ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 82
« First < 142021222324 252627283474 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tourist(s) missing in submarine while trying to reach the Titannic
Ming the Merciless 10:45 AM 06-19-2023
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/u-s-coa...-sub-1.6446841

Originally Posted by :
A search and rescue operation is currently underway to locate a submarine that went missing during an expedition to the Titanic.
The U.S. Coast Guard was looking for the submarine Monday morning after it disappeared during the expedition from St. John's, N.L. The infamous 1912 wreck is located more than 600 kilometres southeast of the province in the North Atlantic Ocean.
The trip to the Titanic was being run by OceanGate Expeditions, a U.S.-based company. It uses a five-person submersible named Titan to reach the wreckage 3,800 metres below the surface. OceanGate's website advertises a seven-night voyage to the Titanic for US$250,000 per person, or approximately CA$330,000.
"We are exploring and mobilizing all options to bring the crew back safely," an OceanGate spokesperson said in an email to CTV News. "Our entire focus is on the crewmembers in the submersible and their families."

Those tours are a series of five eight-day missions to the Titanic with the money raised by tourists going towards Titanic research. Posts on social media show the ship launched from the St. John's area last week.

Did they really have 5 people in this?? Or do they have a larger version??

[Reply]
ToxSocks 12:35 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
I thought yesterday it was on a 30 minute interval, so question would be is that still the case today. No idea what they do if they know where to go. I would assume if they had any ability to get down there with a vehicle that could potentially help anything, they'd already be doing it. In the movies they have lots of toys like this. Maybe they should call up the crew of "The Meg".
Yeah this is pretty much, "Ok cool. We think they may still be alive. Now we just wait for them to die".
[Reply]
Old Dog 12:35 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:

Sound travels faster (and further?) under water, but I'd imagine that should help, no?
Maybe it's to help establish a time of death. "No more knocking, so I'd put TOD at ___"
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:37 PM 06-21-2023
The noise isn't ... - - - ...
Was probably over instantly for these folks.
Another stupid ,yet sad story.
[Reply]
wazu 12:41 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
The noise isn't ... - - - ...
Was probably over instantly for these folks.
Another stupid ,yet sad story.
Remember, they didn't hire 50 year old white dudes who practiced morse code on their walkie talkies as kids.
[Reply]
neech 12:42 PM 06-21-2023
Let's say there is only one person in it, how much oxygen is in there to sustain them. The oxygen tank has to be showing E by now I would think.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:46 PM 06-21-2023
It seems like a stretch to think that the knocking could be the sub to me. Kind of reminds me of the time that one of the deep space observatories was suddenly registering some crazy radio signals that they couldn't figure out the source of, and it turned out to be a nearby microwave that was malfunctioning. (I'm probably off on the details of that...)
[Reply]
wazu 12:46 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by neech:
Let's say there is only one person in it, how much oxygen is in there to sustain them. The oxygen tank has to be showing E by now I would think.
It sounded like they were set to run out of oxygen on Thursday morning.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:49 PM 06-21-2023
I guess the one positive coming out of this is that the job market for 50 year-old white guys is looking up.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:50 PM 06-21-2023
It sounded like they were set to run out of oxygen on Thursday morning.
I think this is based on 5 people.

Can you extend that time by tearing the CEO to ribbons with your bare hands
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:50 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It seems like a stretch to think that the knocking could be the sub to me. Kind of reminds me of the time that one of the deep space observatories was suddenly registering some crazy radio signals that they couldn't figure out the source of, and it turned out to be a nearby microwave that was malfunctioning. (I'm probably off on the details of that...)
If I remember right, a woman with a lower back tattoo was standing near the microwave.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:51 PM 06-21-2023
Remember, they didn't hire 50 year old white dudes who practiced morse code on their walkie talkies as kids.
Probably some truth to that.
I have hundreds of 50 year old, white dudes for friends.
Not a one of them would fuck with karma , in a grave yard, 2-1/2 miles below the surface.

:-)
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:52 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Tommy - we told you no heating up hot pockets during prime listening hours!!!
[Reply]
LiveSteam 12:56 PM 06-21-2023
My guess. It blew a window somwhere past a mile and went down fast. Snapping any cable or tether.

Edit// Titanic sits at 25,000 psi
[Reply]
neech 12:59 PM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I think this is based on 5 people.

Can you extend that time by tearing the CEO to ribbons with your bare hands
Maybe they drew straws and the winner watches the others take cyanide pills with the remote possibility of the sole survivor using the oxygen tank as long as it would go, hoping for a rescue.

They have a pipe banging it against the wall every 30 minutes.
[Reply]
ReynardMuldrake 01:01 PM 06-21-2023
Apparently they have redundant systems to bring the craft to the surface, but no beacon, no radio, no dye pack, no flares, no buoys, no seat belts, and no way to open the hatch from the inside. The craft is white so it blends right into the sea. If they are on the surface, they are pretty much relying on a rescuer making visual contact. Meanwhile the occupants get tossed around like shoes in a dryer, covered in puke and shit while waiting days to slowly suffocate in the darkness.

What a fucked up way to die.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 82
« First < 142021222324 252627283474 > Last »
Up