« First < 119169209215216217218219 220221222223229269 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>BURROWHEAD: Bengals talking a lot of sh1ttttt
NIUhuskies 08:39 AM 01-24-2023
I love that are doing this. Probably not smart to poke the bear
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:22 PM 01-01-2024
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Did you hear anything about how you had lost 3 of 4 before the Bengals game and were only able to get in the EZ once against a really bad defense and beat a team with a backup by only one score?
Well, no. But at least we're hearing things about our playoff chances.

You're hearing this:

[Reply]
RunKC 10:26 PM 01-01-2024
Also the Bengals are in trouble. Their defense has regressed badly and I'm not sure if they'll keep Higgins. If you guys are smart you'll do what we did and trade Higgins for assets to reload in the draft.

Burrow is no longer on a rookie contract. His cap hit goes up big time. 12th highest paid QB next year
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:33 PM 01-01-2024
It's not the same, but because of the Chiefs struggles, the difficulties kind of are. The Ravens have a history of choking but they have a brutal team, with Lamar playing well, their running game and the defense.

The Browns are another team because they have a playoff proven QB with a running game and defense and the Bills are playing well now and just beat you.

This just isn't the same Chiefs teams like the last few years. If the playoffs started today your most likely path would be hosting the Bills, @Miami and @Baltimore. Things could fall your way and you could host the Browns for the AFCCG but that's not an automatic W either. And none of that takes into account if the Steelers D makes it in or Stroud's Texans.
Like I said, I think most are in the "so you're saying there's a chance" state of mind. The big games of the year to look back on, plus Mahomes, plus the defense gives me confidence they'll be in any game they play (looking forward to the playoffs, I really don't give a shit about not showing up in Denver or whatever the fuck happened a couple weekends ago).

Like you said, they are who they are, and that's not a solid 1 seed SB contender this year... they're "playoff contender," which I consider a divisonal round appearance to be about the expected outcome. I'd be surprised if they aren't a tough out though, no matter who they play.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:36 PM 01-01-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Unfortunately there is some truth to this. The Ravens are undoubtedly the best team in the AFC this year so they earned the 1 seed. The Chiefs are the 2nd or 3rd best as their seed indicates. I'd say we are right there with Buffalo for 2nd best team.

But you're nuts if you think any team outside the Ravens is undoubtedly better than us at the moment, and even Ravens fans don't want to face Patrick Mahomes if they don't have to.

If the Chiefs did make the Super Bowl, why would they fear the Eagles who are falling apart? Why would they fear the 49ers who they beat in the same way 4 years ago with an inexperienced game manager on the worlds biggest stage?

The NFL in general outside of the Ravens is down this year. They just aren't as good. They're flawed teams dealing with issues just like us.
I'm not saying anyone, in a one off, is undoubtedly better. Just that the Ravens, Browns and Bills could cause a lot of trouble. I don't believe in Miami, the Jags, the Colts, Texans or Steelers. Out of that group though, the Steelers could cause some stress with their ball control and pass rush.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:39 PM 01-01-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Well, no. But at least we're hearing things about our playoff chances.

You're hearing this:

Sweet. So you get to play in one more game and have a worst draft position. Dream big, champ.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:41 PM 01-01-2024
just a few weeks ago this was you

That still wouldn't kill them if they win the other 4 and a couple other things fall in place.

Then, they can eek through a playoff game game or two and give Burrow a chance to get healthy before returning to KC to end your season, again.

you WANTONLY CELEBRATED hosing your own draft position to play in the postseason with JAKE BROWNING and now you're crowing about ours?

:-) fuck off, ringless loser
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 10:43 PM 01-01-2024
Burrow is Marino.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:43 PM 01-01-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Like I said, I think most are in the "so you're saying there's a chance" state of mind. The big games of the year to look back on, plus Mahomes, plus the defense gives me confidence they'll be in any game they play (looking forward to the playoffs, I really don't give a shit about not showing up in Denver or whatever the fuck happened a couple weekends ago).

Like you said, they are who they are, and that's not a solid 1 seed SB contender this year... they're "playoff contender," which I consider a divisonal round appearance to be about the expected outcome. I'd be surprised if they aren't a tough out though, no matter who they play.
Honestly despite the offensive issues KC has dealt with this year, they would still be the one AFC team I would not want to face in the playoffs if I was a fan of a different team. The defense is elite and they still have a HOF TE, the best HC in football and the best QB/player in the league. There’s not a team in the league with the playoff experience of the Chiefs and that could be a huge difference maker once the lights get brightest.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:45 PM 01-01-2024
I'm not saying anyone, in a one off, is undoubtedly better. Just that the Ravens, Browns and Bills could cause a lot of trouble. I don't believe in Miami, the Jags, the Colts, Texans or Steelers. Out of that group though, the Steelers could cause some stress with their ball control and pass rush.
I don’t see the Steelers as a problem. Their QB situation is just not good at all.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 10:49 PM 01-01-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Also the Bengals are in trouble. Their defense has regressed badly and I'm not sure if they'll keep Higgins. If you guys are smart you'll do what we did and trade Higgins for assets to reload in the draft.

