« First < 118168208214215216217218 219220221222228268 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 02:16 PM 09-11-2023

On the first possession of the game, a switch release gets Skyy some space on a fade. A window for the backshoulder is there

15 thinks about it, then comes back to Jet on the checkdown pic.twitter.com/BjpiqJmLd3

— Ron Kopp Jr. (@Ron_Kopp) September 11, 2023

Again, that's open fellas.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:21 PM 09-11-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:

Yikes. That first one is WIDE the **** open.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 02:23 PM 09-11-2023

So was McKinnon, with a better matchup. The LB made a phenomenal play, else that's a big gainer.

Skyy broke wide open as Mahomes switched targets. When he saw the MLB look like a blitz, then have to turn & trail Jet, it became a no-brainer. They also had the two receivers on the left side of the formation clear the area for McKinnon. If not for that impressive recovery by the LB, Jet was gone. Probably a designed play to go to the RB.
[Reply]
O.city 02:27 PM 09-11-2023
McKinnon is an afterthough check down after a chip block there. That's not designed.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 02:30 PM 09-11-2023
McKinnon is an afterthough check down after a chip block there. That's not designed.
That was not a chip down block. That was a delayed route... and it was cleared by the left side receivers. Watch the video... looks like they executed it nearly to perfection. Mahomes had to go all arm as he had pressure coming down and could not step into the pass.
[Reply]
O.city 02:31 PM 09-11-2023
One goes for 30 and one goes for 8.

God damn guys. This isn't that hard. Throw the fucking ball Pat.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:31 PM 09-11-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
So was McKinnon, with a better matchup. The LB made a phenomenal play, else that's a big gainer.

Skyy broke wide open as Mahomes switched targets. When he saw the MLB look like a blitz, then have to turn & trail Jet, it became a no-brainer. They also had the two receivers on the left side of the formation clear the area for McKinnon. If not for that impressive recovery by the LB, Jet was gone. Probably a designed play to go to the RB.
That 'window' for a back-shoulder pass is going to get impossibly small. The DB isn't out of phase with him and that's a really easy play to cut under. Moreover, Moore is small. His catch radius on a back-shoulder play is tiny.

I don't blame Mahomes for not throwing that ball, it's as likely to get picked/deflected as it is to get caught. Coming off that read is the right play.

If that's the kind of 'open' the "He was open 8 times!" crowd is seeing, that ain't a great argument.

The open I saw was typically on quick hitters and clear outs. 3-5 yard gains. But on a couple of them they'd have been first downs so I wish he'd have pulled the trigger there.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:31 PM 09-11-2023

So, in the 2nd clip:

Yeah, Skyy gets open.

However, there's two issues that probably canceled Skyy as far as Pat was concerned.

One, that's not an easy throw. Pat would have to lay that between Skyy and the DB, who's just a couple yards away. if he doesn't' dot Skyy, the DB could make a play.

Two, in the moment that he could pull the trigger, his OL is getting pushed right back into him. He can't step into the pass. So he's going to lose a little in terms of both accuracy and velocity. Or the DL might get a hand on it. I think that's why Pat doesn't throw that ball to Skyy there.

Again, just my opinion, but that's what it looks like to me.
[Reply]
O.city 02:32 PM 09-11-2023
The slot guy is running the dig to hold the safety. Pat is looking right the entire time and can't step into the pass because he held the ball to long and pressure got there.
[Reply]
O.city 02:36 PM 09-11-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That 'window' for a back-shoulder pass is going to get impossibly small. The DB isn't out of phase with him and that's a really easy play to cut under. Moreover, Moore is small. His catch radius on a back-shoulder play is tiny.

I don't blame Mahomes for not throwing that ball, it's as likely to get picked/deflected as it is to get caught. Coming off that read is the right play.

If that's the kind of 'open' the "He was open 8 times!" crowd is seeing, that ain't a great argument.

The open I saw was typically on quick hitters and clear outs. 3-5 yard gains. But on a couple of them they'd have been first downs so I wish he'd have pulled the trigger there.
Pause it at the 4 second mark in the clip. They switch it, his defender isn't in phase and is facing in with, 3 yards in between.

I mean.....am I taking crazy pills?
[Reply]
O.city 02:37 PM 09-11-2023
He'd let it go when Skyy is at the 25, ball gets there at the 31. He's running full speed at a defender with his feet stopped.......guys stop grading this on the curve.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:51 PM 09-11-2023
He'd let it go when Skyy is at the 25, ball gets there at the 31. He's running full speed at a defender with his feet stopped.......guys stop grading this on the curve.

Pause the clip when Skyy steps on the 25 (a titch past :03 sec). Where exactly should Pat throw that ball? Take that NFL logo on the 25 and move it up to use as a landmark for us. Minding the fact that at about :04.5 seconds our OL is getting pushed into Pat's feet.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:57 PM 09-11-2023
According to Simms our WR's had trouble separating. Specifically pointed at Moore. Says Toney is the only one that could create separation lined up 1v1.

Toney off his game + No Kelce = deep doodoo as per Simms.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 02:58 PM 09-11-2023
Safety dropped to help w/ Skyy, so Mahomes had the dig open as well (if he had time to throw) :-)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 02:59 PM 09-11-2023
Pause it at the 4 second mark in the clip. They switch it, his defender isn't in phase and is facing in with, 3 yards in between.

I mean.....am I taking crazy pills?
Dude he had like 2 yards of horizontal separation which the DB could easily close while the ball was in the air. Mahomes would have to back shoulder that throw to an undersized WR for that to not get tipped or picked.
[Reply]
Page 218 of 295
« First < 118168208214215216217218 219220221222228268 > Last »
Up