ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 234 of 664
« First < 134184224230231232233234 235236237238244284334 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
TimBone 08:54 PM 11-15-2014
Originally Posted by Katipan:
Guy just shit his pants in the middle of a fight.

My night is made.
I saw that happen live at some amateur fights. We were at ringside VIP tables and had no idea what was going on. We just kept seeing the ref going back and forth between watching the fight and looking over at a table ringside. He was asking somebody at that table wtf he was supposed to do.

Finally he stopped the fight, and we saw one of the fighters stand up with a big ol' grease stain in the back of his shorts. He didn't wait for any direction, he immediately left the ring, sprinted out of the arena, and I assume kept on going right into a career change. I don't think you come back from something like that.

The guy that had to clean the ring before the next fight sure had a shitty job.
[Reply]
TimBone 08:55 PM 11-15-2014
Originally Posted by alnorth:
Wow, a 2 point deduction! I didn't even know that was a thing. If it is though, then that was a good call, that was an obvious intentional headbutt.
I don't recall ever seeing a 2 point deduction either.
[Reply]
alnorth 09:06 PM 11-15-2014
Originally Posted by TimBone:
I don't recall ever seeing a 2 point deduction either.
"I don't care what he says, that was intentional! Two points!"

-Big John
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 09:27 PM 11-15-2014
The UFC really need to start addressing the amount of Main and Co-Main events that never happen do to injury or whatever. I'd say about 2/3's of the PPV have one of the Main or CM's get changed before it happens. If they don't start putting 1 or 2 more CM type fights on every PPV I can see the buy rates to start to drop. This is really a shit card on paper, but I'll never not buy one regardless, but that isn't the case for most buyers.
[Reply]
Katipan 09:38 PM 11-15-2014
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
The UFC really need to start addressing the amount of Main and Co-Main events that never happen do to injury or whatever. I'd say about 2/3's of the PPV have one of the Main or CM's get changed before it happens. If they don't start putting 1 or 2 more CM type fights on every PPV I can see the buy rates to start to drop. This is really a shit card on paper, but I'll never not buy one regardless, but that isn't the case for most buyers.
We didn't buy it because I really dislike Mr. Tito Ortiz and I wanted to see him all bloody. But Good God, I'm used to Bellator tournaments, not events like this. These fights with all the WWE special effects in their walk outs... Costumes, coordinated music videos, hot half naked girls, lights, fog, glitter.

I'm just too old.
[Reply]
rico 09:43 PM 11-15-2014
Originally Posted by Katipan:
We didn't buy it because I really dislike Mr. Tito Ortiz and I wanted to see him all bloody. But Good God, I'm used to Bellator tournaments, not events like this. These fights with all the WWE special effects in their walk outs... Costumes, coordinated music videos, hot half naked girls, lights, fog, glitter.

I'm just too old.
Remember when Prince Naseem Hanged, the boxer used to have some intros that seemed crazy at the time (late 90's)? I loved his Halloween intro.
[Reply]
Katipan 09:50 PM 11-15-2014
Originally Posted by rico:
Remember when Prince Naseem Hanged, the boxer used to have some intros that seemed crazy at the time (late 90's)? I loved his Halloween intro.
I know there is a target audience for this stuff. And I fondly remember the low dongs of the bells that chimed when the original Undertaker stalked out in the original WWF.

But I guess I snobbily thought the MMA fights were more...

Sigh...

Professional? Such a stupid word, but I have no better one. It's so far beyond an entourage and an entrance song. It's like a coordinated circus act.

I'm an old lady. Get off my lawn.
[Reply]
TimBone 10:18 PM 11-15-2014
Sorry it's upside down, that's how it was posted to me.

[Reply]
alnorth 10:23 PM 11-15-2014
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
Dana White actually addressed this a bit. Talked about how in the NFL, they don't even hit anymore in practice.

UFC Training camps have gotten too insane, they need to back it off and make sure they don't freaking hurt themselves in camp anymore, because this is getting ridiculous.

If NFL teams don't even hit anymore in practice, then you can train and get ready for an opponent without hurting yourself.
[Reply]
alnorth 10:31 PM 11-15-2014
Come on Hunt! Knock that bastard out, you magnificent Kiwi!
[Reply]
Sorter 10:37 PM 11-15-2014
Werdum playing opossum ala Fedor fight.
[Reply]
Sorter 10:39 PM 11-15-2014
Oh gawd. Run away Mark.
[Reply]
Sorter 10:39 PM 11-15-2014
GTFO out of his guard Mark.
[Reply]
Sorter 10:47 PM 11-15-2014
Awesome knee.
[Reply]
alnorth 10:54 PM 11-15-2014
well... Hunt almost got him. Hunt is never going to win the big fight. At least he was entertaining.
[Reply]
Page 234 of 664
« First < 134184224230231232233234 235236237238244284334 > Last »
Up