ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 31
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Hopkins to Chiefs
Pooch 04:50 AM Today
Let’s go

It’s happening: Titans and Chiefs are working to finalize a trade that would send WR DeAndre Hopkins to Kansas City, league sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/aEeKEgI2D8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 23, 2024

Sources: #Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins is being traded to the #Chiefs in exchange for a 5th rounder that can get to a fourth rounder. Deal is being finalized.

A key veteran who could be the final piece, Hopkins name has been hot in the trade market. Now, he lands with the champs. pic.twitter.com/GRvRbUwux6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
ThrobProng 09:34 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Can they please just send L'Jarius back?

I don't mean for football reasons - I just feel so bad for the guy. He was a great player, great teammate and just fantastic dude. Really good story and everything you'd want to see happen to guys in this league.

And he had to play for that shit-house franchise to get paid? Poor dude. He absolutely, unquestionably deserved to get paid. I just hate that he had to go to that hellscape to make it happen.
Meh, he could've chosen to be slightly less filthy rich and stayed in KC, instead of signing with a team everyone knew would be a dumpster fire. I have no sympathy for him.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:35 AM Today
Mahomes finally going to get some damn TDs in the RZ
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:38 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Think we both agree Elijah Moore is also intriguing
I'd be surprised if DJ found Elijah Moore intriguing. No one seriously finds Elijah Moore intriguing.

And im about done with undersized "Moore's" tbh.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:39 AM Today
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Mahomes finally going to get some damn TDs in the RZ
Yep, maybe Mahomes will start throwing jump balls to him too.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:39 AM Today
Originally Posted by In58men:
They’re planning on playing him this Sunday, not sure we can get more reassurance than that.
I guess what im getting at is, i hope this is a, "Oh my knee hurts cuz i wanna be traded" kinda situation.
[Reply]
Woogieman 09:40 AM Today
Just my 2 cents: sometimes an injury just needs a band-aid. Hopkins is a band-aid...and Bactine more than likely. I can't imagine BV giving up additional draft stock, so this will be the offense until Brown gives them some help hopefully in the post -season. The biggest challenge will be to Mahomes: can he remember how to throw in tight windows to a freiver that can actually catch the ball? Does he go back to a little more of the gunslinger and "throw a reciever open"? Seems like it's been a LONG time since he has had highlight throws, and I blame the WRs with a dash of OTs for that.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 09:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
I guess what im getting at is, i hope this is a, "Oh my knee hurts cuz i wanna be traded" kinda situation.
Going from a losing team to a winning team can sometimes be miraculous
[Reply]
ThrobProng 09:43 AM Today
JJSS was signed off the street and had a 130 yard game, glass knee and all. "Only" trading a 5th rounder for Hopkins doesn't mean expectations for him should be low.
[Reply]
4th and Long 09:43 AM Today

The Chiefs have this cool tradition where once a year they pick a receiver who is in quarterback hell, bring him to Kansas City where he gets to play with Patrick Mahomes AND he gets to score a touchdown in the Super Bowl!

‘22: Toney
‘23: Hardman
‘24: Hopkins

Congrats, Nuk!

— nick wright (@getnickwright) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
jd1020 09:44 AM Today
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
One would hope the Chiefs looked into medicals before making the trade.
[Reply]
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 09:44 AM Today
I was hoping someone had posted this. Grossi nailed this one pretty well - definitely enjoying the Cowboys reaction.

Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:47 AM Today
Originally Posted by Woogieman:
Just my 2 cents: sometimes an injury just needs a band-aid. Hopkins is a band-aid...and Bactine more than likely. I can't imagine BV giving up additional draft stock, so this will be the offense until Brown gives them some help hopefully in the post -season. The biggest challenge will be to Mahomes: can he remember how to throw in tight windows to a freiver that can actually catch the ball? Does he go back to a little more of the gunslinger and "throw a reciever open"? Seems like it's been a LONG time since he has had highlight throws, and I blame the WRs with a dash of OTs for that.
Hopkins isn't really a 'get thrown open' sort of guy, though. Not at this stage of his career.

He's more of a Dwayne Bowe sort of guy who's going to try to find a zone and use leverage/size to put himself between the DB and the QB.

The question isn't will Mahomes throw him open, IMO - it's will Mahomes throw it to him when he's NOT open.

Because if Hopkins is going to be effective vs Man coverage (and I feel like we'll start to see more of that), that's how it's gonna have to happen. He's not dusting guys out of his breaks. He's going to have to simply be better at attacking the ball than his opponent.

We'll see.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:52 AM Today

[Reply]
ToxSocks 09:53 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Hopkins isn't really a 'get thrown open' sort of guy, though. Not at this stage of his career.

He's more of a Dwayne Bowe sort of guy who's going to try to find a zone and use leverage/size to put himself between the DB and the QB.

The question isn't will Mahomes throw him open, IMO - it's will Mahomes throw it to him when he's NOT open.

Because if Hopkins is going to be effective vs Man coverage (and I feel like we'll start to see more of that), that's how it's gonna have to happen. He's not dusting guys out of his breaks. He's going to have to simply be better at attacking the ball than his opponent.

We'll see.
I see it like this: If they can get JuJu open, they can get Hopkins open. Be where you're supposed to be and make the catch. If you can do that, Reid will find a way to get you to produce when needed.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:56 AM Today
To DJ's point about making another deal. It's not just about this year, remember we only have Rice, Worthy and Skyy under contract for 2025.

We shouldn't be thinking about rentals - we should be thinking about someone under control or someone we can extend.

And to Mecca's point, the draft class sucks next year and we're picking at the end of each round. I'll gladly use some capital to help us now and in future years.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 31
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Up