ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 48
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Leo Chenal Thread*****
Dante84 09:23 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Leo Chenal was drafted with pick 103 of round 3 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.99 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 3 out of 2419 LB from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/unnXwkfpiT #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/YdwWEkOnmR

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 30, 2022

The moment our newest LB got the call he was joining the Chiefs 📲 @chenal_leo pic.twitter.com/2q3fLOFoPA

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 4, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:02 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
It's a fair point - I'd like to see more position-specific grades. I think your example fails a little, because the scores are so similar that the height and weight make a HUGE impact.
Are the scores really that similar?

I mean a full 10th on the 40 and the 20 yard split. 5 Hundredths isn't nothing on a 10 yard split by any stretch. A couple inches on the vert, 3 inches on hte broad, another 10th on the shuttle and 3-cone times.

I mean those are fairly significant differences in the real world.

And the combined effect of them paints a picture of one guy being a fairly obviously better athlete. Straight line, burst, lateral agility, 'explosion' measured by the leaping scores - across the board 'normal guy' wins by figures that are relatively robust.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 04:28 PM 05-05-2022
RAS doesn’t account for how much of that weight is just extra dick fat. Worthless metric. Jones’s skewed horribly.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 04:29 PM 05-05-2022
Love this pick.

Give me guys who love to play football & love to hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:36 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Are the scores really that similar?

I mean a full 10th on the 40 and the 20 yard split. 5 Hundredths isn't nothing on a 10 yard split by any stretch. A couple inches on the vert, 3 inches on hte broad, another 10th on the shuttle and 3-cone times.

I mean those are fairly significant differences in the real world.

And the combined effect of them paints a picture of one guy being a fairly obviously better athlete. Straight line, burst, lateral agility, 'explosion' measured by the leaping scores - across the board 'normal guy' wins by figures that are relatively robust.
I guess I'm seeing it from the point of f=ma. if force equals mass x acceleration, then the size of the player should be as important as the speed. Otherwise, we're ignoring the difference in mass as a crucial element to the effectiveness of that athleticism in a game predicated on two bodies running into each other.

however, your point about height being more of a needle-mover than weight is still valid, at least in certain positions.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:38 PM 05-05-2022
I WAS TOLD THERE WOULD BE NO MATH
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 05-05-2022, 05:00 PM
This message has been deleted by Perineum Ripper.
Perineum Ripper 05:02 PM 05-05-2022

[Reply]
Rasputin 06:18 PM 05-05-2022
I can't even pick a favorite draft pick player because they all seem like they are going kick ass for us and most starting right away. All of them seam to have a mind set lets fuck people up and move on to the next game. I'm down with that.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 07:12 PM 05-05-2022
From Bob McGinn:

Originally Posted by :
6. LEO CHENAL, Wisconsin (6-2 ½, 249, 4.62, 3): Two-year starter declared a year early. “If he’s in an old classic 3-4, thump-the-crap-out-of-them scheme, he’ll be fine,” one scout said. “I don’t know about the coverage and the range stuff. He needs to be playing downhill. He’s big and thick. All that muscle is manufactured. It does affect him when he’s going backwards. I think fourth round is his sweet spot.” Executed punishing, well-timed blitzes beautifully in 2021 when he notched eight of his 12 sacks. “Team MVP,” another scout said. “They said he played in the 260s during the season. Tested well. Very competitive. Plays with a high motor. Shows heavy hands to shock and slip blocks. Strong wrap (tackler) and can deliver a blow. Really effective as a blitzer either coming from depth at linebacker or when he’d mug up in an ’A’ gap. Has coverage concerns in zones. Sucked up on play-action. Lack of ball production in coverage (two passes defensed). More of a starting two-down, old-school Mike. He brings blitz ability, but I’d have to see more development in coverage to play on third down. Third or fourth round. I don’t want to say these guys are dinosaurs per se but …” Finished with 181 tackles (26 ½ for loss). “Struggles to change directions in coverage,” a third scout said. “Struggled flipping his hips. I wouldn’t want him in man. He’s right on the fringe of being a starter, but I do think he is.” Posted the highest Wonderlic (34) of the top 30 linebackers. “He could do some things on third down,” a fourth scout said. “But I don’t think he’ll be the guy calling the defense.” From Grantsburg, Wis.

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:19 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I can't wait for Leo and Karlaftis to end Russell Wilson and Tom Brady career put them both in retirement. Teams are going have their hands full with those too not to mention Bolton and Gay but I don't see them blitzing a lot but I think Leo sure will. Spags has got to be thinking sachems with Leo in mind. I bet he has wet dreams of plays with Leo sacking the quarterback or destroying a play.
I sure hope you are right. But our LBs are only as good as the DL plays keeping things clean so our boys can make plays.:-)
[Reply]
Dante84 08:23 PM 05-05-2022

So... Leo Chenal. pic.twitter.com/MDzm9xqxwV

— Seth Keysor (@RealMNchiefsfan) May 5, 2022

[Reply]
TambaBerry 08:49 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I don't care what these scouts or analyst say. The dude just threw the top interior lineman in the draft to the side like it was nothing.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:57 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
I don't care what these scouts or analyst say. The dude just threw the top interior lineman in the draft to the side like it was nothing.
He didn't throw him he shed him. There is a big difference. I get what you are saying though which shows his strength to not only do this but also keeping his eyes in the backfield to always know where the ball is to attack. Not everyone can do this.
[Reply]
Rasputin 11:41 PM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
I sure hope you are right. But our LBs are only as good as the DL plays keeping things clean so our boys can make plays.:-)

That was the one possession I wanted most, well after best pass rusher available they are hard to get. I hope Bono Vinal has a plan to bring in a DT that can get the job done. I love all the draft picks just wish we had one more pick for a big boy to play DT.
[Reply]
JPH83 03:17 AM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
That was the one possession I wanted most, well after best pass rusher available they are hard to get. I hope Bono Vinal has a plan to bring in a DT that can get the job done. I love all the draft picks just wish we had one more pick for a big boy to play DT.
In all honesty I was after a coverage LB if anything. That's the gap we have and I think where the value is at LB. BUT I still like the pick. If we get creative with how we blitz him and if he can develop into anything of a pass rusher at all, even if his coverage is useless he'll be a big help
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 08:41 AM 05-06-2022
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan:
Mike Rose was the Big 12 defensive POY in 2020. He was a preseason 1st team All American on pretty much every media outlet but played through serious injuries the entire year in 2021. He played inside backer early and transitioned over to more of a coverage linebacker the latter part of his college career. He may not play with the downhill reckless abandon of Chenal but the kid is a fricken player. Please don't even compare him to Niemann. Rose is a helluva lot better player. I promise you both Hawkeye and Cyclone fans in here will agree on that.
You're right, Niemann will probably be a better NFL linebacker with his coverage skills...
[Reply]
Page 25 of 48
« First < 152122232425 2627282935 > Last »
Up