned them off unless they’re limited on fuel.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:07 AM Today
Right?

The hype in the weather channel or news is disgusting... Just give it to me straight.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:08 AM Today
Originally Posted by AndChiefs:
If power goes out here and you walk outside I can hear at least a half dozen whole house generators going 24/7. Didn’t realize people turned them off unless they’re limited on fuel.
Also this,

In Texas we run those things all day and only turn off for like 4-6 hours in maybe middle of night.
[Reply]
kepp 08:23 AM Today
So far the reports from neighbors is no surge or rain flooding. Downed power lines and trees but no obvious damage to roofs or houses. So if all that flying debris didn’t hit your house, you may be okay.

I live on an island. There are two bridges off and into the island. they had downed power lines laying across the road keeping people from getting to their homes. So a guy gets out of his car, picks up the power lines and moves them to the side of the road. Only in Florida.
:-):-)
[Reply]
Otter 08:46 AM Today

Hopefully he was standing in at least 5 inches of salt water to improve conductivity when he conducting this heroic feat.

If you're going to make the Darwin awards do it right. :-)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:52 AM Today
Originally Posted by Otter:
Hopefully he was standing in at least 5 inches of salt water to improve conductivity when he conducting this heroic feat.

If you're going to make the Darwin awards do it right. :-)
there is a good reason "a Florida man" is a meme.

Today, a Florida man died when he was moving an electrical wire from the road.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 26
« First < 152122232425 26 >
Up