« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
Mecca 09:53 AM 10-30-2023
Wearing #24 at WR is why he sucks just admit it, it's a poor decision and looks stupid.
[Reply]
Balto 09:56 AM 10-30-2023
Originally Posted by JPH83:
I was one of them. In college his YAC was very good, excellent hands and he seemed to get good, quick separation. What I was wrong about was...everything. He can't shake guys without a lot of time and movement, he's more affected by press than I imagined, he can't track the ball which seems an entirely new thing and a regression, and he is far less dynamic after the catch. He's a bust.
Which is strange because coming out of college he was a plus in press coverage and it was said to be his strongest ability.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:59 AM 10-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Wearing #24 at WR is why he sucks just admit it, it's a poor decision and looks stupid.
The curse of William "Burnt Toast" Bartee strikes again.
[Reply]
Balto 10:08 AM 10-30-2023
Honestly I think the issue is volume. At Western Michigan he was the man and his WR coach is on record saying his main goal was to get Moore drafted in the 1st or 2nd round.

If you look back at his college games he has these type of misses through out his last year of college BUT with the volume he got with multiple 10+ catch games he made it right.

Unless Skyy changes his name too Travis Kelce I don't see Mahomes ever giving the attention that is probably needed for Skyy to become the WR we hoped.

Moore needs Volume
[Reply]
MAG 10:09 AM 10-30-2023
I guess the MAC ain't quite the NFL.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:09 AM 10-30-2023
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Yeah hes got dropsies issues. I'm okay with accepting hes gonna drop 1-2 easy ones a game. He actually gets open and has playmaking ability when he gets the ball.
Jerry Rice had the drops his rookie year. So we know that is fixable at least some of the time.

Skyy Moore's ball-tracking skills seem less fixable.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:10 AM 10-30-2023
Originally Posted by Balto:

Moore needs Volume
No he doesn't.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:13 AM 10-30-2023
The NFL needs a minor leagues that we can send him down to to get his confidence back.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:14 AM 10-30-2023
Which is strange because coming out of college he was a plus in press coverage and it was said to be his strongest ability.
When you convince yourself of things that are simply not true based on the assertions of talking heads...

Moore needs Volume
These are the stupid fucking conclusions you reach.

And god almighty have there been a lot of stupid fucking conclusions when it comes to Skyy Moore.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:16 AM 10-30-2023
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Jerry Rice had the drops his rookie year. So we know that is fixable at least some of the time.

Skyy Moore's ball-tracking skills seem less fixable.
If it were JUST ball tracking, I'd deal with it.

The issue isn't any particular weakness. It's that EVERYTHING is sub-standard. The hands aren't good. The routes are trash. The simple football savvy is bad. He's not physical. He's not explosive.

He doesn't do a single thing at an NFL level. Not one. Even the effort level is erratic and that's the one thing that is 100% wholly within his control.

Guy should be cut in the off-season. He probably won't be, but he doesn't belong on an NFL roster.
[Reply]
TLO 10:17 AM 10-30-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If it were JUST ball tracking, I'd deal with it.

The issue isn't any particular weakness. It's that EVERYTHING is sub-standard. The hands aren't good. The routes are trash. The simple football savvy is bad. He's not physical. He's not explosive.

He doesn't do a single thing at an NFL level. Not one. Even the effort level is erratic and that's the one thing that is 100% wholly within his control.

Guy should be cut in the off-season. He probably won't be, but he doesn't belong on an NFL roster.
He's pretty good at blocking
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:24 AM 10-30-2023
Originally Posted by TLO:
No he's not. The Chiefs take him out on running plays more often than not.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:24 AM 10-30-2023
Originally Posted by TLO:
In the same way Frank Clark set the edge.

He's barely in the top 100 per PFF. And that's largely as a result of the erratic effort I discussed. Moreover, the dude weighs 185 - at his best he's just getting in the way.

His blocking is maybe average but it's the last, most nebulous, rung of the ladder for those still defending him to cling to. It can't be readily set aside, so people still attempt to claim it as fact.

He's no better a run blocker than Frank Clark was an edge setter. But it might well be the least bad of the things he does.
[Reply]
-King- 10:24 AM 10-30-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
When you convince yourself of things that are simply not true based on the assertions of talking heads...

These are the stupid fucking conclusions you reach.

And god almighty have there been a lot of stupid fucking conclusions when it comes to Skyy Moore.
Dude watched the Chiefs and somehow came to the conclusion they need to play and throw to Skyy even more than they actually do :-) :-)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:25 AM 10-30-2023
Honestly I think the issue is volume. At Western Michigan he was the man and his WR coach is on record saying his main goal was to get Moore drafted in the 1st or 2nd round.

If you look back at his college games he has these type of misses through out his last year of college BUT with the volume he got with multiple 10+ catch games he made it right.

Unless Skyy changes his name too Travis Kelce I don't see Mahomes ever giving the attention that is probably needed for Skyy to become the WR we hoped.

Moore needs Volume
No. Just no. This was never a thing. Some of us spent a considerable amount of time trying to explain this only for it to not be accepted. It's time to accept it now.
[Reply]
Page 247 of 295
« First < 147197237243244245246247 248249250251257 > Last »
Up