ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 23 of 173
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****
Dante84 06:41 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Mahomes knew Rashee Rice was his guy after throwing with him in Dallas.@AdamLefkoe with the scoop �� pic.twitter.com/X8ZAab22kM

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) April 29, 2023

Rashee Rice | WR | SMU

One of the best WR prospects at the catch point and winning leverage mid-route. He consistently sets up defenders to put them on his back, locates the ball, and attacks it at the highest point.

Skill set is wild for a 6' 200lb WR. pic.twitter.com/ClxW4SJvi5

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 16, 2023

Rashee Rice was drafted with pick 55 of round 2 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 9.53 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 145 out of 3062 WR from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/lwD9tvVPvv pic.twitter.com/YjucxErSE1

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

[Reply]
jonzie04 09:34 PM 04-28-2023
Crazy how involved mahomes is in the draft process. I love the leadership style of Veach how it gets everyone involved, and seems to take ego out of the equation.

And if this is mahomes guy, which he is, why the fuck would anyone be upset taking him over Hyatt.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:34 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
It's more than measurements, it's playing style.

When you watch some Rice tape, he does Hopkins things. The high-pointing the ball. The fighting through contact for the catch. The stuff Hopkins did in Houston that made people think Deshaun Watson was good. You see Rice do those things.

The run after catch stuff. He's an extremely similar skillset.

No, I'm not saying he's going to be as successful in the NFL as Hopkins, but I can tell you he's a very similar TYPE of receiver with a lot of the same ATTRIBUTES. He's of that style. Not a Hill, not a Waddle, not a DK Metcalf. He's like a Hopkins-type receiver.

Now, he's going to have to clean up his routes, like almost every draftee, and he sometimes has the dropsies on easy catches, which tells me he's trying to run before securing the ball. But these aren't unfixable flaws. The raw material is there.

Without them, he's a top ten pick.

I'll take my chances with Reid, Nagy, and Mahomes to get his best football out of him.
I've always respected your "football eyes" and it's obvious you have played "the game". You are always accurate and consistent and this particular assessment of Rice's talent mirroring Hopkins IS SPOT ON !!! He is an "acrobatic baller" and the fact he thrives in contested space still making the catch IS HUGE especially in the NFL. Very rarely do WRs in the NFL not have to deal with contested space especially in the RED ZONE. This kid will be HUGE in the red zone, just watch.:-)
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:36 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
There's like 6-8 hardcore draft nerds on the board, right?

And to a person each of them love this pick and most were on the player WELL before some of the media sorts were.

I'll take the wisdom of that particular crowd over...well, the other guys in this thread....100 times out of 100.

I’m convinced those 6-8 hardcore draft nerds have better takes on the draft and draft prospects than a good portion of the “professional” guys.

For me, the things that stand out about Rice are:
Explosive leaping ability (vertical and broad)
Elite 10- and 20-yard splits
Above average agility drill times

That’s the profile of a receiver who does the things that they need to do to work in Reid’s system.

I see some Jeremy Maclin/Stafon Diggs components to his game as a route runner/receiver, but with a bigger catch radius and plucker hands.

I still was excited about Tillman and would have pulled the trigger there, but getting one of Mingo/Tillman/Rice is a plus.

My main regret re: Mingo is that we won’t get to make Tombstone memes for his whole career.
[Reply]
Dante84 09:37 PM 04-28-2023
In the presser just now, Borgonzi just (essentially) confirmed that Rice was working out with Patrick but they didn't want anyone to know...
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 09:38 PM 04-28-2023
Man, you know, shit happens, who knows?

But the raw material is there, Mahomes liked him after working with him, we have the best offensive coaching staff in football. He's going to have every advantage.

If he WANTS to be great, he's certainly in the best position to be.
AMEN !!
[Reply]
Iconic 09:46 PM 04-28-2023
Dunno if it has been mentioned or not, but his tape is not even his final form lol. He played most of his games nursing a broken toe and still found a way to lead the country in receiving yards.

Now try to imagine what he'd have done fully healthy.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:48 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I’m convinced those 6-8 hardcore draft nerds have better takes on the draft and draft prospects than a good portion of the “professional” guys.

For me, the things that stand out about Rice are:
Explosive leaping ability (vertical and broad)
Elite 10- and 20-yard splits
Above average agility drill times

That’s the profile of a receiver who does the things that they need to do to work in Reid’s system.

I see some Jeremy Maclin/Stafon Diggs components to his game as a route runner/receiver, but with a bigger catch radius and plucker hands.

I still was excited about Tillman and would have pulled the trigger there, but getting one of Mingo/Tillman/Rice is a plus.

My main regret re: Mingo is that we won’t get to make Tombstone memes for his whole career.
Being a draft guy is just about time and the ability to judge guys...
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:51 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
^this

Willing to bet Hyatt has a better season than Rice.
Hyatt went to the Giants so we will never know now.

He's career is already over
[Reply]
Mecca 09:52 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

Ahaha

That's harsh.
[Reply]
Iconic 09:52 PM 04-28-2023
smh hyatt draftubators already making excuses
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:56 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Iconic:
smh hyatt draftubators already making excuses
See: Giant Toney vs Chief Toney
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:57 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

Oh, I'm sure Veach will pick him up for a late 3rd in '24 for the stretch run.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:04 PM 04-28-2023
It's more than measurements, it's playing style.

When you watch some Rice tape, he does Hopkins things. The high-pointing the ball. The fighting through contact for the catch. The stuff Hopkins did in Houston that made people think Deshaun Watson was good. You see Rice do those things.

The run after catch stuff. He's an extremely similar skillset.

No, I'm not saying he's going to be as successful in the NFL as Hopkins, but I can tell you he's a very similar TYPE of receiver with a lot of the same ATTRIBUTES. He's of that style. Not a Hill, not a Waddle, not a DK Metcalf. He's like a Hopkins-type receiver.

Now, he's going to have to clean up his routes, like almost every draftee, and he sometimes has the dropsies on easy catches, which tells me he's trying to run before securing the ball. But these aren't unfixable flaws. The raw material is there.

Without them, he's a top ten pick.

I'll take my chances with Reid, Nagy, and Mahomes to get his best football out of him.
I very much enjoyed the Bold and am glad I’m not the only one to see it that way. If you think there is a guy like that you have to take the shot on him becoming that guy. It’s rare that it happens, but that shit is valuable.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:10 PM 04-28-2023
Ok, I've been watching everything I can about this guy tonight. He is absolutely going to produce for us and could push starting wr territory. This guy is good, I'm pumped. After watching everything I have I actually like him better than Mingo and I was obsessed with Mingo.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:16 PM 04-28-2023
I figured out who he reminds me of...he's very similar to what Michael Gallup was when he got drafted.
[Reply]
Page 23 of 173
« First < 131920212223 242526273373123 > Last »
Up