ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 48
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Child dies at Schlitterbahn in KCK
tk13 03:29 PM 08-07-2016
This is horrifying. Supposed to be a press conference soon with more details. Rumors seem to indicate it happened on the Verrukt, the world's tallest waterslide.

Boy, 12, killed in accident at Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City, Kan., police say. https://t.co/Msn6QJO1ZS pic.twitter.com/gse0gZvIC6

— Alex Johnson (@MAlexJohnson) August 7, 2016

[Reply]
RINGLEADER 05:02 PM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by DaFace:
On top of that, "decapitation" is a term that is used pretty loosely in these situations. I can certainly buy that he had a traumatic neck injury causing serious damage, but I seriously doubt that his head came rolling down completely separated from his body. It's hard to do that cleanly with a blade, let alone a blunt object.
You didn't see any of that great protester vs tank footage from the Turkish (almost) coup a few weeks ago.
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:29 PM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I kind of half-wonder if he didn't come out of the raft. The force required for decapitation makes me wonder if he was still strapped in, and then his body got pulled forward with great force while his head was hung up in the netting or on a pole or something. If he really came out of the raft, I could see a serious injury or death, but not that catastrophic of an injury if he was only hitting at 25 mph or so.
I said the same thing talking to my wife last night
[Reply]
SAUTO 06:30 PM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
You didn't see any of that great protester vs tank footage from the Turkish (almost) coup a few weeks ago.
No. Link?
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:45 PM 08-12-2016
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:

Missed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Lzen 09:46 AM 08-18-2016
http://www.wibw.com/content/news/Wom...390505272.html

KANSAS CITY, Kan. (WIBW) -- The two women hurt in a deadly accident on the Verruckt Water Slide at the Schlitterbahn Water Park in Kansas City say they may pursue legal action.

The two women released a statement through their attorney on Wednesday.

"We are pursuing a thorough investigation of this tragic event to insure that any and all measures are taken to prevent this from ever happening again. Being mothers ourselves, we can only hope that Caleb's family can find some comfort in knowing we are doing everything we know how to do to stop something so tragic from occurring again to any other family!"
The two women were in the raft with 10-year-old Caleb Schwab, who died in the accident. They suffered facial injuries in the accident.

Their attorney said he and his firm are in the process of investigating the event and want to ensure all measures are taken to prevent this from happening again.

Schlitterbahn requires the three riders on the Verruckt to weigh between 400 and 550 pounds before going down the slide.

According to medical records obtained by the Kansas City Police Department, the two women weighed 275 lbs. and 197 lbs. The police department said after the autopsy was performed, it was concluded that Caleb weighed 73 lbs.

The Verruckt Water Slide will remain closed the rest of the season as the investigation continues.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:48 AM 08-18-2016
Now they're going to sue the news for fat shaming them.
[Reply]
patteeu 09:53 AM 08-18-2016
I wonder if the problem had anything to do with such a disparity in the riders sizes. :-)
[Reply]
eDave 10:00 AM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by Lzen:
the two women weighed 275 lbs. and 197 lbs.
Sounds about right. Last time I went to a waterpark her in phoenix, this looks to be the range. With around a 50% tattoo/bareskin ratio. And too many bikini's on women who should not be wearing a bikini.

Water parks are gross and these chicks intake of food and Mountain Dew is the root cause for this horrible accident. Sue them.
[Reply]
eDave 10:02 AM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:
I wonder if the problem had anything to do with such a disparity in the riders sizes. :-)
Yup. Uneven distribution, with the lightest by far, up front. Like the theory.
[Reply]
Strongside 10:10 AM 08-18-2016
Jesus, she could ride solo.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:12 AM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by eDave:
Sounds about right. Last time I went to a waterpark her in phoenix, this looks to be the range. With around a 50% tattoo/bareskin ratio. And too many bikini's on women who should not be wearing a bikini.

Water parks are gross and these chicks intake of food and Mountain Dew is the root cause for this horrible accident. Sue them.
It's not at all that way up here. We went to a water park in Minneapolis a few weeks ago and just about everyone was fit. It was pretty awesome.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:17 AM 08-18-2016
So they're going to "prevent this from ever happening again" by grabbing all the cash they can?
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:21 AM 08-18-2016
They're also trying to prevent anyone from ever getting food poisoning again by eating it all.
[Reply]
Fish 10:22 AM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
So they're going to "prevent this from ever happening again" by grabbing all the cash they can?
Yeah, they sure went out of their way to call it anything other than the money grad that it is...
[Reply]
Lzen 10:22 AM 08-18-2016
Originally Posted by patteeu:
That thought crossed my mind, as well.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 48
« First < 121819202122 2324252632 > Last »
Up