ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 326
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Cardinals Release WR DeAndre Hopkins [Titans, 2yr/$26 million]
Dante84 11:03 AM 05-26-2023
Interesting

Cardinals released DeAndre Hopkins. pic.twitter.com/c0f9UaabYA

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 26, 2023

[Reply]
Megatron96 02:14 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Look, I want Hopkins too, but this is just silly.

I think he has a point. I mean, it's pretty much what GB did to Rodgers. Not the contract part, but every year GB refused to draft a WR in the first round. Every year they chose to give him a little bit less offensively. And it obviously got to a point where Rodgers didn't want to discuss the draft at all. And also obviously it created a rift between Aaron and the GB FO that was irreparable after awhile.

Mahomes took a very team-friendly deal because Veach/Clark told him that they would continue to keep the roster filled with weapons every year. It could make Pat question that promise, if year after year, the FO does not pull the trigger in cases like this, or in the draft of course.

Now, nothing like that would happen this season, but if it happened again next season, or basically became a kind of trend . . . I could see any QB begin to lose confidence in his FO after a few seasons like that, just saying.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:15 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
You too huh?
Who is this mysterious Cupid? Will he unveil himself?
[Reply]
staylor26 02:15 PM 05-26-2023
You too huh?
So it's not just me?

I have no problem with people downvoting me, but if you're going to constantly do it without having anything to actually say, I'm going to eventually call you out.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:15 PM 05-26-2023
In a perfect world yeah this is the move to make.

With 30 other teams in the mix this is not happening unless he really wants to sacrifice money for a ring.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:16 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
Who is this mysterious Cupid? Will he unveil himself?
CupidStunt. He used to post more, but seems like he just lurks and downvotes now.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:17 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
I think he has a point. I mean, it's pretty much what GB did to Rodgers. Not the contract part, but every year GB refused to draft a WR in the first round. Every year they chose to give him a little bit less offensively. And it obviously got to a point where Rodgers didn't want to discuss the draft at all. And also obviously it created a rift between Aaron and the GB FO that was irreparable after awhile.

Mahomes took a very team-friendly deal because Veach/Clark told him that they would continue to keep the roster filled with weapons every year. It could make Pat question that promise, if year after year, the FO does not pull the trigger in cases like this, or in the draft of course.

Now, nothing like that would happen this season, but if it happened again next season, or basically became a kind of trend . . . I could see any QB begin to lose confidence in his FO after a few seasons like that, just saying.
It wasn't just the draft picks, he would offer FA suggestions of guys he would like to play with and they basically told him they didn't give a shit about his opinion.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:17 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
So it's not just me?

I have no problem with people downvoting me, but if you're going to constantly do it without having anything to actually say, I'm going to eventually call you out.
It's easier to accept that there are some real fuckin' Gomer's on CP.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:17 PM 05-26-2023

Right, that was exactly my point. Not like Pat is going to storm in if we don't sign him and demand a new deal, just that it would rub the wrong way a little, and you can't make it a trend. Signing Donovan Smith I thought was a good start, but this would really push this offseason over the top, and you're a legit juggernaut with a drastically better roster than the one you just won the Super Bowl with at every level.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:21 PM 05-26-2023
It wasn't just the draft picks, he would offer FA suggestions of guys he would like to play with and they basically told him they didn't give a shit about his opinion.
Iirc, once the GB GM told him "you're just the QB."

I mean, i know how i'd react to that.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 02:21 PM 05-26-2023
It's like people forgot that he's played 19 games in the last 2 seasons, including a suspension for PEDs.

The Chiefs are more than capable of winning a Super Bowl without him. Let some other desperate team overpay for him.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:22 PM 05-26-2023
Iirc, once the GB GM told him "you're just the QB."

I mean, i know how i'd react to that.
And people wonder why he didn't show up at OTA's and completely changed the way he acted toward the organization.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:23 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
It's like people forgot that he's played 19 games in the last 2 seasons, including a suspension for PEDs.

The Chiefs are more than capable of winning a Super Bowl without him. Let some other desperate team overpay for him.
Yea it's like people forget he put up 64 catches and 700 yards in 9 games with backup QB's last year.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:24 PM 05-26-2023
Cap dudes, so how much are the Cardinals gonna be paying him to not be on their team?
[Reply]
Mecca 02:25 PM 05-26-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Cap dudes, so how much are the Cardinals gonna be paying him to not be on their team?
It's like 21 million.

They are intentionally eating it now because they are creating the room to dump Kyler Murray next year.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:26 PM 05-26-2023
And people wonder why he didn't show up at OTA's and completely changed the way he acted toward the organization.

Yeah, and I'm not absolving Rodgers either. it's not like he made things easy for the FO up to that point either.

But saying that to your future first ballot HOF SB-winning QB, and the face of your team for over a dozen years to that point, in a public forum . . . that was the year I told my GB buddy that Aaron should just ask to be traded. I know I would've said some impolite things to my boss after that, just saying.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 326
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up