ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 42
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Kareem Hunt [signed to the practice squad]
wazu 01:43 PM 09-16-2024

With RB Isiah Pacheco expected to be sideliend 6-8 weeks, the Chiefs are bringing their former RB Kareem Hunt back to Kansas City for a Tuesday visit, per league sources. Hunt could help fill the Chiefs’ running back void. pic.twitter.com/nDzNGlrcuH

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) September 16, 2024

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 01:44 PM 09-17-2024
If he can bring even 70% of what he was in the Chiefs passing game…

[Reply]
DRM08 01:45 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don't expect 2018 Hunt just like anyone else, but we're fooling ourselves if we think he isn't gonna see the lightest boxes he's had consistently since.... 2018.

And with a nice powerful line in front of him too.

I'll wager he's closer to 4.0 than 3.0.
If he can pick up short yardage conversions, that would be very helpful. Look at this from Sunday:

1st & Goal at CIN 2
(4:14 - 1st) (Shotgun) I.Pacheco left guard to CIN 2 for no gain (S.Rankins; L.Wilson).

2nd & Goal at CIN 2
(3:40 - 1st) (Shotgun) I.Pacheco up the middle to CIN 2 for no gain (S.Hubbard, J.Tufele).
[Reply]
loochy 01:45 PM 09-17-2024
Did we sign this piece of shit yet?
[Reply]
RollChiefsRoll 01:46 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
If he can bring even 70% of what he was in the Chiefs passing game…

Look at Alex Smith’s happy feet :-)
[Reply]
crispystl 01:47 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I don't expect 2018 Hunt just like anyone else, but we're fooling ourselves if we think he isn't gonna see the lightest boxes he's had consistently since.... 2018.

And with a nice powerful line in front of him too.

I'll wager he's closer to 4.0 than 3.0.
I think he might surprise some people with fresh legs, light boxes and great schemes from Andy. He should also be a good emotional shot in the arm to some of the older guys too. I just hope he's kept himself in shape.
[Reply]
Old Dog 01:48 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by loochy:
Did we sign this piece of shit yet?
yep
[Reply]
crispystl 01:49 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
If he can pick up short yardage conversions, that would be very helpful. Look at this from Sunday:

1st & Goal at CIN 2
(4:14 - 1st) (Shotgun) I.Pacheco left guard to CIN 2 for no gain (S.Rankins; L.Wilson).

2nd & Goal at CIN 2
(3:40 - 1st) (Shotgun) I.Pacheco up the middle to CIN 2 for no gain (S.Hubbard, J.Tufele).
He was always a hell of a receiving threat too, and those swing passes to the flat have been there all season. We've missed them, but they've been there.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:51 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I’m taking a flyer on one of these backs.

Which cream rises to the top? Steele, Perine or Hunt?
I think it will be Perine.

Because I think the Chiefs prefer him in the passing game, they prefer to pass and they'd prefer to not let personnel telegraph the plays.

So Perine will be the naturally bet to get more of the plays between the 20s and if he has gas left in the tank (I think he does) he'll get the first crack at really getting a grip on the job.

Hunt would represent the highest ceiling but I think Perine's versatility will give him the first crack and I think he'll be able to run with it.

Thanks again, Denver!
[Reply]
T-post Tom 01:52 PM 09-17-2024
Brooke Pryor with derogatory X post in 3.2.1…
[Reply]
Mecca 01:55 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I think it will be Perine.

Because I think the Chiefs prefer him in the passing game, they prefer to pass and they'd prefer to not let personnel telegraph the plays.

So Perine will be the naturally bet to get more of the plays between the 20s and if he has gas left in the tank (I think he does) he'll get the first crack at really getting a grip on the job.

Hunt would represent the highest ceiling but I think Perine's versatility will give him the first crack and I think he'll be able to run with it.

Thanks again, Denver!
Perine's small usage so far makes me question how much of the playbook he knows at this point.

I doubt they lean on a rookie, they're probably just going to pass more.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:55 PM 09-17-2024

[Reply]
KCJake 01:56 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by myselff77:
If the Chiefs sign Hunt for depth it's fine.
This is the equivalent of Le'veon Bell, Melvin Gordon or whatever rerun at RB the Chiefs have signed the past couple years. If Hunt gets a couple carries for a few yards, great. If he's cut in a few weeks, so be it. If the magical powers of Mahomes causes him to regain the fountain of youth and he runs for 500 yards... well Chiefs.
I hope like hell this works out better than Bell and Gordon did
[Reply]
BWillie 01:56 PM 09-17-2024
Certainly not upset about it. It's mainly just they want a guy that is familiar with the system. Ultimately I don't value RB very much so it barely matters who we sign as long as they know their assignments and block. Just would have preferred someone who has a CHANCE to be a bit more dynamic and catch footballs.
[Reply]
Iconic 01:57 PM 09-17-2024
this is like a chiefs fans fan fiction come to life

pls make it happen
[Reply]
Mecca 01:59 PM 09-17-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Certainly not upset about it. It's mainly just they want a guy that is familiar with the system. Ultimately I don't value RB very much so it barely matters who we sign as long as they know their assignments and block. Just would have preferred someone who has a CHANCE to be a bit more dynamic and catch footballs.
Anyone who is actually dynamic is on a roster.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 42
« First < 131920212223 2425262733 > Last »
Up