ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 82
« First < 152122232425 262728293575 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tourist(s) missing in submarine while trying to reach the Titannic
Ming the Merciless 10:45 AM 06-19-2023
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/u-s-coa...-sub-1.6446841

Originally Posted by :
A search and rescue operation is currently underway to locate a submarine that went missing during an expedition to the Titanic.
The U.S. Coast Guard was looking for the submarine Monday morning after it disappeared during the expedition from St. John's, N.L. The infamous 1912 wreck is located more than 600 kilometres southeast of the province in the North Atlantic Ocean.
The trip to the Titanic was being run by OceanGate Expeditions, a U.S.-based company. It uses a five-person submersible named Titan to reach the wreckage 3,800 metres below the surface. OceanGate's website advertises a seven-night voyage to the Titanic for US$250,000 per person, or approximately CA$330,000.
"We are exploring and mobilizing all options to bring the crew back safely," an OceanGate spokesperson said in an email to CTV News. "Our entire focus is on the crewmembers in the submersible and their families."

Those tours are a series of five eight-day missions to the Titanic with the money raised by tourists going towards Titanic research. Posts on social media show the ship launched from the St. John's area last week.

Did they really have 5 people in this?? Or do they have a larger version??

[Reply]
Dartgod 01:04 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I may be missing a few, but in this thread we've developed theories of death by...

Crushed by ocean pressure
Asphyxiated in the deep sea
Asphyxiated on the surface
Bends
Murder
Hypothermia in the deep sea
Overheating on the surface
I'll throw in suicide if a person can sharpen a game controller into a blade.

What else do we have? Was there a tiger in the sub? Does it having spinning mixer blades that periodically sweep through the passenger cabin?

I hope these guys get out somehow, but if they do, they should never ever take any kind of risk again. They will have used up all of their luck.
Under water hurricane. A Chiefsplanet original.
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:05 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
Under water hurricane. A Chiefsplanet original.
Exploded in mid depth
[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:06 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by neech:
Let's say there is only one person in it, how much oxygen is in there to sustain them. The oxygen tank has to be showing E by now I would think.
For 5 people, they have enough air until Thursday
[Reply]
kstater 01:09 PM 06-21-2023
Heard on radio this morning, even if they can get to it, they don't have a way to raise it. It doesn't have any hook points. Because of the fiberglass construction. That's why when they launch it , they push it down a slide off the boat.

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Dartgod 01:11 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:
Apparently they have redundant systems to bring the craft to the surface, but no beacon, no radio, no dye pack, no flares, no buoys, no seat belts, and no way to open the hatch from the inside. The craft is white so it blends right into the sea. If they are on the surface, they are pretty much relying on a rescuer making visual contact. Meanwhile the occupants get tossed around like shoes in a dryer, covered in puke and shit while waiting days to slowly suffocate in the darkness.

What a ****ed up way to die.
Originally Posted by kstater:
Heard on radio this morning, even if they can get to it, they don't have a way to raise it. It doesn't have any hook points. Because of the fiberglass construction. That's why when they launch it , they push it down a slide off the boat.

A lot of forethought went in to the design of this thing.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:11 PM 06-21-2023

Can you imagine how desperate you have to be for an adventure to actually pay to get into this death trap? It boggles the mind
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:12 PM 06-21-2023

Any Midwestern knows that's what ratchet straps are for
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:15 PM 06-21-2023

Hook point or no - what's gonna manipulate the hook into place? Again - there are maybe a couple of crafts in the world that can get that deep AND have anything that can actually clutch/grab an object.

If it's not on the surface or maybe mid-water, there's just nothing that can be done.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 01:16 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
A lot of forethought went in to the design of this thing.
The word "hubris" comes to mind.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 01:20 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Still not enough time to bring them up. If they aren't dead now, they will be dying in that sub.

Unfortunate but their choice. I'm sure any one of us could have helped them find a better way spending a quarter of a million dollars though.

Dumdums didn't know they could see the exact same thing on youtube for free with 100% less risk.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 01:25 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Assuming normal breathing cycles and that their math is correct of course.

Considering how panicked they must be, that oxygen must be depleting faster than their formulas suggest.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:30 PM 06-21-2023
I'm finding it hard to give a shit about a bunch of rich idiots at the bottom of the ocean.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:31 PM 06-21-2023
Man these fools could have just given me 250k a piece for nothing but they'd still be alive...maybe.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 01:31 PM 06-21-2023
I may have missed it - had this sub successfully made the trip down to the Titanic & back up again prior to this trip?
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:33 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I'm finding it hard to give a shit about a bunch of rich idiots at the bottom of the ocean.
C'mon man. The titanic had quite the storyline.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 82
« First < 152122232425 262728293575 > Last »
Up