ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 25 of 33
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM Yesterday
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:28 AM Today
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Didn’t Nagy leave for the Bears after Alex’s last season?
Yes and since his return to KC last year, he's brought back shades of that Alex Smiff offense with an over reliance on underneath passes/quick screens.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by seamonster:
You can't compare Mclaurin to Rashee Rice...Mclaurin ran a 4.3 and can and has taken the top off defenses for years. Rashee Rice is a second year player that wants to play the line of scrimmage and be a pure X receiver. Two different roles (although Mclaurin can be physical and has run the dig routes,etc for shitty QB's).
McLaurin is 29 - he's not running a 4.35 anymore and hasn't for a few years now.

They're very similar players right now.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:30 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
1/3 go routes and 20% crossers is fine.

That doesn't mean he's an 'unreliable deep threat' - that's a fine use of a guy with his speed.

You just have to be willing to look for him and hit him with the pass when it's there.

To this point we just haven't. And ultimately that's more on Pat than it is Worthy. And if you want to say it's on Reid somehow, I guess you can say that Reid's unwillingness to provide help to the LT has sped Mahomes up a bit.

But the issue isn't the WRs. We have guys in Worthy, Hardman and even Watson that absolutely have the juice to provide viable downfield weapons. And again, if Terry McLaurin can get deep balls, Rashee Rice damn sure can.

Execution has been a bigger problem than personnel. By a LOT.
I don’t think unreliable is the right word. I would say… raw, inconsistent, but I know he will get there. But also that worthy can only execute what Reid is comfortable delivering. And mahomes is in his own head with trust issues so while id like to see him trust again it also feels like too soon too fast could be dangerous too. Worthy has had moments of electricity but early on he’s also gonna have moments where we’re forcing things or we’re more prone to mistakes. With mahomes in his own head I’m reluctant to say that the solution is to force it to a guy he doesn’t trust yet. I could go either way on that but I think we have to use a grain of salt that when we say he’s flying open, it doesn’t necessarily mean he’s dependable just yet
[Reply]
Mecca 11:32 AM Today
It certainly seems like since the defense got better and after last year his weapons basically fucking him over...if it's close he doesn't pull the trigger and just goes safe.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:35 AM Today
Right. He wasn't as open as he looks when the safety breaks on Rice, but before Mahomes triggers, Worthy has the inside leverage on him and can run into space.

Mahomes never looked at it because he never looked left to notice that the far side safety came down. He got fooled by the disguised look and never looked back to confirm when the ball was snapped. He assumed the other safety was still over the top.

I take it as a pre snap decision for sure. It seems we’ve had quite a bit of these lately which could also be why he’s got some bad throws into coverage and INTs where he’s not looking for the best play and instead just doing what he thinks should be there. Perhaps due to not trusting the pocket.
[Reply]
Marcellus 11:35 AM Today
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If you pause the video right before Mahomes starts his throwing motion, you can see this pretty clearly.
The issue is that play is 100% designed for Rice who is read #1 and he was open so he took that out the gate.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:40 AM Today
Ah shit guys, our GOAT QB is in a slump with his mechanics — something that happens on almost an annual basis — and the team is 3-0 while we know he’s gonna come out of it cause he always does.

WTF are they ever gonna do!
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Ah shit guys, our GOAT QB is in a slump with his mechanics — something that happens on almost an annual basis — and the team is 3-0 while we know he’s gonna come out of it cause he always does.
What if he doesn't? /BWillie
[Reply]
RunKC 11:45 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It certainly seems like since the defense got better and after last year his weapons basically ****ing him over...if it's close he doesn't pull the trigger and just goes safe.
DJ mentioned this many times before and I agree with him. Phase 1 of the Mahomes era is done and we are in the process of moving to phase 2.

The offense was incredibly stacked with great players in 2018. Fisher, Schwartz, Sammy, Tyreek, Kelce. Even Conley and Robinson were nice depth players.

Rice has been an A+ pick but it’s still a process. I think a major part of the offense slowing down the last 2 years is Kelce declining. Not hard to see that he was the spark plug for the offense. It was pretty obvious in the playoffs last year.

It’s a transition, but the Patriots were famous for doing this every year. The first month was preseason for them. They worked problems out in September and then kicked ass from October on.

We’ll see the offense get better as the season goes on
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:47 AM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

WTF are they ever gonna do!
Blame the OC. Like we always do. Every time.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:50 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Blame the OC. Like we always do. Every time.
You can parrot that all you want, but I've constantly railed on Nagy ever since we brought him back. Because he has already shown himself to fucking suck in Chicago and any contributions he's brought to the offense thus far have been negative ones. He's a nepo hire that only got brought back because Andy Reid is incredible loyal, sometimes to a fault, and he has history with Veach playing back in college.
[Reply]
seamonster 11:50 AM Today
McLaurin is 29 - he's not running a 4.35 anymore and hasn't for a few years now.

They're very similar players right now.
He's younger than Tyreek and has a faster 40 than Jaleen Wadle. On his first catch he stacked their fastest defensive back and split the other defender. On his game clinching touchdown he flat out burned their other corner in man. That's not Rashee's role (theoretically that should be Brown and Worthies).
[Reply]
RunKC 11:51 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
You can parrot that all you want, but I've constantly railed on Nagy ever since we brought him back. Because he has already shown himself to ****ing suck in Chicago and any contributions he's brought to the offense thus far have been negative ones. He's a nepo hire that only got brought back because Andy Reid is incredible loyal, sometimes to a fault, and he has history with Veach playing back in college.
It’s not Nagy either

Always remember who has 51% of the vote on what the Chiefs offense does, and it's not Eric Bieniemy or Patrick Mahomes.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) September 25, 2022

[Reply]
Mecca 11:52 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
DJ mentioned this many times before and I agree with him. Phase 1 of the Mahomes era is done and we are in the process of moving to phase 2.

The offense was incredibly stacked with great players in 2018. Fisher, Schwartz, Sammy, Tyreek, Kelce. Even Conley and Robinson were nice depth players.

Rice has been an A+ pick but it’s still a process. I think a major part of the offense slowing down the last 2 years is Kelce declining. Not hard to see that he was the spark plug for the offense. It was pretty obvious in the playoffs last year.

It’s a transition, but the Patriots were famous for doing this every year. The first month was preseason for them. They worked problems out in September and then kicked ass from October on.

We’ll see the offense get better as the season goes on
I expect it to get better, I do think we all underestimated how big of a loss Hollywood Brown was though.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:53 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I expect it to get better, I do think we all underestimated how big of a loss Hollywood Brown was though.
I gotta side with the squatch here. If they were banking on Brown that much, it wasn't a good plan. The guy is always hurt.
[Reply]
Page 25 of 33
« First < 152122232425 26272829 > Last »
Up