Burrow is no longer on a rookie contract. His cap hit goes up big time. 12th highest paid QB next year
Burrow's cap hit is only 29M next year and doesn't hit 50 until 2027. As bad as the defense has been, the position isn't so much different. PPG has been a wash compared to the last 2. The biggest thing this year was bad tackling which lead to a big difference in rYPG. They've always been a bend but don't break team, they just spent too much time on the field this year.

Dax has a full season now and Jordan Battle actually played best @safety this year after he took over for Nick Scott. He's a better Vonn Bell. Their biggest hole to fill will be DJ Reader, if he doesn't come back. All of their problems are fixable and they're in excellent shape with the cap.
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:56 PM 01-01-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Honestly despite the offensive issues KC has dealt with this year, they would still be the one AFC team I would not want to face in the playoffs if I was a fan of a different team. The defense is elite and they still have a HOF TE, the best HC in football and the best QB/player in the league. There’s not a team in the league with the playoff experience of the Chiefs and that could be a huge difference maker once the lights get brightest.
I think that's so incredibly underrated.

Even Mahomes and team with Kelce and Tyreek had issues in the early years, being shutout at halftime of the first AFCCG, and then 24-0 the following season. They overcame it because Mahomes is that fucking special and he had the talent around him, but still.

We've seen this Ravens team before, just a few seasons ago. We all got good and scared of the Jags last year and they really weren't much of a threat... etc, etc. Every year, inexperienced teams getting a taste of real pressure in the real season. Obviously, nothing is 100% or 0%... the Ravens could be that good, and of course the Chiefs' issues could just be too much to overcome.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:07 PM 01-01-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I think that's so incredibly underrated.

Even Mahomes and team with Kelce and Tyreek had issues in the early years, being shutout at halftime of the first AFCCG, and then 24-0 the following season. They overcame it because Mahomes is that fucking special and he had the talent around him, but still.

We've seen this Ravens team before, just a few seasons ago. We all got good and scared of the Jags last year and they really weren't much of a threat... etc, etc. Every year, inexperienced teams getting a taste of real pressure in the real season. Obviously, nothing is 100% or 0%... the Ravens could be that good, and of course the Chiefs' issues could just be too much to overcome.
Completely agree. The Patriots were the team no one liked seeing in the playoffs because how money they were in the playoffs. They didn’t win every year, but they were always a threat to win it all. They weren’t always the best team or most talented, but they had that experience. I feel like that way with KC this year. They are not the most talented team this year, but they are not a team devoid of talent. We will see as you said if KC can overcome their issues or not.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 11:09 PM 01-01-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
I get the feeling you're expressing as a fan, but from the outside, KC just doesn't have that mistique this year. There's not an ounce of smack in that or this; even with the state the Bengals are in, i thought they had a legitimate chance to win yesterday, going into the game.

Your defense has done the job the last 4 weeks in the 2nd half, so that's something very positive to look at but i'd still be worried about scoring and drops.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:16 PM 01-01-2024
I get the feeling you're expressing as a fan, but from the outside, KC just doesn't have that mistique this year. There's not an ounce of smack in that or this; even with the state the Bengals are in, i thought they had a legitimate chance to win yesterday, going into the game.

Your defense has done the job the last 4 weeks in the 2nd half, so that's something very positive to look at but i'd still be worried about scoring and drops.
Oh KC is not as dominant on offense as they usually are and it is very concerning. But playoff football is a different beast. Give me the most experienced team in the playoffs until they are no longer in. I do think that if KC were to somehow win it all this would be the greatest playoff run in their history as they are very vulnerable.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 11:19 PM 01-01-2024
lol. No.

You only got to see the real Bengals from Arizona to Baltimore at halftime this year. They will be right back up the Chiefs asses next year.
Joey was able to light a few cigars thanks to his defense. Now he doesn’t have one. At least he has….OBJ protecting his blind side? :-)
[Reply]
Page 219 of 272
« First < 119169209215216217218219 220221222223229269 > Last »
Up