ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 44
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kareem Hunt [signed to the practice squad]
wazu 01:43 PM 09-16-2024

With RB Isiah Pacheco expected to be sideliend 6-8 weeks, the Chiefs are bringing their former RB Kareem Hunt back to Kansas City for a Tuesday visit, per league sources. Hunt could help fill the Chiefs’ running back void. pic.twitter.com/nDzNGlrcuH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
TinyEvel 02:40 PM 09-17-2024
I remain skeptical.

His YPC declined steadily through the years. Though, he did score 9 TDs in 2023.
[Reply]
Frazod 02:42 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I thought defensive & offensive players are allowed to share a number? Maybe that is a college rule instead of NFL.
I just checked the current roster. There are a couple of shared numbers, but not among active players.

But who knows? I certainly wouldn't have an issue with it.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 02:53 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
I remain skeptical.

His YPC declined steadily through the years. Though, he did score 9 TDs in 2023.
Yeah it's pretty safe to say he's washed.

But bringing back Kareem is a meme and memes are fun.
[Reply]
Monticore 02:54 PM 09-17-2024
I remain skeptical.

Playing stacked. Boxes with shitty QBs getting limited touches
[Reply]
Monticore 02:56 PM 09-17-2024
Just never seemed to get tackled by the first guy and rarely any negative plays .
[Reply]
Frazod 02:56 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Yeah it's pretty safe to say he's washed.

But bringing back Kareem is a meme and memes are fun.
Oh come on. Can we at least see him get a couple of carries before we declare him done?
[Reply]
Mecca 02:56 PM 09-17-2024
I don't think washed is the proper word, I think he still has a use, he just doesn't have the type of explosion he once had. He was a top 5 RB at 1 point, he isn't that anymore.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:57 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I’m taking a flyer on one of these backs.

Which cream rises to the top? Steele, Perine or Hunt?
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think it will be Perine.

Because I think the Chiefs prefer him in the passing game, they prefer to pass and they'd prefer to not let personnel telegraph the plays.

So Perine will be the naturally bet to get more of the plays between the 20s and if he has gas left in the tank (I think he does) he'll get the first crack at really getting a grip on the job.

Hunt would represent the highest ceiling but I think Perine's versatility will give him the first crack and I think he'll be able to run with it.

Thanks again, Denver!
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Perine's small usage so far makes me question how much of the playbook he knows at this point.

I doubt they lean on a rookie, they're probably just going to pass more.
Agree with all of this, which is why for fantasy purposes I think I'm gonna steer clear even though I wanna jump in feet first.

CEH can come back W5, and that leaves him as the guy they probably trust the most. But a.) will he come back and b.) does someone just flat out take the job in the next two weeks?

Based on what I saw in Denver last year, you'd have to think it's Perine but they've barely used him, to Mecca's point.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:07 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Agree with all of this, which is why for fantasy purposes I think I'm gonna steer clear even though I wanna jump in feet first.

CEH can come back W5, and that leaves him as the guy they probably trust the most. But a.) will he come back and b.) does someone just flat out take the job in the next two weeks?

Based on what I saw in Denver last year, you'd have to think it's Perine but they've barely used him, to Mecca's point.
Hunt almost certainly isn't going to play this week. Or be extremely extremely limited.

That being the case, if they had any belief at all that MEH is coming back, they'd make due in week 4 and have him back for week 5.

He's done.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:10 PM 09-17-2024
LOVE IT. Welcome home Kareem!
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:12 PM 09-17-2024
I remain skeptical.

I was able to locate some advanced stats at this site (https://www.playerprofiler.com/nfl/kareem-hunt/) that indicate he faced the fourth-highest percentage of heavy boxes of any RB in 2023 and had the highest carry rate against stacked boxes in the league. He was 32nd and 21st in 2022. Both of those years were massive jumps from 2021.

I think his usage and the team around him dictate some of the drop in efficiency the past couple of years.

If he's still got some burst, he'll get off the practice squad while we wait for Pacheco. If he doesn't, oh well. He's done.

But I can see some reason to believe he might NOT be washed.
[Reply]
scho63 03:13 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
If he can bring even 70% of what he was in the Chiefs passing game…

Benny Hill theme song playing in my head watching that! :-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:18 PM 09-17-2024
Here is his highlights from last year against the 49ers. Looks good to me.

[Reply]
TribalElder 03:19 PM 09-17-2024
He probably at Q39 RIGHT NOW

Feasting

welcome back Kareem
[Reply]
BuckeyeTheDog 03:23 PM 09-17-2024
I LOVED this guy’s game back in the day!

I really, really hope he is not a brokedick.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 44
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up