ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 224 of 226
« First < 124174214220221222223224 225226 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 07-03-2023
Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
Recruiting Class
Rivals
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 05:24 PM 07-16-2024
SEC Commisioner Greg Sankey is not happy with the Missouri NIL Laws. It looks like he's trying to stick a pin in Mizzous upcoming success.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/coll...36b359457.html
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:34 PM 07-16-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Duncan....

I know it is a bit early but what do you see as the starting 11 on defense and offense for Mizzou this year?

Cook
Carroll or Noel
Burden, Wease, Cooper
Norfleet
Bryant
Green (laughs at Oklahoma)
Tollison
Johnson
Membou

Walker
Kristian Williams
McClellan
Zion Young

Newsome
Hicks

Pride
Norwood
Carnell
Charleston
Burks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
jjchieffan 08:52 PM 08-02-2024
Schrader looking good for the forty whiners. I want him to be successful. But man it's going to suck knowing that he was a free agent and didn't sign with the Chiefs if he is.

The 49ers should really consider never drafting a running back in the first four rounds of the NFL draft

Another player on the San Francisco 49ers is pushing their stock higher.

That player is undrafted free agent running back Cody Schrader. There is almost always a guarantee that whenever the 49ers bring an undrafted running back into training camp that they end up finding a gem. Schrader could very well end up as that gem given how solid he's reportedly looked.

“I think Cody is doing a good job," said Kyle Shanahan. "He’s gotten a number of reps, especially having an injury with Isaac [Guerendo], taking care of Christian [McCaffrey] every few days. He has taken advantage of his opportunities. Really liked him coming out of college and he's getting be better each day.”

Schrader has to continue to capitalize on these opportunities. He doesn't have that much equity that can coerce the 49ers into retaining him. All it takes is a couple of bad practices for Shanahan to start to be down on him.

It took an injury to Guerendo for him to get this chance and be noticed, so he needs to keep his foot floored on the gas pedal. Should he end up sustaining his solid performances in training camp, then the next step will be to take it into the preseason games.
If he does that, then there is a real shot he makes the team. The running back room is already crowded with Christian McCaffrey, Jordan Mason, and Elijah Mitchell guaranteed a spot. That means only one more running back will get it. Guerendo was expected to make it, but his hamstring injury can see him placed on the shelf and leaving a spot open.

That spot can be Schrader's to have. Schrader is a perfect example for why the 49ers should never draft a running back early. All of their drafted running backs who went in the first four rounds have never panned out, while their late round or undrafted running backs have found success.

It's trending towards being that case again with how Schrader is looking with Guerendo on the mend.
[Reply]
dlphg9 09:19 PM 08-02-2024
I hate that we weren't able to bring him into camp. It's not like we're loaded at RB. He could have been a damn good #2.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:27 PM 08-02-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I hate that we weren't able to bring him into camp. It's not like we're loaded at RB. He could have been a damn good #2.
Have no idea why we didn't try to bring him in.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:59 PM 08-02-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Have no idea why we didn't try to bring him in.
I wonder if we did try? I lean towards no because you think he'd want to come here for several reasons.

Mahomes
Playoff success
Close to where he went to school

Maybe he did pick the 49ers over the Chiefs because they run the ball alot more than the Chiefs.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:39 AM 08-03-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I wonder if we did try? I lean towards no because you think he'd want to come here for several reasons.

Mahomes
Playoff success
Close to where he went to school

Maybe he did pick the 49ers over the Chiefs because they run the ball alot more than the Chiefs.
I am guessing he had someone whispering in his ear that the 49er's were a better fit for him to maybe get playing time? Like his agent?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:29 PM 08-05-2024
First coaches poll puts Mizzou at 11.

I'll take it.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:54 PM 08-05-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
First coaches poll puts Mizzou at 11.

I'll take it.
Should be higher but I agree...
[Reply]
Jerm 01:55 PM 08-05-2024
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
SEC Commisioner Greg Sankey is not happy with the Missouri NIL Laws. It looks like he's trying to stick a pin in Mizzous upcoming success.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/coll...36b359457.html
So UGA, Bama, Texas, and OU I'm sure cried to him and he says this...Sankey can fuck off.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 05:23 PM 08-05-2024
I don't get all the Ole Miss love.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 07:32 PM 08-07-2024
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Jayvan Boggs, a four-star wide receiver from Cocoa, Florida has committed to Mizzou on this Fourth of July — announcing his commitment live on the Rivals Instagram page

I guess that there should be a 2024-2025 season thread for this. I thought about starting one. But with my work schedule, I don't have the time to update the OP. There are better posters than me that will maintain the OP with recruiting updates, schedule, etc.
This kid can't make up his mind. We flipped him from Ohio State, today UCF flipped him from us. SMH
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:28 PM 08-07-2024
This kid can't make up his mind. We flipped him from Ohio State, today UCF flipped him from us. SMH
Saw that. Good thing we have a bunch of nice WRs coming in (and a stable that are already here.)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:14 PM 08-07-2024
Yeah - commits don’t mean a thing until pen is put to paper.

And even ‘flipped him’ is a bit of a misnomer. Someone threw a better NIL deal at him.

I still think college football is just kinda gross these days.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:37 PM 08-07-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Yeah - commits don’t mean a thing until pen is put to paper.

And even ‘flipped him’ is a bit of a misnomer. Someone threw a better NIL deal at him.

I still think college football is just kinda gross these days.
Yeah, there was definitely an issue before and they tried to fix it but they've went from one extreme to another.
[Reply]
Page 224 of 226
« First < 124174214220221222223224 225226 >
Up