ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 48
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Leo Chenal Thread*****
Dante84 09:23 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Leo Chenal was drafted with pick 103 of round 3 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.99 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 3 out of 2419 LB from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/unnXwkfpiT #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/YdwWEkOnmR

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 30, 2022

The moment our newest LB got the call he was joining the Chiefs 📲 @chenal_leo pic.twitter.com/2q3fLOFoPA

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 4, 2022

[Reply]
suzzer99 11:11 PM 05-04-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
No love for Mike Maslowski?
I'll take Dino Hackett instead.
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:34 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:

I'm nowhere near a video making artist but just cause I have a boner for Chenal I threw together a little highlight vid.

this is one of the most badass videos of highlights I've seen a player great job putting it together KCrockaholic
[Reply]
Rasputin 05:38 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
No love for Mike Maslowski?
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
I'll take Dino Hackett instead.

What about Scot F U J I T A

Just miss hearing his name yelled when ever he actually made a play.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 07:52 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
this is one of the most badass videos of highlights I've seen a player great job putting it together KCrockaholic
Glad you enjoyed :-) The song fits him well
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:58 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:

I'm nowhere near a video making artist but just cause I have a boner for Chenal I threw together a little highlight vid.
As I was watching that first play vs. Michigan I was just sitting here thinking "Oh god, please get down quarterback. I really don't want to see this turn into a snuff film..."

Because man, Chenal was coming with a full head of steam and that was an on-field fatality waiting to happen...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:00 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
This is who we also signed as a UDFA that I like a lot who plays like Chenal.
This guy will make the cut IMHO. He is a baller as well.

Kinda tells me that you can make a highlight film tell any story you want it to tell.

Rose doesn't play like Chenal, man. At all. Chenal is SUBSTANTIALLY more physical. Rose can be a better version of Niemann, though. Pretty athletic kid who's comfortable in space and in delayed blitz situations.

But he's not the kind of downhill killer and aggressive run defender that Chenal is at all. In most ways he's pretty much the exact opposite (but complementary) player to Chenal.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 08:10 AM 05-05-2022

Leo Chenal was drafted with pick 103 of round 3 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.99 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 3 out of 2419 LB from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/unnXwkfpiT #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/YdwWEkOnmR

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 30, 2022

I don't know much about RAS score and if it's a good indicator of how a player will perform or how their play translates to the NFL, but 3rd out of 2419?!? Yes, please I'll take some of that
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:29 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Kinda tells me that you can make a highlight film tell any story you want it to tell.

Rose doesn't play like Chenal, man. At all. Chenal is SUBSTANTIALLY more physical. Rose can be a better version of Niemann, though. Pretty athletic kid who's comfortable in space and in delayed blitz situations.

But he's not the kind of downhill killer and aggressive run defender that Chenal is at all. In most ways he's pretty much the exact opposite (but complementary) player to Chenal.

I’m not even sure he can be better than Niemann. Not saying he can’t hang on and make the 53, but I just see nothing promising in there. Right place right time made the tackle, occasionally for a loss and/or a turnover. Like just about any other senior starting LB for a middle of the pack power 5 school
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:41 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
I’m not even sure he can be better than Niemann. Not saying he can’t hang on and make the 53, but I just see nothing promising in there. Right place right time made the tackle, occasionally for a loss and/or a turnover. Like just about any other senior starting LB for a middle of the pack power 5 school
It would need to be a consistency thing.

Niemann on his best plays would put his athleticism to good use and be a pretty good nickel LBer. But then there were his OTHER plays....

I don't know how you project consistency at the next level. If Rose can go out there and give you more of Niemann's good snaps while at least not being quite as bad as Niemann was on his bad snaps, you're in pretty decent shape there.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 09:52 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Mike Rose was the Big 12 defensive POY in 2020. He was a preseason 1st team All American on pretty much every media outlet but played through serious injuries the entire year in 2021. He played inside backer early and transitioned over to more of a coverage linebacker the latter part of his college career. He may not play with the downhill reckless abandon of Chenal but the kid is a fricken player. Please don't even compare him to Niemann. Rose is a helluva lot better player. I promise you both Hawkeye and Cyclone fans in here will agree on that.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:52 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:

I don't know much about RAS score and if it's a good indicator of how a player will perform or how their play translates to the NFL, but 3rd out of 2419?!? Yes, please I'll take some of that
RAS doesn’t indicate much about a player’s success in the NFL.

It’s really just an easy way to compile several measurables into one score.

If you’re big and athletic, you’ll score high. What this says about Chenal is that he is one big, strong, athletic mofo. The tape looks good too.

Hard to imagine him being a bad pro, but this doesn’t guarantee he’s an All Pro.

Who knows though? He has the ability, so the sky is the limit.
[Reply]
ArrowHeader 09:55 AM 05-05-2022
This kid is gonna be a mauler. He’ll put on another ten pounds and with his athleticism and attitude will be a dangerous combination. The only issue I see is him leaning too much on his physical attributes to have success. He was a man playing amongst boys in college. He’ll need to clean up his reads and technique in the pros. He’s in the perfect spot to learn, though, and Spags isn’t going to throw him into the fire right away.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 09:55 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

If you’re big and athletic, you’ll score high. What this says about Chenal is that he is one big, strong, athletic mofo. The tape looks good too.

Hard to imagine him being a bad pro, but this doesn’t guarantee he’s an All Pro.

Thanks for the explanation! I also enjoy that I called it a RAS score... like ATM machine or something...
[Reply]
xztop123 09:59 AM 05-05-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:

Depends on position. Linebacker is one position where RAS probably matters.
[Reply]
Rasputin 10:07 AM 05-05-2022
I can't wait for Leo and Karlaftis to end Russell Wilson and Tom Brady career put them both in retirement. Teams are going have their hands full with those too not to mention Bolton and Gay but I don't see them blitzing a lot but I think Leo sure will. Spags has got to be thinking sachems with Leo in mind. I bet he has wet dreams of plays with Leo sacking the quarterback or destroying a play.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 48
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up