Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Felix Anudike-Uzomah Thread*****
Dante84 09:51 PM 04-27-2023
More to come!

The call to @fanudike has us tearing up �� pic.twitter.com/bJryHPc8S1

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2023

A hyphenated name? He'll fit right in �� pic.twitter.com/wOzKMPdzyx

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 28, 2023

Kansas City selects K-State EDGE Felix Unudike-Uzomah 31st overall

�� 89 QB pressures since 2021 (1st among Big 12 defenders) pic.twitter.com/2ZIClLVyXf

— PFF College (@PFF_College) April 28, 2023

Here’s a first look at your newest Kansas City Chief, @fanudike. pic.twitter.com/P0T2q0UFmG

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) April 28, 2023

Felix Anudike-Uzomah was drafted with pick 31 of round 1 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 8.73 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 209 out of 1634 DE from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/maz03OdBwq pic.twitter.com/xoMJ9ki2Pv

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 28, 2023

Veach said the #Chiefs had 16-18 players with first round grades and Felix was one of them.

Also said a couple AFC teams weren’t interested in trading with Kansas City.

Naturally.

— PJ Green (@PJGreenTV) April 28, 2023

Felix Anudike-Uzomah, just now: "I got drafted by literally my favorite team growing up."

— Nate Taylor (@ByNateTaylor) April 28, 2023

[Reply]
Otter 01:17 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
You guys this is the PERFECT complement to furious George. Totally different skills set.

Hot hot hot.
I'm going with this take.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:21 PM 04-28-2023
So just as I suspected Steelers are getting flooded with offers for the #32 pick.

I have a feeling we held on to the pick instead of trading down because of the optics of making a big splash pick to end the night.

I’m mostly good with the pick. But it feels like we could’ve done that and landed the same pick.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:22 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
So just as I suspected Steelers are getting flooded with offers for the #32 pick.

I have a feeling we held on to the pick instead of trading down because of the optics of making a big splash pick to end the night.

I’m mostly good with the pick. But it feels like we could’ve done that and landed the same pick.
:-)
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:27 PM 04-28-2023

I don’t think that’s true. FAU was clearly the best remaining Edge. If that’s what the Chiefs wanted, they most likely weren’t going to see him once they traded down.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:28 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)
The chiefs got plenty of offers and we will see what the Steelers get in exchange. But it will always be fair to compare FAU to what we could’ve gotten in a trade down (which very likely could have still gotten us FAU).
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:28 PM 04-28-2023
Uzi put on 35 pounds since 2020.

Probably not maxed out physically.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 01:31 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I don’t think that’s true. FAU was clearly the best remaining Edge. If that’s what the Chiefs wanted, they most likely weren’t going to see him once they traded down.
That’s possible. I’m not saying I’m outraged. I’m just wondering if it’s a factor. There were plenty of unsubstantiated rumors that clark wanted to keep his first rounder and that would’ve been a major buzzkill to all the chiefs fans who stayed the whole time. It’s just interesting to think about
[Reply]
RunKC 01:38 PM 04-28-2023

I think that was important to Clark but not the end all be all.

The 5th yr option is very important. Getting a good young rusher like that for at least 5 years on the cheap is very valuable
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:38 PM 04-28-2023
That’s possible. I’m not saying I’m outraged. I’m just wondering if it’s a factor. There were plenty of unsubstantiated rumors that clark wanted to keep his first rounder and that would’ve been a major buzzkill to all the chiefs fans who stayed the whole time. It’s just interesting to think about
It clearly had to be a factor.

Clark is a company man and it would have been bad entertainment/fan service.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:39 PM 04-28-2023
The chiefs got plenty of offers and we will see what the Steelers get in exchange. But it will always be fair to compare FAU to what we could’ve gotten in a trade down (which very likely could have still gotten us FAU).
Just as likely people were trading up for a DE and FAU was their last guy in a tier. I think he's a step above guys like Foskey and Hall and there's a good chance the Chiefs and others did too.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:41 PM 04-28-2023
All of those rumors were based on actual comments from both Veach and Clark. Both confirmed in subsequent interviews that it was an inside joke and nothing more. Veach had a green light to trade if he wanted to - it’s just that nobody wanted to deal with him.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:43 PM 04-28-2023
I think FAU can easily match Furious George's 6 sacks last year.

Those 2 are going to be fun to watch grow.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:44 PM 04-28-2023

Son they are building a dynasty here not a feel good draft story for a weekend
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:45 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by unBelizable:
Uzi put on 35 pounds since 2020.

Probably not maxed out physically.
So did I someone draft me
[Reply]
Chieftain 01:49 PM 04-28-2023
I read somewhere some scout saying Nolan Smith was soft and his explosiveness alone will not cut it in the NFL.
Draft is a crapshoot. You never really know how these prospects will pan out at the NFL level. Looking at Smith's face, he does look soft. The smile, the overall facial features.
Now compare that with Felix who looks mean and masculine. I like the mean looking mofos in my team.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 79
« First < 142021222324 252627283474 > Last »
Up