ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 238 of 299
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official EMAW Repository thread***
Saulbadguy 11:54 AM 11-15-2009
I know there are enough of us to participate in this thread, even when our seasons inevitably go to shit.

KSU vs Western Illinois today, tip-off at 3:00 pm.

One thing I noticed near the end of the game on Friday night - we had 5 true freshman on the court, and still played sound basketball. None of them were scrub walk-ons either. While I don't think we will make a serious run at anything this year, the foundation is being laid for a solid program in the future.
[Reply]
BigOlChiefsfan 03:44 PM 09-25-2010
Careful what we wish for - let's specify 6 BCS wins,
[Reply]
kstater 03:48 PM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by BigOlChiefsfan:
Careful what we wish for - let's specify 6 BCS wins,

The SWMSU game counts. Last years problem was they had 2 FCS games.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:50 PM 09-25-2010
Congrats, Cats. A win is a win.

Edit: That is, unless you are a Mizzou fan. Then, no matter how MU wins, it isn't good enough.
[Reply]
58kcfan89 04:03 PM 09-25-2010
Christ, that was ugly. I was one of the dumbass students that stood out in the monsoon for 30 minutes & was going to kill someone if we didn't pull that out.... But hey, I'll take it.

I fully expect Nebraska to kill us by about 20...
[Reply]
kstater 04:04 PM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by 58kcfan89:
Christ, that was ugly. I was one of the dumbass students that stood out in the monsoon for 30 minutes & was going to kill someone if we didn't pull that out.... But hey, I'll take it.

I fully expect Nebraska to kill us by about 20...
I'll take getting killed by 20 points.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 04:22 PM 09-25-2010
What a brutal performance by the Knights, especially the kicker. Only good thing that came out of that game was Godfrey, hopefully the idiot kicker didn't singlehandedly ruin the Knights season. Good comeback for the Cat's though, the Knights couldn't put them away and the Knights deserved to lose. Hopefully it doesn't ruin the Knights season.
[Reply]
58kcfan89 05:06 PM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by kstater:
I'll take getting killed by 20 points.
Good point. Guess I was being conservative....

Originally Posted by UCFGoldenKnight:
What a brutal performance by the Knights, especially the kicker. Only good thing that came out of that game was Godfrey, hopefully the idiot kicker didn't singlehandedly ruin the Knights season. Good comeback for the Cat's though, the Knights couldn't put them away and the Knights deserved to lose. Hopefully it doesn't ruin the Knights season.
That defense is dirty, stopped almost everything KSU threw at them except for the Quarrels TD catch. And I thought Godfrey looked good today, especially when he was able to use his legs. He also threw a freakin rope to a WR that was a bit overthrown, but it wouldn't surprise me if he turns into a really good QB.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:30 PM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by UCFGoldenKnight:
Yep - UCF gave the game I away. They had every opportunity to put it away and failed. KSU got extremely lucky to get the W.

It was just a brutal game to be at. The weather delay was hell - we were packed in under the overhang at the stadium and just stood there while it poured and clouds formed overhead. Of course, the Cats playing like shit didn't help.

UCF has some serious speed on defense - our O-Line looked the worst it ever has this year. I think you found a good QB with Godfrey.

I'm looking forward to traveling to Orlando in 2012...should be a fun trip.
[Reply]
notorious 06:36 PM 09-25-2010
How does UCF get an excellent running QB and we end up with Coffman?

If we had UCF's QB, this would be a potential 8-9 win team.
[Reply]
kstater 06:37 PM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by notorious:
How does UCF get an excellent running QB and we end up with Coffman?

They're in the middle of Florida, we're in the middle of Kansas.
[Reply]
notorious 06:41 PM 09-25-2010
They're in the middle of Florida, we're in the middle of Kansas.
We need to start stealing those 3 star players from the middle of Texas. The kind of player that play safety for them but QB for us.
[Reply]
Saulbadguy 06:42 PM 09-25-2010
We need to start stealing those 3 star players from the middle of Texas. The kind of player that play safety for them but QB for us.
In case you hadn't noticed, our safeties suck ass too.
[Reply]
kstater 06:42 PM 09-25-2010
We'll pick up that gap when Nubs leaves Texas for Big 10 country .
[Reply]
notorious 06:46 PM 09-25-2010
Originally Posted by Saulbadguy:
In case you hadn't noticed, our safeties suck ass too.
Hard to miss along with the middle of the D-Line.
[Reply]
notorious 06:47 PM 09-25-2010
We'll pick up that gap when Nubs leaves Texas for Big 10 country .
I hope so. QB is everything when it comes to winning against the good teams.
[Reply]
Page 238 of 299
« First < 138188228234235236237238 239240241242248288 > Last »
Up