ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 199
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
FloridaMan88 11:30 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Good Gawd! Mofo's in here crying like it's the end of the Chiefs. :-)

Chiefs might have a bit of a down year but overall this can make the Chiefs a better team for a longer amount of time.
A "down year", a "step back year"... whatever bullshit spin you want to call it is not acceptable when it involves potentially wasting a year when Mahomes is in the prime of his career.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:30 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
That's silly. The Chiefs were rewarded for being loyal.

Not only did they keep him on a cheap contract, they also got a SB out of him.
Except his contract wasn't cheap.

Hill's cap hit would have been $21M this year - highest in the league for a WR and $3M more than the #2.

Not saying anything about loyalty but the idea that his deal was heavily slanted towards the team is false.
[Reply]
chiefswillriseup 11:30 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I think we got a better deal doing business w/ dolphins then.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:30 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The Tyreek hate is just :-)

Dudes, calm down.

How you gonna fault a man for taking the money someone says your worth?

GTFO with that shit.

He was great for us, it's over. On to the next star player we'll all fall in love with.
He deserves every penny it was like Jamaal Charles playing WR
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:31 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
So at best you were probably getting one of the Jets picks at the top of the 2nd round. At least with 29…you’re getting that 5th year option.
35, 38 and their 3rd for Hill and 103
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:31 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
For the "it will be no trouble to draft a WR to replace Tyreek" crowd... look at the Chiefs history of getting immediate/starting impacts from their rookie WR's under Andy Reid... it is terrible.
Yeah? Which rookie WR's are we talking about?

The Chiefs have yet to put any real draft investment at the position. We have no sample size here.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:32 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
35, 38 and their 3rd for Hill and 103
I would have been okay with either deal.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 11:32 AM 03-23-2022
Defenses in the AFC west especially now are much less stressed for sure. Now that Andy doesn't have his human joystick toy any longer it will be interesting how conducts play calling not having defenses to specifically compensate for TH every time he was on the field.

I think this will work against us in the long run. Sad to say. But I get it, it is a business.:-)
[Reply]
dirk digler 11:32 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
It will be interesting to see if this results in a new England style passing attack focused on getting the ball out in <2.5 seconds to totally neuter the pass rush acquisitions of our division rivals.
Wonder who the best WR is to do that....maybe the fastest\quickest guy in the NFL. I blame Veach and nagy for this shit.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:32 AM 03-23-2022
Chris Olave new WR for Chiefs
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 11:32 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
If they trade away Tyreek for Jameson Williams, Veach should officially be on the hotseat. No way do you take a WR with an injury when you have 2 firsts and 2 seconds in this draft.
Hit on a wide receiver in this draft and you can literally replace Tyreek and have the 4 extra draft picks plus all that cap space. Again, Im sure Vikings fans were prerty damn pissed about the Diggs trade until you turn that into Justin Jefferson on rookie contract $.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:32 AM 03-23-2022
I would imagine you could get Tyler Lockett from the Seahawks for a bag of chips if you are willing to take on the salary.

Its in the best interest of the Chiefs to use all those top 103 picks this year on restocking the roster with cheap rookie contracts.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:33 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I would have been okay with either deal.
I’d have been underwhelmed by either but I guess I prefer Miami’s
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:33 AM 03-23-2022
I remember this time last year when everyone was picking the Bengals to go the SB....

:-) there is soooooo much roster building left, sooooo much football to be played.

Ya'll need to step away from the bridge. It's gonna be ok, dudes! Relax. Lol.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:33 AM 03-23-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
:-) that makes Veach look even worse. Absolutely no need to accept the offers and rush a deal today and let Hill choose which shit sandwich you're served. Let them get desperate and up their offer between now and the draft. If they back off, oh noes, you get one more year of Hill and open the trade talks after the Bowl next year with a tag & trade when you have the maximum number of potential trade partners possible.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 199
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up