ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 26
« First < 142021222324 2526 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hurricane Milton is a CAT 5 and Coming for Florida
Otter 03:35 AM 10-08-2024
Don't start being shy now mods to update and links...

Blow by Blow

On the Ground

https://www.youtube.com/live/NLhxcyz...zEXFzc7SMzsByZ

[Reply]
FlaChief58 02:52 AM Today
Originally Posted by Spott:
If your neighbor turned his on at 3:45, you might as well turn yours on too.
He turned it off again. I have no idea wtf he was doing, but 2 wrongs don't make a right.
[Reply]
Otter 04:43 AM Today
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Since it's too hot to sleep, I took a look around outside. Other than a few downed limbs, it looks like we made it through without any damage. Now I'll just sit here in the dark and wait until I can get the generator going at 7. At least I can pass the time watching YouTube videos
:-)
[Reply]
TEX 05:06 AM Today
Living on the Gulf Coast for a good part of my life, I've been through many hurricanes. Most recently Hurricane Beryl, back in July. But it was nothing compared to Milton. Milton, is / was a bad one. Especially with all the tornados... And the worst part about all of it, is not having any power, sometimes for weeks afterwards. Even with a generator, it sucks cuz u got to deal with finding gas and dealing with long gas lines etc. I feel for the people in Florida.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 05:56 AM Today
Why can't you turn a generator on before 7?
[Reply]
backinblack 06:23 AM Today
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Depending on how it hit, there was probably more damage in New Jersey than Virginia. It took out some trees, caused some minor flooding, and destroyed half of a long pier in Virginia Beach. That was pretty much it. I always think about that when I see the "We will rebuild" meme with the toppled lawn chair. :-)
I was living in Ghent(which floods if too many dogs pee at the same time during high tide) when Sandy “hit”, and it was not much more than typical thunderstorm weather except it lasted longer. But that thing went up the coast and wrecked Jersey and NYC.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:27 AM Today
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
The crane on top of this building fell off the top of the building onto another building last night. That’s the tallest building on the west side of Florida.
ABC News covered that, said they "didn't have enough time" to secure it or whatever before the storm hit.

They've known about this possibility for a week.
[Reply]
srvy 06:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Maybe this is why the fat old guys on my Facebook feed were hating on her the other day. I mean, they were literally discussing how they "hated" her. It's really ****ing weird.

I can't imagine why anyone would hate Taylor Swift.
I can't imagine why anyone would care what people say on Facebook or any other social media site. People say the darndest things even here on CP. Life can be hard on the young and tenderhearted. Don't worry the nuts will eventually drop for you and maybe harden that still soft bark you are growing.

Also know this Swift doesn't live near you.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:47 AM Today
Originally Posted by srvy:
I can't imagine why anyone would care what people say on Facebook or any other social media site. People say the darndest things even here on CP. Life can be hard on the young and tenderhearted. Don't worry the nuts will eventually drop for you and maybe harden that still soft bark you are growing.

Also know this Swift doesn't live near you.
Bet you're real fun at parties
[Reply]
seamonster 06:47 AM Today
Originally Posted by 4th and Long:
It's actually climate related weather but, hey, don't let the science get in the way, bub.
Back in the 2010's they went ELEVEN years with no hurricanes in Florida. Zero. No major hurricanes in the US last year either. And I can distinctly remember bimbo's saying "it's weather, not climate" during that dry stretch...But now the worlds ending and you can't insure your house because Florida had a Cat III hurricane? Nobody should be buying this bullshit.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:54 AM Today
My grandpappy used to tell stories that back in the 20's they used to be able to control the weather and it was perfect year round.

What has happened? How did they lose control of the weather?
[Reply]
srvy 06:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Bet you're real fun at parties
At my age I stay away from parties if I can.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:03 AM Today
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Back in the 2010's they went ELEVEN years with no hurricanes in Florida. Zero. No major hurricanes in the US last year either. And I can distinctly remember bimbo's saying "it's weather, not climate" during that dry stretch...But now the worlds ending and you can't insure your house because Florida had a Cat III hurricane? Nobody should be buying this bullshit.
2004 and 2005 there were several major hurricanes that threatened and/or impacted the state of Florida.

Dennis, Frances, Jean, Ivan, Katrina, Wilma... and I am sure there were others.

Also Andrew hit as a Cat 5... in 1992.

Storms like Milton are bad enough that the additional "unprecedented" hyperbole is unnecessary... and historically inaccurate.
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:20 AM Today
Originally Posted by srvy:
At my age I stay away from parties if I can.
Praying for your bowel movement this morning :-) :-)
[Reply]
BleedingRed 07:27 AM Today
In the bathroom’s quiet throne,
A humble place I sit alone.
With nature’s call, I take my seat,
A moment brief, yet oh so sweet.

Oh Lord, I thank you for this time,
For daily blessings, so sublime.
In this small act, I find some peace,
And from my worries, I find release.

With each little push, a giggle I stifle,
Life’s simple truths, I find so delightful.
For even in this, a sacred part,
I feel your presence within my heart.

So here’s to the moments, both great and small,
Even in the restroom, God hears our call!
Let’s laugh and rejoice, in life’s messy fun,
For every little task, together we’ve won!
[Reply]
srvy 07:32 AM Today
DEPENDS on if I remember my 6 oz glass of prune juice with my oatmeal.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 26
« First < 142021222324 2526 >
Up