ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 30
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs and Jones agree to new deal
Sassy Squatch 09:42 PM 03-09-2024

�� �� ��

The #Chiefs and All-Pro DT Chris Jones have a blockbuster deal to keep him in KC, per his agents @KatzBrosSports. The top free agent is off the market and a huge move for the champs. �� pic.twitter.com/BHmM49TCtt

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 10, 2024

Chiefs and five-time Pro-Bowl DT Chris Jones reached agreement on a record 5-year deal that includes $95 million guaranteed and allows KC to keep its best defender before free agency begins, per his agents, @KatzBrosSports.

Deal is expected to be the highest average salary ever… pic.twitter.com/aRidQ0309z

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 10, 2024

[Reply]
philfree 05:04 PM 03-10-2024
I'm not worried about Mr. Chris not living up to this contract. I think him and the other stars on this team understand where this team is historically, and it matters to them. I fully expect Jones to ball out this season to achieve the 3-peat and extend the dynasty. Mahomes, Kelce and Jones will lead this team through the season and it's going to be great. Can't wait!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:06 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I mean, getting picks is great. But sometimes you need to get difference-making talent. At some point, having a deep roster of good players can be trumped by a roster with a few superstars.
To me, it’s all about balance and understanding who you are as a franchise.

I agree with trading Sneed because we have so much success finding DBs.

I agree with paying Jones, because we haven’t found as much DT talent. Some nice players but nothing like Jones.
[Reply]
Kiimo 05:12 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I mean, getting picks is great. But sometimes you need to get difference-making talent. At some point, having a deep roster of good players can be trumped by a roster with a few superstars.

Yeah and I don't see a lot wrong with his philosophy in a vacuum he's just so annoyingly adamant that it's the ONLY way and 100% a done deal that Chris is gone and that's the only way to win.

It's like, hey Soren I like you but you aren't doing yourself any favors acting like you know how to run a team better than Veach who keeps winning Super Bowls.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 05:21 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
Yeah and I don't see a lot wrong with his philosophy in a vacuum he's just so annoyingly adamant that it's the ONLY way and 100% a done deal that Chris is gone and that's the only way to win.

It's like, hey Soren I like you but you aren't doing yourself any favors acting like you know how to run a team better than Veach who keeps winning Super Bowls.
And that’s really the key point.

The know it all shit works when the team sucks. It sounds dumb to say “I told you so” in the middle of a dynasty.
[Reply]
KCJake 05:30 PM 03-10-2024
I love Chris Jones. For sure top 3 DT of my lifetime. I wanna get excited about this contract. I just can’t help but think the money could of been better spent somewhere else. It seems like everybody’s really happy and I hate to be that guy, idk..
[Reply]
neech 05:30 PM 03-10-2024
I just have bad memories of Frank Clark signing a big contract with the Chiefs and he was sick with the stomach flu half of the time. He would show up for the playoffs for what that's worth.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 05:37 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by KCJake:
I love Chris Jones. For sure top 3 DT of my lifetime. I wanna get excited about this contract. I just can’t help but think the money could of been better spent somewhere else. It seems like everybody’s really happy and I hate to be that guy, idk..
Don't worry. They insult me more than any. You thoughts are not crazy. Only another another title make the contract worth it.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 05:39 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by philfree:
I'm not worried about Mr. Chris not living up to this contract. I think him and the other stars on this team understand where this team is historically, and it matters to them. I fully expect Jones to ball out this season to achieve the 3-peat and extend the dynasty. Mahomes, Kelce and Jones will lead this team through the season and it's going to be great. Can't wait!
This is the way.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 05:41 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:

You like Soren Petro? Really?
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:47 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
I don't follow him.

But I think it would be pretty easy to just switch and say,

Well, time will tell if KC overpaid.

If Jones also earns the full value of his contract during the long regular season, that would be great. I'm not really expecting that.

Which isn't me saying Jones isn't going to be good. But he's going to be paid a little under 2 million a game? Now obviously every player has better or worse games and not everything they do shows up in a stat sheet etc. But I will be pleasantly surprised to see ~2 M of performance game in game out...

I see it as good regular season but then as keeping him especially for the post season and maybe key moments in the regular season. And perhaps other things like leadership or whatever you want to call it.

I can see why people are excited. I hope it pays off.

But time will tell...
If Chris can stay healthy like Fletcher Cox it will be worth it.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 05:49 PM 03-10-2024
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profoo...dt-chris-jones

Not to bad a deal

Here are the full details on the new Chris Jones deal: https://t.co/EZ9jTZozkc

— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) March 10, 2024

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 05:59 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by BossChief:
What if Veach drafts another Chris Jones?
Then Pat will surpass Tom in total SB wins.:-)
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 06:07 PM 03-10-2024
Looks like Clark stepped in to get it done...

Clark Hunt! ����*����
A+

— Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) March 10, 2024

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:15 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Okay that’s a good tweet by Jones. Obvious shade at the NFLPA survey.
...and it proves exactly what I said. It's all about that Contract. Money means everything.
[Reply]
Smed1065 06:15 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Wow Veach unloaded the cap for the man. He paid him what he wanted.

I fully expect a Mahomes restructure tomorrow and a Sneed trade soon. Need to crush this next draft to offset this contract.
Sneed gonna be here for least 1 year.
[Reply]
Page 22 of 30
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up