ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 221 of 223
« First < 121171211217218219220221 222223 >
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 07-03-2023
Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
Recruiting Class
Rivals
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:33 PM 07-05-2024
I should probably save this for the NEW reposity for 24-25, but these two WRs gets are pretty awesome.

Boggs was player of the year in Florida for his class, and was also awarded the overall player of the year award (any class). Super productive guy with good upside.

The staff is on a recruiting heater. In good shape for 4-star Texas OG Lamont Rogers (top 100 guy) and a few more players (3-star OT, 4-star S Charles Bass of East St. Louis).

It really is astounding to see what Drinkwitz has been able to do on the recruiting trail. combination of aggressiveness, good strategy, favorable NIL laws in the state, a good NIL plan, and good recruiters on staff.
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:43 PM 07-05-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I should probably save this for the NEW reposity for 24-25, but these two WRs gets are pretty awesome.

Boggs was player of the year in Florida for his class, and was also awarded the overall player of the year award (any class). Super productive guy with good upside.

The staff is on a recruiting heater. In good shape for 4-star Texas OG Lamont Rogers (top 100 guy) and a few more players (3-star OT, 4-star S Charles Bass of East St. Louis).

It really is astounding to see what Drinkwitz has been able to do on the recruiting trail. combination of aggressiveness, good strategy, favorable NIL laws in the state, a good NIL plan, and good recruiters on staff.
Crazy just how good the recruiters are for Basketball and Football at Mizzou. Are Gates and Drink the best recruiting duo we've ever had at Mizzou?
[Reply]
dlphg9 02:59 PM 07-05-2024
What are the chances we get Iose Epenesa 5 star DT?
[Reply]
Jerm 03:18 PM 07-05-2024
What we’re seeing is exactly why I thought one of the blue bloods would take a shot on Drinkwitz and hire him away…if he has another great season, he’ll be the hottest candidate in the nation no?

Not trying to fear monger or say he’s leaving or anything but the recruiting has to be getting some of the big boys’ attention…I just find these situations interesting as hell, when you’re the king how long do you rebuff approaches and just build on what you have. Chris Peterson did it for years….but on the flip side Matt Campbell did it too and now look at his stock.

Fascinating stuff.
[Reply]
|Zach| 03:27 PM 07-05-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
It took a long time for me to wrap my head around this and it was even in this thread. I kept seeing us get these recruits and I would ask....how are we getting these guys why would they go here? Some people around here would respond NIL money! And all I could think was yea I get that but other places have NIL money as well.

I think Missouri being a singular and premier college in the state has gone a long way for a lot of different entities to come together and make the bag we get v v big. Combine that with having humans who are really great at recruiting.

It really feels like we can compete the the blue bloods in ways we never could. If we can just keep thing thing going....
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:06 PM 07-05-2024
Originally Posted by Jerm:
What we’re seeing is exactly why I thought one of the blue bloods would take a shot on Drinkwitz and hire him away…if he has another great season, he’ll be the hottest candidate in the nation no?

Not trying to fear monger or say he’s leaving or anything but the recruiting has to be getting some of the big boys’ attention…I just find these situations interesting as hell, when you’re the king how long do you rebuff approaches and just build on what you have. Chris Peterson did it for years….but on the flip side Matt Campbell did it too and now look at his stock.

Fascinating stuff.
Gonna go out on a limb here. I think Drinkwitz is in the Pinkel zone, for better or for worse.

He would need to go to a real blue blood school to do a clear upgrade from our (elite) bag men and I don't see a USC/Ohio State/Michigan knocking on the door.

A Florida or Tennessee wouldn't be worth it for him.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 04:13 PM 07-05-2024
4/5* guard likely to commit tomorrow. More to come after that.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 04:17 PM 07-05-2024
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
Gonna go out on a limb here. I think Drinkwitz is in the Pinkel zone, for better or for worse.

He would need to go to a real blue blood school to do a clear upgrade from our (elite) bag men and I don't see a USC/Ohio State/Michigan knocking on the door.

A Florida or Tennessee wouldn't be worth it for him.
What does this even mean? Drink is getting paid $9M a year to build a program here, where he convinced the Missouri legislature to approve the most advantageous NIL deals. Pinkel’s era wasn’t even close to this environment. Sure, Drink will likely leave at some point, but he’s already set the stage for Missouri to continue to be competitive in the long term.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:27 PM 07-05-2024
Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541:
What does this even mean? Drink is getting paid $9M a year to build a program here, where he convinced the Missouri legislature to approve the most advantageous NIL deals. Pinkel’s era wasn’t even close to this environment. Sure, Drink will likely leave at some point, but he’s already set the stage for Missouri to continue to be competitive in the long term.
Hm wow not surprised you couldn't figure it out.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 04:29 PM 07-05-2024
Hm wow not surprised you couldn't figure it out.
Go on please, sir. Tell me how Drink is getting the Pinkel treatment.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:29 PM 07-05-2024
Go on please, sir. Tell me how Drink is getting the Pinkel treatment.
Woosh
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 04:34 PM 07-05-2024
Woosh
Ooof. You have “poor me” old school Mizzou fan syndrome. Drink has done more for Mizzou than Pinkel ever did. And I love Pinkel. Explain your premise better or stop posting.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:35 PM 07-05-2024
Ooof. You have “poor me” old school Mizzou fan syndrome. Drink has done more for Mizzou than Pinkel ever did. And I love Pinkel. Explain your premise better or stop posting.
I did already. You're just too ****ing stupid to comprehend it.

You took a simple comparison where Eli, like Gary, probably won't land a Tier 1 CFB job and will stay because the grass is greener in Columbia vs other options.

You took that and spun it into a bunch of wacky shit and now want me to explain myself. Go fuck a tree branch.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 04:38 PM 07-05-2024
I did already. You're just too fucking stupid to comprehend it.
I think you’re just expecting the worst because you’re weak minded. It’s ok. Enjoy the ride, brother. To that end, you seem mad. You ok?
[Reply]
BryanBusby 04:39 PM 07-05-2024
I think you’re just expecting the worst because you’re weak minded. It’s ok. Enjoy the ride, brother. To that end, you seem mad. You ok?
I rest my case. God you're a fucking moron.
[Reply]
Page 221 of 223
« First < 121171211217218219220221 222223 >
Up