ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 30
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM Yesterday
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:15 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Nah.

Because Worthy's not a reliable deep threat so obviously you can't throw a simple skinny post to him against a single high safety with enough open grass to land a 747 in...
"2 high shells are killing us..."

Mahomes got fooled by a simple disguised look. That was single-high all day with a route that is almost tailor made to kill it. That should've been a 6 but Mahomes saw the 2-high pre-snap and seemingly gave up on it.
Kind of like what we talked about yesterday, feel like he is zeroing in on Rice now instead of Kelce. Young Pat always looked deep first then moved elsewhere now he has taken the opposite approach. Could be the Nagy effect.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:15 AM Today
Originally Posted by xztop123:
I think the deep safety reacted to the throw and that’s why worthy looked so open
Worthy had inside leverage in him and the safety on the far side crashed down. Throw it between the 20 and the 30 on the left side of the field and Worthy runs away from the safety with ease.

Yes, the safety crashed but he was already beaten to the inside because worthy did a great job bending his route inside the safeties shoulder to set him up to make his break and dust the trailing S.

That's a touchdown with even a B- throw into the massive open space. The safety can't run with Worthy once he got inside leverage on him.
[Reply]
xztop123 11:15 AM Today
How the hell is CEH not cut? Is he getting paid while receiving treatment for his depression lol
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:16 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Are you going to acknowledge that Nagy was the OC in 2018 when Mahomes threw for 50 TDs and our offense was absolute bonkers? Or does that not fit your narrative of what Nagy is?

I find it extremely hard to believe that guy comes back from Chicago and "turns" Mahomes into a checkdown artist. Nagy knows what Mahomes can do, there's no way he wants this. It's absurd.
Didn’t Nagy leave for the Bears after Alex’s last season?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:16 AM Today
Are you going to acknowledge that Nagy was the OC in 2018 when Mahomes threw for 50 TDs and our offense was absolute bonkers? Or does that not fit your narrative of what Nagy is?

I find it extremely hard to believe that guy comes back from Chicago and "turns" Mahomes into a checkdown artist. Nagy knows what Mahomes can do, there's no way he wants this. It's absurd.
:-) Nagy was in Chicago in 2018, broski.
[Reply]
O.city 11:17 AM Today

Mahomes got fooled by a simple disguised look. That was single-high all day with a route that is almost tailor made to kill it. That should've been a 6 but Mahomes saw the 2-high pre-snap and seemingly gave up on it.
Eh, I think it was designed this was. The safety drove on it and look at Rice's route. They had an idea what they were getting there.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 11:17 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
:-) Nagy was in Chicago in 2018, broski.
Oh wow he was. Alright fair enough, I'm wrong about that.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:17 AM Today
Worthy had inside leverage in him and the safety on the far side crashed down. Throw it between the 20 and the 30 on the left side of the field and Worthy runs away from the safety with ease.

Yes, the safety crashed but he was already beaten to the inside because worthy did a great job bending his route inside the safeties shoulder to set him up to make his break and dust the trailing S.

That's a touchdown with even a B- throw into the massive open space. The safety can't run with Worthy once he got inside leverage on him.
If you pause the video right before Mahomes starts his throwing motion, you can see this pretty clearly.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:18 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah. He doesn’t trust his LT and he’s pressing. Pretty clear when you watch the film

This is what I’m talking about when I say his fundamentals have been trash.

I mean this is just hot garbage.

His legs and arms and head are all doing completely different things.

His footwork has always been unorthodox but it always worked. This is just bad. Sorry, but it is.

He can fix it, but it’s disappointing that we seem to have this conversation every year for the past few years.

Not saying he won’t get back to form, he’s Patrick Mahomes so he will. But he needs to clean it up.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:18 AM Today

Yeah he’s done his job well enough. This should have been a TD. And it was against cover 2.
This seems to be what Mahomes meant in his presser about throwing better. Was way behind Worthy

The connection just isn't there yet.

Pat isn't putting the best balls up to Worthy but Worthy also isn't maximizing the few opportunities either. When the ball is coming in short/behind/late, you gotta go play big to keep the DB outta the picture. pic.twitter.com/hTMLYt075M

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) September 23, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:21 AM Today
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
If you pause the video right before Mahomes starts his throwing motion, you can see this pretty clearly.
Right. He wasn't as open as he looks when the safety breaks on Rice, but before Mahomes triggers, Worthy has the inside leverage on him and can run into space.

Mahomes never looked at it because he never looked left to notice that the far side safety came down. He got fooled by the disguised look and never looked back to confirm when the ball was snapped. He assumed the other safety was still over the top.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:21 AM Today

Nagy was not OC in 2018.

That was Bieniemy.
[Reply]
O.city 11:22 AM Today
The first one is fine, they’re driving that space for rice

The last one is just a late Matt casselesque throw
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:23 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah he’s done his job well enough. This should have been a TD. And it was against cover 2.
This seems to be what Mahomes meant in his presser about throwing better. Was way behind Worthy

It wasn't cover 2 once the ball was snapped.

If all you have to do to kill our downfield game is SHOW Cover 2 pre-snap, we've got real problems on our hands.

Edit: N/M. Different play. Yeah - that's just a bad ball.
[Reply]
seamonster 11:27 AM Today
1/3 go routes and 20% crossers is fine.

That doesn't mean he's an 'unreliable deep threat' - that's a fine use of a guy with his speed.

You just have to be willing to look for him and hit him with the pass when it's there.

To this point we just haven't. And ultimately that's more on Pat than it is Worthy. And if you want to say it's on Reid somehow, I guess you can say that Reid's unwillingness to provide help to the LT has sped Mahomes up a bit.

But the issue isn't the WRs. We have guys in Worthy, Hardman and even Watson that absolutely have the juice to provide viable downfield weapons. And again, if Terry McLaurin can get deep balls, Rashee Rice damn sure can.

Execution has been a bigger problem than personnel. By a LOT.
You can't compare Mclaurin to Rashee Rice...Mclaurin ran a 4.3 and can and has taken the top off defenses for years. Rashee Rice is a second year player that wants to play the line of scrimmage and be a pure X receiver. Two different roles (although Mclaurin can be physical and has run the dig routes,etc for shitty QB's).
[Reply]
Page 24 of 30
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Up